[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't there more /co/ content with mermaids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (51 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
51 KB, 500x271
Why isn't there more /co/ content with mermaids?
>>
File: baiter.webm (3 MB, 1075x600) Image search: [Google]
baiter.webm
3 MB, 1075x600
>>84362450
Content with mermaid and (presumably) humans requires a fairly limited scope of locations. Namely, places where there is both land and water. Unless the mermaid is in a wheelchair or the human in scuba gear, you can't exactly have a scene with both set in wandering downtown, or walking along the bottom of a lake, or mountain climbing.

Most comics and animations are generally working off some other idea, or want to keep their options open. So they aren't going to make a landbound story with a waterbound protagonist unless the idea specifically centers around that concept. (see: Little Mermaid)
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 442x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 442x604
>>84364799
but I want humanxmermaid couples, and your logic meaning the lack of it is just not what I want to hear
>>
>>84364799
To be fair a lot of cartoons actually tend to keep their locations tend to be the same general location.
If they wanted to like you said they could find reasons to get them out and about . I mean Mermaid magic and shit.
>>
>>84364860
Yeah and I want some snek but even though that's less restrictive than mermaids, it's not anywhere near as common
>>
>>84362450
I have the outlines of a comic about a group of mermaids who have to fight deep-sea eldritch horrors in the Florida area.
It never got beyond half a script though.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 774x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 774x434
>>84365075
I want you to actually make something out of that anon, please
>>
>>84364885
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch? It's an anime about mermaids who act like magical girls. There's also Muromi-san (that webm) and Little Mermaid, although I'm not familiar with any others.

I think a big problem is that, if you're not talking about a mermaid with the tail and the inability to walk on land, you just end up with... Aquaman. And that series should highlight some of the problems with the human/mermaid concept. Sure, someone could come up with some idea, but outside those specifically focused stories, you won't see much.

>>84364860
Where is this from? Those character expressions look familiar.
>>
>>84362450
does Fish Hooks and Spongebob count? Only recent ones I can think of Maybe SeaLab but that's kind of diffrent.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 388x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 388x604
>>84365195
It's fanart of au Mabel and Bill from gravity falls
>>
>>84365195
>Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
Yeah I was inspired by this anime. It's so bad but I liked it as a teenager.
>>
>>84362450
OP, you should just make your own webcomic about mermaids. No one will ever know if it's numbers filed off Monster Falls.
>>
>>84366489
I can't get away with the lolli fucking the chinks can though
>>
>>84365075
read my google doc if you dare anon
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nwrNqlSkBvuzsHOaL6ghP03UPQGgM2g8R1BHuC7ieVE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>84362450

Because mermaids are awful.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.