[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: negaduck.jpg (29 KB, 363x522) Image search: [Google]
negaduck.jpg
29 KB, 363x522
Why the fuck was his problem?
>>
*What
>>
>>84368034
He was a neggar.
>>
>>84368034
he has no friends
>>
>>84368034
>Why the fuck was his problem?

He was evil.
>>
>>84368034
his ego was dependent on his villain identity as much as DW's was on seeing himself hero.
>>
>>84368107
Fuck you for reminding me
>>
>>84368107
I hope we get dw try that in the new series and nd just laughs at him for being so dumb
>>
He is a sadist who gets off on hurting people.
>>
>>84368034
What was his whole origin again? From another dimension? Created by evil magic? I don't recall.
>>
>>84368268
Evil kid from the same planet as Darkwing.
>>
>>84368268
It was a running gag in the show where they kept giving him new origins.

They did the same thing with Darkwing.
>>
>>84368311
I really need to sit down and rewatch the show then. As a kid with an attention span of a gnat, that joke was probably wasted on me.
>>
>>84368311
Really? I can only remember the Superman story.
Apart from that we only see him in his evil dimension, but I always assumed he just discovered it and became their king or something.

And for DW I also only know two origins, the Superman one and the prom one.
>>
>>84368268
Originally megavolt hit Darkwing Duck with Nega energy splitting Darkwing into an evil "NegaDuck" and a good "PosiDuck." The episode ends with Darkwing being joined back together but the writers liked NegaDuck so much that they turned him into his own character.

It's implied that Negaduck is an Alternate universe version of Darkwing but they never really gave him an origin.
>>
>>84368356
There was also the first Negaduck episode where Darkwing was split in two. That's why he's named Negaduck in the first place. He's the negative part of Darkwing.

And that weird pirate elseworlds episode.

They were planing to do more if the show had continued.
>>
>>84368380
That was the first with Negaduck? Haven't watched that episode in over a decade. Also, I thought exaclty because of that splitting it wasn't the "real" Negaduck, as the split good one wasn't the "real" Darkwing.
>>
>>84368268
He didn't really *need* one, I think.

Kind of like how Darkwing's origins are pretty immaterial an unimportant to him, whoever Negaduck was before doesn't matter.
>>
>>84368034
>What the fuck was his problem?
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>84368034
He was evil. He ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>84368268
The most "canon" origin is the mirror universe version of Darkwing one. Mentioned again in the comics.

Like someone else said, like Darkwing he is egotistical, just wrapped up in being an awesome supervillain instead of superhero.
>>
>>84368034
He's only Public Enemy #2. Blast that Dr. Slug.
>>
>>84368034
It's shown that he lives in Darkwing's exact same house in the same location with the same people, neighbors etc. AND has his secret hideout in the exact same place as Darkwing in the Negaverse but he NEVER thinks to look in either of those places and bomb them in the regular universe.
>>
>>84368107
>>84368181
>Implying he couldn't just make the rest of the Fearsome Five his friends if he wanted to
Whoever wrote that clearly had no grasp on the source material or logic. Glad he's gone. The new comic is doing a much better job at handling his characterization so far.
>>
File: Reverse Pines.png (189 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Reverse Pines.png
189 KB, 500x333
>>84368034

Opposite universe characters always have to be extra edgy.

Say the regular character is kind of a jerk despite meaning well or even not that good of a person.

Their alternate universe moral opposite will then be a baby-eating, child-raping, chainsaw-wielding monster.
>>
File: 1311223277116.jpg (231 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1311223277116.jpg
231 KB, 1024x576
>>84370492
Nothing edgy about Metal. Now Shadow on the other hand...
>>
File: spookyfish-cartman_480x360.jpg (47 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
spookyfish-cartman_480x360.jpg
47 KB, 480x360
>>84370492
Truly?
>>
>>84370492
>kind of a jerk despite meaning well
So should their mirror universe version be really nice and polite but clearly malevolent in their actions and intentions?
>>
>>84370578
Nah, being evil but with a honorable core. Like Doctor Doom.
>>
>>84370578
If it were a true opposite version of the character, then that means they wouldn't exist. It's okay to bend the rules a little.
>>
>>84370537

Granted

>>84370578

Might be interesting, or rather they should probably be morally ambiguous or moreso, it's the contrast though. These characters usually show up as clear outright villains and usually aren't in the show as much as the heroes so they're less nuanced and their characterization is having a goatee or something.
>>
>>84370475
>if he wanted to
Exactly. DW said that Naga is the problem because he himself doesn't let him making friends
>>
>>84368034
none, hes awesome
>>
>that episode where he shot up a movie theater dressed as Darkwing
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.