[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Most you've cringed during in any comic media For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
ITT: Most you've cringed during in any comic media

For me, it's Jennifer Lawrence "speaking" Vietnamese. I'm a native speaker and just cringed hard listening to her. It's a very tonal language and no one bothered to correct her.
>>
File: Some big guys are born.jpg (200 KB, 1114x639) Image search: [Google]
Some big guys are born.jpg
200 KB, 1114x639
who cares, vietcong?
>>
>>84375330
Everything about you and our people fills me with disgust.
>>
>>84375330
That sucks. I watched Narcos and liked Wagner Moura, but a lot of Spanish speakers hated his accent (he's Brazilian and learned Spanish for the role). Being bilingual would be cool, but I'm glad my ignorance lets me enjoy things like this without being taken out of the story.

At least with X-Men you could say it's just Mystique being shit at Vietnamese. There's no reason why Pablo Escobar would sound Brazilian.
>>
>>84375330
>For me, it's Jennifer Lawrence "speaking"
This was all you needed to type.
>>
>>84376256
I don't understand why people say she's such a great actress. Even in her non-X-Men stuff she's just kind of okay.
>>
>>84376080
You still got to admmit, the guy can act one hell of a Pablo Escobar.
>>
>>84375330
Hey OP

I was in vietnam last year and I loved it there, so I am going this year again

Renting a bike and going from Da Nang to the north (since I spend last year exploring from HCM to Da Nang, I want to see more center+north)

No relevance to the thread, just saying it
>>
>>84376727
Because she's so quirky and just like us.
>>
>>84376727
We're living in a time when "just okay" is what passes for great as far as actors go.
>>
>>84375330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9U23YXgiY
>>
>>84375330
Maybe her character just speaks really shitty Vietnamese?
>>
Mystique being admired by the young X-Men was fucking cringeworthy
>>
>>84377168
They literally turned her into Katniss
I kept expecting people to go "look, it's the Mockingjay!" whenever she met someone new
>>
>>84377168
I haven't seen the latest movie yet - the trailers looked shitty, I am waiting for DVD-rip torrent

How bad is it? I don't have the hate-boner people on 4chan have of Lawrence, but I don't really like her that much either
>>
>>84376727
She has an exceptional agent. She got a few oscar-bait movies, and had good enough PR that everyone loved her because she's so quirky and "down-to-earth", now people have gotten sick of her shit and she's riding out the last bits of her fame, no one thinks she's a great actress anymore.
>>
File: how do you even fuck this up.jpg (20 KB, 400x202) Image search: [Google]
how do you even fuck this up.jpg
20 KB, 400x202
>>84375330
Eh, try listening to their Russian, not to mention casual stupidity.
>>
>>84375330
Well I am from Czech Republic, from Prague

When we are in Hollywood media (or in comics, too), it's usually combination of drugs, prostitution and organized crime.

Or, conversely, it's like we all live in 16th century houses and castles. Think Latveria.

Both of it is quite funny. But I don't object really.
>>
>>84377215
>How bad is it?
It's not horrible, but it has a very weak story and villain, a weak villain, once again makes Magneto, Xavier and Mystique the most important ones (the others range from "useful here and there" to "just window dressing"), out of those three McAvoy is the only one who's still trying (even Fassbender is phoning it in at this point) and it never really comes together. It's basically two hours of noise. If all you want from an X-Men movies is lots of power displays, I guess it's worth watching.
>>
>>84377541
People praised Oscar Isaac's performance but it felt like even he was on cruise control. 90% of his scenes are him giving people an intense stare and doing this kind of Marlon Brando mutter. The other 10% are him just shouting and trying to sound grand and powerful and it doesn't really work, they have to add a weird reverb filter to his voice when he starts shouting to mask how unintimidating he sounds when he's trying to be scary.
>>
>>84377670
Isaac is also only 171 cm (five-seven and a half), so we have a manlet Apocalypse who wears very noticeably three-inch lift shoes to try to look intimidating but still barely hits average height (he's 5'10.5 with them, but so is the average 5'9.5 American in normal 1-inch shoes) and is shorter than Magneto.

Still. The entire movie is worth it for two scenes.

1. Quicksilver [ya'll know the scene]

2. "YOU'RE IN MY HOUSE NOW!" [Xavier pawnch)
>>
>>84376080
There is a big problem with Spanish, and it's that, unlike what some people think, it is not a monolithic language. For starters, there is a reason why some films have "Castellano" and "Spanish" as two different language picks.

But apart from translations, Spanish is usually butchered in comics. Just as an example, the meme-famous "bueno..." does not mean "good...", it means "well...".
>>
>>84377670
>doing this kind of Marlon Brando mutter.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed, it's especially funny because he sounds like he's specifically trying to channel Brando's performance in Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>84377264
I had to read the English subtitles to understand what Scarlett Johansson was saying in Russian in the first Avengers. But then again, the Black Widow comics has bad Russian as well, so it's an accurate adaptation.
>>
>>84377168
I wanted to leave the theatre

This new generation of X-kids is ruined. There's no coming back. Kill them all and give us the New Mutants
>>
Foreigners should leave.
>>
>>84378091
It's cool, the next one is going to jump another 10 years and we're probably going to get yet another cast of "new X-Men" while this generation become the teachers who get sidelined.
>>
>>84375330
IT AIN'T ME
>>
File: yourridesovermutie.png (501 KB, 803x414) Image search: [Google]
yourridesovermutie.png
501 KB, 803x414
>x-men talk
>bitching about the x-kids being ruined and how we need the New Mutants
>not realizing that all mutie bastard scum should be exterminated
>>
> takes place in The South
> It's always some backwoods town with a corrupt sheriff
>>
>>84378111
Shitposters should leave. Foreigners, if there is such a thing online, should stay.
>>
File: capamerica1990.jpg (87 KB, 440x230) Image search: [Google]
capamerica1990.jpg
87 KB, 440x230
>>84375330
CapAm 1990
>>
>>84378200
Andy Taylor was an intimidating villain.
>>
>>84378111
You mean everyone who isn't Japanese? Or wherever the fuck the servers are located.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 278x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 278x529
>>84375330
Literally no reason why they couldn't get Brazilian Portuguese speakers for the bit parts at the beggining of the movie, instead we have American actors reading a phonetic script.
>>
I think they made up a written English script for her to attempt to copy the rising and falling tones in Vietnamese. Of course, that didn't help.
>>
>>84378111
Build a wall around 4chan, faggot.
>>
>non-native speakers trying to speak a different language sounds bad

Stop the presses guys, I think we're onto something here.
>>
>>84377264
what the fucking fuck is in that picture. fuck? like is it.. fuck? I've got a 2nd graders grasp of it, but Christ what even is that?
>>
>>84375330
To me it was when Bruce Banner and Black Widow did a shitty Casablanca role play in Agr of worst Shiptron
>>
>>84378652
Pls don't remind me
>>
>>84376727
She was pretty good early on, but she phones it in when she's only in it for the fat paychecks, like X-Men or the Hunger Games.
>>
>>84377953
Well, well well....
>>
>>84375330

Didn't we just have this thread?
>>
>>84375330
Whenever people speak French in hollywood media

You'd think they could hire a native speaker (granted, some native speakers have accents, but they can at least pronounce the words correctly)
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.