[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody else tired of Lex running around in the powersuit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12
File: action_comics_957.jpg (163 KB, 884x632) Image search: [Google]
action_comics_957.jpg
163 KB, 884x632
Is anybody else tired of Lex running around in the powersuit all the time? Lex is my favorite villain but I feel like he's been reduced to just being a more dickish Tony Stark.

I love the idea of Lex being a crimefighter and I think it makes a lot of sense, but a series about him beating enemies by using preptime and tech would be infinitely more interesting than seeing him punch stuff in the face while wearing his powersuit.
>>
I wouldn't mind a slimmer version more similar to Booster Gold's suit or something, but Lex shouldn't be physically fighting without a powersuit to me. It just seems wrong.

His preptiming happens while he's in a business suit. He can beat enemies in that manner, but he should not be physically fighting anymore in plainer clothing. He's a sci-fi guy not a brawler.
>>
File: lexmuscles.png (96 KB, 550x276) Image search: [Google]
lexmuscles.png
96 KB, 550x276
>>84355340
He's in great shape for a non-metahuman though, and he could afford the best trainers on the planet. If Batman can do it I don't see why Lex can't.
>>
>>84355430
It just doesn't seem like him. He's not a guy who would avoid using all the resources possible including the best tech. Doesn't seem right.

NOT MUH LUTHOR I guess.
>>
>>84355193
So instead of being a more dickish Iron Man, you want him to be a less dickish Batman.
>>
>>84355193
I'd probably be sick of it but the Superman inspired powersuit is beautiful.
>>
File: Action Comics 544 cover.jpg (2 MB, 2063x3142) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics 544 cover.jpg
2 MB, 2063x3142
Is OP posting from 1983?

Johns grew up during the bronze age, this is his Luthor.
>>
>>84355430
>If Batman can do it I don't see why Lex can't.

Is this a serious comment?

>>84355340
You can blame Johns for this.
>>
>>84355593
both those luthor designs are shit tho
>>
>>84355193 He's trying to be Superman a power suit is the only way he can do that.
>>
>>84355340
>>84355193
He is copying his idol, Superman. Supes punches stuff, so Lex wans to punch stuff too.
>>
>>84355340
He's one of the most competent humans in the planet too. He wouldn't stand a chance in h2h against the likes of batman or nightwing, but he's way above average. He was dominating the joker in a fistfight during salvation run, and the only reason he lost was because Joker was invulnerable to pain.

>>84355430
>>
>>84356044
>Is this a serious comment?

I'm sorry, was Bruce bitten by a radioactive bat? They're both rich guys. They're both fucking crazy. They're both super smart and crazy-driven.

Hell, they both spend entirely too much time out of their day thinking "how can I kill the guy who spends all his free time saving the day?"
>>
I miss his lois lane sex robot.
>>
>>84355193
Why don't people just smack him in the mouth
>>
File: action comics 544-29.jpg (437 KB, 1200x1864) Image search: [Google]
action comics 544-29.jpg
437 KB, 1200x1864
>>84355593

Perez manages to make it look... decent.
>>
>>84357899
Hugo Strange and his Batman-dressed prostitute can eat their hearts out. This is some next level obsession/fetish.
>>
>>84357913
Forcefield around the head.
>>
>>84357716
Bruce is peak human you dumb ass, the guy was gifted genetically before any training. Lex on the other hand is a manlet that goes to the gym in SOME incarnations. You seem to think bruce is just a normal guy that happens to be fit and learned some ninja shit
>>
File: anon.png (220 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
anon.png
220 KB, 500x372
>>84355193
>still no protection for his head

c'mon Lex you are supposed to be a super genius
>>
>>84355193
Tony Stark works better as a villain anyway. The guy's already responsible for so much reprehensible shit.
>>
File: Superior Iron Man.jpg (516 KB, 1822x1200) Image search: [Google]
Superior Iron Man.jpg
516 KB, 1822x1200
>>84360010
Superior Iron Man was great.
>>
>>84359945

I thought it's implied to be an invisible force field in most incarnations
>>
>>84359618
Lol batstan on the loose
>>
>>84355193
I agree that he's fighting too much nowadays.
Lex is really intelligent, and his best moments are his puppet-master moments.
But his ego moments are great too.
Which is what they've been showcasing recently, especially with his superman dead, he finally gets to be the one who saves metropolis.
Let him have his moment.
>>
>>84355593
Thank God for Crisis
>>
>>84356044
Johns tried putting him back in the lab coat.
>>
>>84359618
Bruce is peak human cause he's a madman who spends all his free time fighting ninjas. Hell, Lex can do better cause he skips the whole "beating up other crazy people" part and just spends his days being a badass.
>>
>>84355430
Lex doesent have as much money as batman
>>
>>84362877
>But his ego moments are great too.
>Which is what they've been showcasing recently
Lex reprogramming his motherbox to go lex instead of ping was glorious
>>
>>84359945
The whole point of that is because he's so egocentric that he can't stand the idea that people don't know who he is without seeing his face.
>>
>>84355430
Well Lex also spends time actually running his company
>>
>>84359618
>Bruce is peak human you dumb ass, the guy was gifted genetically before any training
What. The fuck.
>>
>>84359618

Dude, fuck peak human genetics shit.

