[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (25 KB, 320x459) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25 KB, 320x459
I've read people saying someone should've died in the movie, but I think that'd defeat the purpose of it. The whole movie is framed as an ideological conflict between Captain America and Iron Man born out of their past experiences throughout the previous movies, and it never presents a "right" side, it leaves for the audience to choose. Killing a member of each group would just make everyone get back together to mourn, and would also invariably paint the opposite side of the fallen hero as the "wrong" one, so there'd be no debate. Crippling War Machine in a friendly fire incident was the best course of action to have someone be deeply affected by the conflict while keeping the ambiguity of which side could be considered right.
>>
>>84375363
>and it never presents a "right" side,

Except that Tony was undeniably wrong. No matter what your opinion on the idea of there being more restrictions on heroes, the accords as they were failed and for exactly the reason that Steve stated

He predicted that there would be a time when they would need to go somewhere, and the accords could stop them from going. Tony warned Ross about the super soldiers in Siberia, but Ross blocked Tony from going, So Tony broke the accords and went anyway.

This movie is actually a very interesting turn of character development for Tony. In the first Ironman he blindly trusted Obediah with his company. After he found out his weapons were being sold on both sides, and that Obe betrayed him, Tony trusted no one but himself with his tech. Now, after Ultron, he no longer trusts himself with that power and Civil War becomes Tony desperately trying to shove this responsibility off on some one else.
>>
>>84375363
>I've read people saying someone should've died in the movie, but I think that'd defeat the purpose of it.

rather it should feel like anyone is in danger, it sure didn't feel like it, the only one who tried to go for the kill was iron man but they nerfed him hard to make it seem like Cap and Bucky had a chance and in the big fight before, they were all quipping around, War Mashines sudden fall, being all serious, felt really out of place.
>>
>>84375670
The whole point is that several of them weren't treating it as a proper conflict and it suddenly all went to hell faster than they imagine.
>>
>>84375731

yeah and they destroyed an airport while they were fooling around.
>>
>>84375818
Not an entire airport.
>>
>>84375515

>blames Tony doesn't even acknowledge "Muh Bucky" and how it's all Cap's fault
>>
>>84375892

I never blamed anyone for anything. I'm saying Tony was wrong because he disobeyed the accords he supported.
>>
>>84375931
Cap was wrong in the sense that he fucked over the Avengers for "muh Bucky".
>>
>>84375931

he was pushing the accords because the world was expecting the avengers to sign, he said the content could still be changed.
>>
>>84376038
It doesn't change the fact that he blatantly broke the accords, and for exactly a reason he was warned about.

>>84376032
He went to ask Bucky to turn himself in after Ross basically told his task force "I'm supposed to tell you to take him alive, but really I would like him dead."

A fight only happened because the task force went in guns blazing, and then BP showed up to attack.

the second time was because Ross dropped the "supposed to say take him alive" part and strait out said to kill Bucky.

I also fail to see how Cap fucked over the avengers, as Ant-man was really the only one he pressured into joining him. The others joined him by choice.
>>
>>84376135

Tony was just trying to get the Avengers out of trouble, they were gonna get forced to either sign or resign anyway and Tony knows Cap is retarded enough to make himself a criminal, when things don't work out as he wishes.
>>
>>84375515
> Tony has difficulty trusting himself
> Wanda has difficulty trusting herself
> Bucky has difficulty trusting himself
> Vision starts to doubt himself
> Cap begins to doubt himself a bit
> T'challa probably kind of doubts himself a little as well after his revenge-boner
>>
>>84376032
Cap didn't want Bucky to be in the equation in the first place.
>>
>>84375818
Vision and Antman did.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.