[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ahhh.png (959 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.png
959 KB, 1366x768
Does /co/ like this show too or is it just for preteen tumblrinas such as myself, deep inside.
>>
File: New Kwami.png (279 KB, 601x602) Image search: [Google]
New Kwami.png
279 KB, 601x602
>>84352855
we like the show

there just is only so much to discuss, I mean the show finished airing like months ago

hopefully Season 2 will be coming soonish and we will probably get some more news about it at SDCC

To be fair it is just a monster of the week show with a kinda mix of superhero and magical girl tropes, but that doesn't stop us from liking it
>>
It's a weird show for me. They made an old cartoon for merchandising, with all the pros and cons that come with that. It cheaps out and reuses animation constantly to fill time and can be corny to a flaw, but it genuinely made its own super hero and harkens back to the fun old days of hero vs villain light hearted fights.

I would like it a lot more if it ended the season on a bigger bang. Jackie Chan Adventures is an example of this kinda show done better, where despite being mostly self contained episodes, they had a season long plot that they drove to the end and then would create something new next season. This show never really drove anywhere despite clearly setting stuff up. Hawkmoth is going to just keep turning people evil endlessly for a completely undetermined amount of time with no promise of any kinda big confrontation in any forseeable future.
>>
>>84353008
were you not paying attention to some of the later episodes?

Hawkmoth knows who Chat Noir is now, there is no way that isn't gonna come up and he isn't gonna try to attack Adrien more directly
>>
>>84353119
Well more that he's suspicious of Adrian now. I don't think they're gonna full on say he knows, despite that he really should. They'll take this plot somewhere eventually, it's just the issue that season 1 was a snails pace and it's all indefinite looming threats rather than anything happening now. They could go all of season 2 at this rate and still not have any big confrontations.
>>
>>84353202
I mean I think they plan on changing things up, season 1 is about establishing the status quo and proving to the networks that the characters and the concept will be popular

now that it has proven successful they can be more risky and less formulaic with the show
>>
>>84353008
I had the feeling episode 23 (Jackady) should actually have been the last since Hawkmoth already knows who Chat Noir is

Leading us to believe there will be either a few episodes for Hawmoth at the beggining of the next season, and then a new villain.

I should expect this of a more adult series though, in reality I believe Hawkmoth will last the entire next season and then there will be a plot twist for the third one
>>
>>84353008
>merchandising
Except from that they are slow to get the merchandise out and meanwhile Chinese copy houses are milking the market dry.
>>
>>84353253
to be fair, my biggest problem with this show is that episode order is really hard to figure out since it seem like literally every country aired them in a different order

it didn't matter too much since there wasn't much plot this season but they really need to fix this issue for next season
>>
>>84353281
Merchandising is a confusing thing. They clearly made it to make toys and even talk about that in interviews, but no one wants to risk it until the show lives past season 1 because toys aren't as popular as they used to be. Like I said, they went with an old format, and probably a really out of date one.
>>
>>84353341
well its might be old but it still worked, the show is largely considered a success and was green lit for 2 more seasons

also to be fair, I think the producers wanted the show to sell toys but the creators heart is really still in it and I think that can make a world of fucking difference, I mean there is a reason that MLP in the 80s and MLP FIM have such a stark difference in quality and that is primarily the hard work and love that Lauren Faust first put into the show when she made it
>>
>>84353341
I thought toys were the actually profitable market since Nintendo is shoving amiibos down everybody's throat and there's these Funko vynyl toys that everybody is buying, also, Japanese figurine market

The official toys of this series are shit though, why did they even pick Bandai to make them? we need more Funko garbage
>>
>>84353341
They could at least have made Ladybug yo-yos, that would hardly stretch any budgets. The volume of the Chinese merchandise should have been an indicator.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.