Bruce is fitter than Lex because that is all he cares about and he started a lot younger.

No matter how hard you try, at Lex's age he could never catch up with a guy who has been working at it since he was much younger and does exercises Led hasn't even heard of.
>>
>>84363631
Ooooh snal
>>
>>84364173
*Snap
>>
>>84355430
that's the same logic for skinny amanda waller, it leads to a bunch of same-y ubermensch characters
>>
>>84355430
>If Batman can do it I don't see why Lex can't.
Well, Bruce outbid lex on the best trainers, that's why he has to deal with second best trainers.
>>
File: batman say no to bullets.jpg (175 KB, 664x1023) Image search: [Google]
batman say no to bullets.jpg
175 KB, 664x1023
>>84363870
>fuck peak human genetics shit.

You need the potential to get there, Cass has it, Bane has it, Damian has it, neither dick, jason or tim have it. Lex can't even reach Olympic level, he would always be at hius best just "fit".

Just like is real life it doesnt matter how hard you try to run as fast as Bolt or swim as phelps, if you don't have the genetic potential you can't get there. Lex could NEVER dream with lifting 1 ton as bruce does or kicking harder than a car crash. It doesnt matter how hard Lex trains he would never run as Bolt, Bruce or Cass? They are way beyond that.

Peak humans are pure fiction bullshit.
>>
>>84355193
A much more prefer a Lex who doesn't do any fighting. More Young Justice style Lex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI6ff6-XZy8

Fight scene is great too.
>>
>>84357716
Their difference is that Bruce dropped off the face of the planet at a young age to learn and perfect those disciplines, so now the only real hurdle for him is mixing all of those arts into a perfect free flowing fighting style that is all his. If Lex were to start now he'd be so behind the curve that he couldn't even see it.
>>
>>84363631
Run the company? Like a peasant? That's what the hired help is for.
>>
>>84365502
>Lex could NEVER dream with lifting 1 ton as bruce does

wut?

That's not peak anything. That's superhuman. pro-tip, if no human can do it then peak human doesn't cover it.
>>
>>84365502
>Lex could NEVER dream with lifting 1 ton as bruce does

Man, I need to see that feat.
>>
>>84366035
>Their difference is that Bruce dropped off the face of the planet at a young age to learn and perfect those disciplines

As an adult though. He didn't run away from home as a child. He learned all this shit after he made 18.
>>
>>84365854
So is this version of Mercy an android or a cyborg?
>>
>>84366074
You are thinking of OLYMPIC tier you dumbass, there's no such thing as peak humans in our world.

>>84366102
He started training way before that. Hell the very first arc of Lotdk is about bruce as a teen already solving shit.

>>84366083
Morrison's run, bruce is training with 2000lbs
>>
>>84366183
>about bruce as a teen already solving shit.

No one claimed that Bruce just got smart after 18. He didn't go ninja warrior though until he was an adult.>>84366183

>You are thinking of OLYMPIC tier you dumbass

Bruce isn't superhuman. Sorry. He's a man and can do man things. He was not gifted with bat-powers.
>>
>>84366102
Which is still younger than if Luthor were to do it now.
>>
File: bat-bolas.jpg (200 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
bat-bolas.jpg
200 KB, 499x499
>>84366232
He is Peak Human. You are an idiot if you can0t grasp the difference between humans of fiction and real people. Peak humans are beyond what olympic athletes can do.
>>
>>84366275
>Which is still younger than if Luthor were to do it now.

Luthor isn't starting from scratch though. He spends his days fighting monsters too.

>>84366284
>You are an idiot

I get it, no really. He came here from the planet bat and gets powers from our moon. He's super-duper powered and had a really big dick too. Or he's a man and does man things.

(Man, gotta love these kids and their power level fixation.)
>>
>>84366379
It's genetics. His parents were only able to be killed in that alley cause it was a new moon. The thug also used Guanium bullets, the batfolk's one weakness.
>>
>>84366164
They never said if either was the case. She seemed androidy when grabbing lexs arm though.
>>
>>84366284
The big thing that makes comic peak humans "beyond what olympic athletes can do" is the fact that they as peak humans are a complete package of all the absolute bests that humanity can accomplish. Because that's what it means to be a comic book peak human : to be able to perform at the peak of what human beings are capable of. And for now, the heaviest amount of weight a human being has been recorded to lift is 1015 lbs. That's barely over half of a ton.

