[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Quest_for_Camelot-_Poster.jpg (40 KB, 298x411) Image search: [Google]
Quest_for_Camelot-_Poster.jpg
40 KB, 298x411
What went wrong?
>>
They made it a musical.

Also the main character was weak and it was probably one of the weirdest takes on the Arthurian legend.
>>
Medieval theme cartoons suck.
>>
File: 1465924409285.jpg (88 KB, 685x388) Image search: [Google]
1465924409285.jpg
88 KB, 685x388
>>84354730
U wot?
>>
BEHOLD

BLADEBEAK
>>
>>84354794
i never understood this cliche (trope?)
why dress like that to read ?, and why the silly hat ?
>>
Ogre butt.
>>
>>84354518
Unnecessary comedy relief characters (similar to the gargoyles in Hunchback) without plot significance or personality (unlike Phil in Hercules).
The songs were mediocre at best and it was structured like a Bluth movie so they should have either been in the right style and furthered the plot (The Rescuers), developed character motivation (Anastasia) or not been present at all (Titan AE).
Or at least been catchy (Road To El Dorado).

The action was boring and the characters had dull personalities (unlike Atlantis: The Lost Empire).
>>
>>84355404
Do you not wear your smoking jacket while relaxing in the study?
>>
File: oM3j7xr.gif (2 MB, 277x243) Image search: [Google]
oM3j7xr.gif
2 MB, 277x243
It's a shitty musical.

On a side note; I've always wondered, for conjoined twins how does sex/masturbation even work? Shit, how does career choices work? Do they desire different things? Do they get paid double the wage since they're two people?
>>
>>84354518
goofy baby shit.
>>
>>84356316
went to school with these two
looked a lot less awkward when they were eight
>>
>merlin my awesome sword has been stolen!! we need to send people to look for it!!!
>nah just wait for some peasants to find it lol
i liked some of the songs though.
>>
>>84354518
Had a few good songs.
But the dragons sucked.
Also was the bad guy supposed to be like a knockoff Mordred?
>>
The ogre's butt
>>
>>84356316
What happens if one of them die from a headshot?
>>
Do you feel clucky?
>>
>>84358541
>>
They dusted off the Looney Tunes to shill this crap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92_4hpvSwU
>>
>>84354518
Why is movie getting so much attention on /co/ all of the sudden?
>>
>>84356316
If they use two dildos, is it masturbation or incest?
>>
>Cary Elwes
>Eric Idle
>Gary Oldman
>actors you love who keep ending up in trash
>>
>>84354518
Lauren Faust said literally nobody working on it cared about this film.
>>
>>84354518
>graft the sword to your arm
>make repeated stabs in the general area of the stone it was pulled out of

Gee wiz, Merlin.
>>
>>84354518
Holy shit, I forgot this ever even existed.

After a quick refresher with available footage on YouTube, the movie was likely forgettable, Disney-wannabe shit with sub-par animation and bland songs.

Although the two-headed dragon's song was kinda entertaining.
>>
>>84354518
>>84354700
This, because they did it last second the songs came out of nowhere (aside from Kayley's mother's song, that was kind of expected and I liked the tonal dissonance) and in some cases weren't sung by the voice of the character so the change was jarring.

And like anon said, Kayley was an incredibly weak protag, especially because she never did any of the heroism she claimed to be dream of as a wannabe knight. There wouldn't be anything wrong with that if she only had a bumpy start at the beginning, and it was fine when she had to flee Ruber's minions at the start because they overpowered her, but even after Garrett's training she still doesn't really improve much at all, and yet somehow gets knighted at the end anyway.

I loved this movie as a kid but when I rewatched it not that long ago the only character I could care about was Garrett, who is still badass. Also Bladebeak, who has the perk of being voiced by Jaleel White and has a better character arc than Kayley, even though it could easily fly over your head if you aren't paying attention to the background.

Oh, and the Superman reference was awful, and so were the more blatant references in "If I didn't have you." But the Superman one was still worse because it was supposed to be a huge achievement for Devon and Cornwall and it was stupid as hell instead.

But the animation itself was still very good and some of the songs are nice, even if they are cheesy.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.