[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strong is the Flash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: featured-flash.jpg (297 KB, 632x332) Image search: [Google]
featured-flash.jpg
297 KB, 632x332
Not asking about running or speed force just asking about his own physical strength. How would he compare to people like Batman or Captain America?
>>
Normal strength.
>>
That's a really difficult question to answer. He's pretty fit, but because he spends all his time running, his body is probably trained more for endurance than raw physical strength.

That said, this thread is bound to get wonky once you factor in how fast he runs, because he can accelerate to obscene velocities and therefore generate ridiculous amounts of force. Like, picture a bullet. That shit's small, but it's the velocity that lets it tear through everything it can.

Now picture a bullet the size of a fist traveling at like mach twelve. I'm pretty sure Flash punched some dude into orbit, at least twice.

And if we're talking about in relation to other heroes, the fact that he can accelerate to ludicrous speeds such as one half-the-world/second actually place him near, if not at the top of bullshit power rankings when he really cuts loose. Because seriously, it doesn't matter how strong you are if you're moving fast enough to deliver a punch approaching infinite mass in its impact. It's one of the reasons he's so appealing, at first you think he's just some weak ass guy who can only run fast, and then he really cuts loose and holy shit he just did like ten laps around the planet in a few seconds, wrecking your shit on each pass.

This velocity has also been shown to apply to lifting heavy objects, to a degree. I distinctly remember things like Flash lifting extremely heavy objects, but once he slows down a bit he ended up dropping whatever it was because he didn't have the momentum to help him move it.

So really, in the end, it boils down to "How much bullshit are we talking here?", because really Flash is one of those "As strong as the plot demands he is" heroes.
>>
He's a cardiofag.
>>
>>84368953
Nothing about the Flash makes sense physically, it's best not to think about it.
>>
>>84368917
Well theres the problem m8, his strength increases due to his speed. What happens when you get hit by a car?
>>
>>84369060
two explainations:

1: speed force. kinda deus exish but it "fixes" all the holes in the physics because "It's magic, I ain't gotta say shit"

2: he runs sp fast he walks on air this guy is fucking sick
>>
He's literally as fit as he is because of the speedforce. You can't just subtract that from the equation. It's like asking how strong is Superman without super strength? Like... that's not a superpower. That's just who he is.

You can say Kryptonite or Red Sun Radiation weakens him but that's exactly what it does, it weakens him. That's not regular strength, that's weakened strength.
>>
>>84369087
>What happens when you get hit by a car?
Bad example. A car weighs at least close to a ton, with lots of power behind it. Any car, even a fucking Fiat 500, can squish you even with snail speed. A 70kg human can't.
>>
>>84368917
Well he's got carry people while running and it's not like he's running by a top speed, he's going fast enough to gently pick people up and move them with out killing them.
Now would that factor gravity when he is picking these people up?
Also I think he can move a gorilla.
>>
>>84369113
energy and mass are directly correlated. an object at near lightspeed has more mass than the same object at rest
>>
E=MC squared, therefore his strength ie the energy he can put into a blow is equal to his mass times his acceleration squared. as things approach lightspeed their mass becomes infinite, flash's speed is also essentially infinite because he can travel faster than light, so infinite mass times infinite acceleration = infinite strength
>>
>>84368953
Wait how does speed help with lifting
>>
Well I'd say that you know striking and stuff he obviously is very strong due to his speed.

I'd say when he lifts things he's at least above average, due to being in shape. Also for all we know he super speed works out off screen, and maybe he can SPEED FORCE MAGIC his muscles temporarily or something, kind of like how Wally's son could do that but without any physical change.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.