>>84366379
>He spends his days fighting monsters too.

With a powered armor that shoots blasters and augments strength. Hardly the same thing, and adds to how you don't really see Superman flying around doing super karate all that much. When you're a big flying brick it seems that there's no room for panache.
>>
>>84366459
>With a powered armor that shoots blasters and augments strength.

I wager that combat experience is combat experience. He's putting his life on the line and fighting. Will he be a batman pt. 2 in a few weeks? Nope. If he put the effort in I bet he'd catch up.

He's kind of single minded.
>>
>>84355593
Looks like Brainiac is grinding on himself
>>
Had Lex heard that this bat guy running around was some kind of super alien from another planet, a planet of ninjas, he'd have caught up to Bruce like a year or two ago.
>>
File: batvacuum.jpg (146 KB, 869x675) Image search: [Google]
batvacuum.jpg
146 KB, 869x675
>>84366459

Of course, but our universe is not the same as theirs. Their humans carry the meta-human gene, DB universe humans can fly and destroy moons, Street fighter's peak human can crush mountains, Anakin was a peak human in the star wars universe, etc. Peak humans are both POTENTIAL and something that triggers reaching their full potential, usually training, but they are still way beyond what someone normal could do, and in this fictional universes they do stuff like catching bullets with their hand, lifting one ton, sleeping only 14 minutes per day, fighting for an entire day, melting ice with their "energy".
Their normal humans have more potential and are more resistent than our humans, and the few "peak humans" do stuff that should be considered Superhuman but is not cuz reasons.
>>
>>84366515
>. If he put the effort in I bet he'd catch up.

It's clear you dislike batman but you can't be that ignorant about Lex
>>
>>84366695
>It's clear you dislike batman but you can't be that ignorant about Lex

I see you're ascribing emotions to me that aren't there. Batman is a guy, and a better character for it. This fanwank "he can totally lift 2.132 tons" is dumb.

I just refuse to believe that there's anything Bruce can do that Lex couldn't. They're both crazy, crazy smart, and crazy driven and have recources. Bruce spent his days trying to punch out a concept (crime) where Lex decided he really wanted to fist fight what might as well be a god.

Lex needed a power suit cause he was competing with a guy who could pick up ocean liners. Had he been fixated on batman he'd have developed in a different way.
>>
>>84366911
>I just refuse to believe that there's anything Bruce can do that Lex couldn't

So you are saying that if you wanted you could be as good at martial arts as bruce lee or run as fast as Bolt?
>>
>>84366957
As bruce lee is a unanimated corpse. Yeah. Hell I might even be better.
>>
>>84366911
>I just refuse to believe that there's anything Bruce can do that Lex couldn't.

If you were a betting man you'd lose that bet.
>>
>>84366911

>>84366911
>where Lex decided he really wanted to fist fight what might as well be a god.

He didnt, lex by nature has always been a coward, the only reason he ever face something is out of anger or desperation, the suit was usually for his own protections and an ultimate weapon, Lex is a manlet with a tiny dick and that reflects in his personality, the guy is crazy smart and driven by his own ego, but don't full yourself, he would be happier if a goon kill superman than if he has to sweat to do it himself.
>>
>>84367091
>He didnt, lex by nature has always been a coward

Cowards don't have fistfights with people who can lift their entire town. I love comics fans. They sit there and say that a regular old human dude who fucks with a guy who can move the moon is a coward. lol.

>>84367029
>If you were a betting man you'd lose that bet.

Yeah yeah, cause Batman can pick up a buick all of a sudden.
>>
>>84367308
No. You said you can't believe Bruce can do something Lex can't, right?

No one in the entire DC multiverse cries for mommy and daddy more than Bruce. Checkmate.
>>
>>84367381
I am undone.
>>
File: Fry Clapping.gif (151 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Fry Clapping.gif
151 KB, 480x360
>>84367381
>>
>>84367308

Lex doesn't. Fight superman, he pays people to do it for him, and use the suit as the emergency plan. And yes Lex is a pathetic manlet. Lex is weaker than any strong guy in your gym
>>
File: xu2y18y.jpg (42 KB, 640x588) Image search: [Google]
xu2y18y.jpg
42 KB, 640x588
>>84366530
>>
>>84367433
>Lex doesn't. Fight superman

Only he has about a thousand times in every single continuity.

> And yes Lex is a pathetic manlet.

I'm getting /fit/ vibes all of a sudden. Are you going to mention his pack status next? laffo.

>Lex is weaker than any strong guy in your gym

But Bruce can lift the gym cause he's using his orphan muscles. ok.
>>
>>84367433
This Lex Luthor stood up and went against the Injustice League after they took out our heroes too. He's not backed down from many fights that I've seen. Not since Forever Evil anyway,
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.