[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Childhood is idolizing Bart. Adulthood is realizing that Homer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: mr-good-employee.png (642 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
mr-good-employee.png
642 KB, 768x576
Childhood is idolizing Bart. Adulthood is realizing that Homer makes more sense.
>>
Why doesn't Smithers just rape mr burns?
>>
>>84339388
Nah, everyone was idolizing Homer even as kids
>>
>>84339945
Because Mr. Burns is essentially Smither's surrogate father.

Which makes his attraction way more messed up.
>>
Childhood is liking Homer episodes

adulthood is coming to terms that Lisa episodes are the best, most well thought-out episodes
>>
>>84340039
The writers admit they do more effort on Lisa episodes because they identify with her, not because she is a liberal bitch, but because of their narcissism. They admitted it themselves in one of the commentaries. But being an egotistical asshole is no different than being a liberal so whatever
>>
File: 2534723131.jpg (76 KB, 575x397) Image search: [Google]
2534723131.jpg
76 KB, 575x397
>>84340039
>>
>>84339388
I'm proud of us /co/ we have taken Facebook retardation and made it into something funny
>>
>>84340148
What's that saying? All zebras are horses...?
>>
>>84339388
Childhood is laughing at Homer for being a fat, lazy dummy. Adulthood is realizing that you are Homer
>>
>>84339388
no Childhood is thinking you'll grow up to be Bart. Adultdood is resigning to the Bullshit like Homer
>>
>>84339945
Because Smithers is a sub.
>>
>>84340039
I agree. I think the shitty Lisa episodes are just another consequence of the writing declining into the garbage.

Serious episodes with a message are way shittier when done poorly than comedic episodes done poorly.
>>
File: Marge_potato_its_pretty_big.png (673 KB, 1149x810) Image search: [Google]
Marge_potato_its_pretty_big.png
673 KB, 1149x810
>>84339388

Childhood is laughing at Homer being an idiot.

Adulthood is laughing at Marge being your lame mother.
>>
File: 1466694724700.jpg (43 KB, 530x464) Image search: [Google]
1466694724700.jpg
43 KB, 530x464
>>84339388
Childhood is thinking Lisa is the smart one and Bart is the cool one.

Adulthood is realizing that Bart is actually both and is just put down by the world around him.
>>
>>84340248
you have a well-paying job, a loving wife, three well-meaning kids, and lots of friends?
>>
>>84340403

Lisa's smart. Bart is clever, which I'd argue is probably a lot more useful.
>>
File: 1466533590202.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466533590202.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>84340433
Huh, that's a great way to put it.

I didn't mean to put down Lisa's intelligence (it's shown many times throughout the series how smart she is), it just never occurred to me how insightful and witty Bart is until I was in high school.
>>
>>84340433
this
>>
>>84340503

Bart's the kind of intelligent that doesn't function well in academic institutions which admonish and discourage individualism, thinking outside of the box and taking things at your own pace. He's the sort of guy who'll end up thinking he's a stupid piece of shit because teachers drilled it into his head but who could be very successful in careers which require flexibility and social expertise if he applied himself.

On the other hand, Lisa's the kind of intelligent that everyone praises and holds up as being the standard definition of intelligence. She'll go through academic institutions getting praised for getting the right answers and taking initiative but she'll never need to step outside of that comfort zone and, unless she's developed Bart's kind of intelligence, she'll quickly crumble when things stop going according to "the plan" and no one in the real world gives a shit about how many As she got.

They're both viable, but Lisa does better in institutions whereas Bart does better as an individual.
>>
>>84339388
Adulthood is realizing it's a fucking cartoon.
>>
File: 1452627998969.gif (171 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1452627998969.gif
171 KB, 375x375
>>84340412
>>84340248
>>84339388

Childhood is laughing at Homer.

Adulthood is realizing Homer is ahead of you in every field but health. He's ahead of a startling majority of nu-males.

As far as intelligence go at least I can beat jerkass Homer. Early Homer was surprisingly wise at times.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (25 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
25 KB, 500x376
>>84340800
Homer exhibiting actual intelligence at times was just the result of the early (good) writers trying to develop the characters instead of leaving them as static caricatures like they are now.
>>
>>84340800
Early Homer was a man who, if not pleased at where his life had gone, had his priorities straight.

He doesn't like his job that much but that's not exactly uncommon. He's come to terms with it. His coworkers are good drinking buddies, his wife is in a decent relationship with him and his children, if not perfect are functional.

He's got stable employment, health benefits, and a retirmement package. Take it one day at a time.

Looks like laziness and complacency but in truth he has a life path planned out and barring a sudden disaster he'll see lisa through college, bart through a technical school where he can pick up a blue collar job that suits him, and save up money so he can reture in relative comfort.

the less said about zombie simpsons the better.
>>
Childhood is enjoying to watch the simpsons
Adulthood is realizing only the first 5 seasons are watchable
>>
>>84341035

I swear to god, every time someone mentions which seasons of The Simpsons were good, the number gets smaller and smaller.
>>
>>84341058

Once it left The Tracey Ullman Show it turned to shit.
>>
>>84340873

I love the writing for scenes like Bart trying to forge his report card and get it by Homer so he can go to Kamp Krusty. Homer sees right through it "A+? A D turns into a B so easily. You got greedy." and without missing a beat asks him to stick his hand into the lawnmower a moment before it shreds the skates he ran over. And of course that's after the wise decision to just let Bart go anyway because who wants the god damn kids around all Summer.

The misc stuff like Homer suddenly quoting philosophy or knowing all the Chief Justices of the Supreme Court is great.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.