[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Captain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: civil war.jpg (190 KB, 1024x1040) Image search: [Google]
civil war.jpg
190 KB, 1024x1040
So, now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Captain America: Civil War?
>>
Didn't see it.
>>
>>84372975
It was pretty good. Some of the later dialogue filled bits were a touch ham fisted, and we'll the fight at the end turned out the opposite of any reasonable conclusion, but c'mon everybody wants to see the heroes fight. The fight scenes were fantastic, the best I think we've had seen any of the comic book movies, or maybe movies in general.
>>
It was great.
>>
>>84373107
>while not we'll
>>
>>84372975
Much better than it's source material that's for damned sure.
>>
>>84372975
Solid start for pahse 3. Maybe not best MCU, but so far best cape and blockbuster this year by far. Seriously, BvS, Independence day, WOW were all meh. Apocalypse while fun was way beneath the other two movies. What the hell is going on? They should all return the rights to Marvel already.
>>
File: brettygud.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
brettygud.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>
It was the kinoest kino of the kinos. This movie (along with BvS) should be showed obligatory in every film school for further study.
>>
>>84372975
It was good, not great. A little over rated, I still think Winter Soldier and Ironman were better MCU movies
>>
I feel it missed some of the points it should have made. The Sokovia accords were more of an afterthought.
>>
So apparently, we're about to get an Iron Woman.
>>
the "civil war" aspects should have been taken out
>>
>>84373974
This is not relevant
>>
Two different movies slapped together with mechanical, by the numbers editing and acting. It was like watching someone punch a clock for more than two hours.
>>
loved everything about it.
damn good and i reccomend it to any fan of Marvel
>>
Forgettable like every other Marvel movie.
>>
File: 1453944391726.jpg (19 KB, 344x341) Image search: [Google]
1453944391726.jpg
19 KB, 344x341
>>84372975
First half was great

Spiderman's role was utterly retarded and I still can't believe people keep praising his presence in the film for the sake of being Spiderman in the mcu despite being a mere tool
50% of the second half was a bullshit Iron Man solo movie instead of getting more of the actual Captain America solo movie or the actual Civil War

Final battle was great
>>
Two stories that didn't have much in common with each other smashed together.

Still a great movie, but they could have cut so many things and it would be better.

They are overdoing it with the cameos. People suck their cocks for every Ant-Man and Spider-Man cameo but it didn't really made the movie better.

Still better than Avengers 2 though, that was just confusing. Here I at least got the motivation of everyone. That alone made it a better movie.
>>
>>84372975
It was fine. Better than the fucking disaster that BvS was but worse than TWS.
>>
>>84372975
I've used this comparison before:

TWS is a clean, one-flip dive into a pool, with zero splash
CW is an extravagant flippy and twisty dive, with some splash at the end
Avengers 1 was a cannonball for the fun of it
AoU was another cannonball, but people are getting pissed
BvS is a flat splat into the concrete bottom of an empty pool
>>
I only saw bits and pieces while walking theaters at work, but nothing I saw made me want to watch the whole thing.
>>
>>84372975
Honestly, I liked it more than TWS. It managed to juggle all the characters and still feel like a Captain America movie. The action was fantastic, the plot moved along at a good pace, I'm glad it was able to show both sides' point of view on the Sokovia Accords. It's probably the third best film I've seen this year.
>>
Really liked it, but I'm still a bit bummed that we didn't get a proper third Cap movie. Too much Iron Man and other Avengers in it to consider it a solo movie.

Still, I enjoyed it. On paper it should've been a disaster (shit source material, a ton of characters to juggle around and had to introduce BP and Spider-Man), but they somehow managed to make one of the better superhero movies. I think it would've been even better if Marvel let the Russos do a proper sequel to Winter Soldier, but I'll take what I can get. Hoping for another Evans Cap solo movie after Infinity War, this time focused entirely on him and his supporting cast.
>>
>>84374459
It was great until

I felt Spidey took away alot of other character's development, especially Cap's.

You just know he is going to be shoehorned into everything now. It kind of annoyed me how in the airport fight he got 90% of the limelight.
>>
>>84375924
Spidey himself had no character development due to the iron man bias
I was at least expecting some character dilemma about him being in such a divisive conflict
Instead he instantly joins the first team he's asked to join without questioning shit
>>
>>84373107

>Opposite of any reasonable conclusion

What should have happened? I liked that they did the subversion to the typical "heroes fight due to misunderstanding and unite to defeat the common foe once they realize" bit that comic crossovers tend to use, and I like that they ended it on the sour not of things not necessarily being totally okay between them.
>>
>>84372975
This thread again?
>>
File: 1457784114057.jpg (158 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457784114057.jpg
158 KB, 682x1024
>>84372975
It was nice.
>>
As many other anons have said, it's two films crammed into one, which should've been horrible. But at it's worst it was just "fun" and at it's best it was pretty fantastic. For instance, if they'd left out Spider-man it would've been a better film, but it wouldn't have been as fun. I'm looking forward to owning the Blu-Ray.
>>
>>84372975

I wish the fight scenes between the heroes were a little more brutal and less jokey, but other than that it was a great movie that made me excited to see the solo Black Panther and Spiderman movies.
>>
File: 1467649271444.jpg (35 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1467649271444.jpg
35 KB, 512x384
>>84372975
can't wait for capeshit to end desu
>>
>>84378186
>I wish the fight scenes between the heroes were a little more brutal and less jokey
Zack pls
>>
>>84376522
You complain about this but not the spam of BVS APOLOGIZE KINO threads?
>>
I think it's good but a bit overrated

Winter Soldier is still superior to Civil War
>>
I didn't watch that trash.
>>
>>84378437
How do you know if it's trash if you've never watched it?
>>
>>84376159
The film could have been retitled Iron Man Civil War and been identical.
>>
For a movie that should have been placed much farther down the timeline I feel like they did a pretty good job.
>>
>>84378918
I only almost agree. Cap never has much development himself, and usually he influences people around him to be better.

Tony is kind of the only person who Cap affected in the negative. So it works that way.

Also, most of the events of Civil War revolve around cap's decisions for/against his friends, as opposed to for/against his government like in TWS, so it's still his story.

What happened was that Tony hasn't been properly written since 2008, so we all felt the difference.

>>84379158
They would never have had the opportunity again. People age faster irl than in the comics.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.