[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he just Sandman with water?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: hydro-man.jpg (40 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
hydro-man.jpg
40 KB, 640x640
Is he just Sandman with water?
>>
>>84370628
Sometimes he's used to make an MJ clone
>>
>>84370641
Yeah that was a weird plot line in the 90s cartoon.
>>84370628
Pretty much imo. He once combined with sandman actually.
>>
>>84370628
Sandman is just Hydro with Sand.
>>
They're so similar there was once a storyline where they competed for the affections of some dumpy bar floozy.

After fighting, they accidentally combined into a mud monster and the floozy took it onto a late night talk show, where iirc it went berserk, Spider-Man fought it and somehow it got separated again at the end of it all.
>>
>>84370628
Powerwise sure. But Sandman has had more done with his character.
>>
>>84370628
Yeah, but when superheated Sandman can still do shit in his glass form, but if Hydro-Man gets frozen he's stuck like that
>>
>>84370628
Hydro-man is way cuter than Sandman though, so he's not a complete bust.
>>
>>84370657
On the plus side, Spidey's half-way to having an elemental redheads harem
Water MJ, Fire Firestar
Just needs and Earth rehead and a wind redhead.
Jean can count as the fifth element of mind I guess
>>
>>84370675
What if he becomes steam?

What happens to sand when it's frozen?
Not much?
>>
Power wise maybe, but they couldn't be more different as characters. This is /co/ though so I don't expect people to look beyond powers
>>
>>84370728
Steam? Nothing Spider-Man beat him like that once. He just evaporated and reformed weeks later I think
>>
>>84370715
The fifth element is love/heart, dumbass. You need Mila Jovovich or a black kid for that.
>>
>>84370749
in everything not captain planet the 5th element is void/quintessence
>>
>>84370749
Ma-Ti wasn't black

Anywho, I was thinking of Mind as filling in for Ether
>>
>>84370884
Aether*
My bad
>>
>>84370860
that's the zeroth element
>>
Sorta, only Spider-Man is directly responsible for Hydro-Man's creation; iirc he knocked the dumb shmoe off an oil rig by accident, then he got covered in chemicals, then he became Hydro-Man
>>
>>84370628
Yeah. He filled out the role Sandman used to play before going good.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.