[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy is supposed to be "the good character" and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Huey Freeman.png (526 KB, 938x1070) Image search: [Google]
Huey Freeman.png
526 KB, 938x1070
This guy is supposed to be "the good character" and the "voice of reason" on his show?
because it's just another wannabe Malcolm X conspiracist marxist obsessed by his own race, acting like internet WE WUZ and clearly racist against white people, but i don't know, he's depicted like the "good side".
>>
>>84348430
Lot of folks from all walks of life go through an angry activist phase in their teen years or young adulthood. Lot of the causes and methods they latch onto are pretty stupid. Doesn't mean they weren't genuinely trying to do good. Just unfortunately difficult for some people to relate to if they waited till their mid-30's to have their version of it, and it consisted of playing buzzword bingo on an anonymous website on the internet.
>>
File: 1456792874187.gif (50 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1456792874187.gif
50 KB, 150x150
>>84348430
He isnt "the voice of reason", he is the straith man, which is a different thing. He is suppused to act serious and to think before doing something, in reaction or in contrast with the other characters, to create humor and advance the plot.

A character being show to have more common sense, DOESNT mean that everything that he says is right. The show expect you to know the difference, but looks like some people are too stupid to get it.
>>
>>84348430
What did he do specifically to make you mad? He didn't ever really do much against white people, and he was right most of the time.
>>
>>84348430
You're not basing this off his season 4 appearance are you?
>>
>>84348430

Have you ever actually watched the show?

He's shown to be wrong or naive all the time. He's only the voice of reason in certain episodes and only because his family are way stupider than he is.
>>
>>84349062

Only the first episode, where he believed all white people worshiped Ronald Reagan and were sheeple because reasons. After that he chilled out.
>>
>>84348430
>clearly racist against white people

How small is your dick OP?
>>
>>84349355
White people do worship Ronald Reagan. The dumb ones that is.
>>
>>84349355
White people worshipping Ronald Reagan is a joke that's been done plenty of times in "white" media
>>
File: 1433984103731.jpg (50 KB, 623x512) Image search: [Google]
1433984103731.jpg
50 KB, 623x512
>>84350737
apparently very small
>>
>>84348430
>he's depicted like the "good side"
Try actually watching the show next time. Huey gets BTFO basically every single time he tries to start something.
>>
Each of them represents an aspect of black culture. None of them are right, though Riley is the most wrong.
>>
>>84349331
He often gets shat on the most of the other characters, especially in season one.

His greatest failure was believing Reverend Rollo Goodlove. He was also very wrong about the Katrinians, and failed at stopping the 'Itis' from spreading in popularity.
>>
The show really need Caesar. Huey doesn't work as well without him.
>>
>>84348430
>I watched half an episode
>>
>>84348430
He's not the good character though
He's a domestic terrorist and constantly seeks to cause upset
Even in the first episode he gives that speech in an effort to cause rioting and then gets frustrated when it doesn't happen
>>
File: Bugs Bunny is a bitch nigga.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Bugs Bunny is a bitch nigga.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>84351033
and you're apparently a nigger.
>>
>>84348430
He's not really depicted as the "good side" at all.
He believes what he believes, but literally every character shits on him and thinks he's either unnecessary or just dumb.
That's what makes his character justifiable, he's trying so hard to do what he does but no one cares.
>>
>>84351830
Not him but you just be microscopic in both length and girth.
>>
File: KFC.jpg (71 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
KFC.jpg
71 KB, 876x493
>>84354276
There are things more important in the world than a dick size, and you perfectly know that my dear jiggaboo.
>>
>>84353877
Also Huey wasn't really ever presented as infallible or above his own flaws. He hates his extended (obnoxious) family from Louisana, messes up re-connecting with his friends back in Chicago, and is generally kind of a bitch to Jasmine.

There's that and his "secret agent" who always seems to have a one-up on him.
>>
>>84354393
Did you get beat up by Tyrone in school or something?
>>
>>84348430
Kinda funny how poeple often don't understand how Boondocks makes fun of both sides (race, class, etc). Huey is supposed to come off as a know it all psuedo intellectual
>>
>>84348430

He was supposed to be the radical revolutionary. That just happens to be a little more reasonable than Grandad or Riley.

Tom was the true good character and voice of reason, and he existed only to get cucked.
>>
>>84348430
By the later part of the series Huey is a quiet island of madness in a rolling sea of stupidity that is humanity in itself.
>>
File: Mike.gif (15 KB, 197x235) Image search: [Google]
Mike.gif
15 KB, 197x235
When is Caesar showing up?
>>
>>84348430

He's, like, 12.
>>
>>84348430
he is the straight man" that no one listens to, until they fuck up and get the message. he has fuck ups as well, but he is the level headed intellectual in the series.
it is sad to see that people take things at face value, this is why we have shit cartoons today.
people have to shove agenda in your face and down your throat for you to get the the message.
there is no such thing as a "good character" as it is subjective from a point of view on top of an unreliable narrator.
/co/ has really gone to shit since the past decade
>>
File: TOPKEK.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
TOPKEK.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>84354659
Tyrone doesn't go to school my dear junglebunny coon, also you are actually implying you are still a teenager, i understand better the nigger retardation, you behave probably like this fictional character, the MUH DICK card is pretty obvious.

I guess you are the kind of retards who post racists comments on youtube about honkies with a Huey avatar.
>>
>>84354676
Huey is one of those characters who is sometimes the author's mouthpiece but not always.

I feel like if he were created today people would expect him to be less nuanced, or at least it'd be attacked every time it implies there are more than one side to issues.
>>
>>84354936
The Show ended already. Unless they make a Season 5, which I doubt given the reception the last season got.
>>
>>84350913
You haven't met any republicans then
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.