[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goddamn this is a serious comic. 70 issues, and very dense ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: shade.jpg (2 MB, 1986x3071) Image search: [Google]
shade.jpg
2 MB, 1986x3071
Goddamn this is a serious comic.

70 issues, and very dense ones at that. Is Shade worth the amount of time and effort it takes to delve into it?
>>
>>84338621
Yes.
>>
File: file.jpg (532 KB, 2049x2041) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
532 KB, 2049x2041
A lot of veritgo titles and a good majority of comics in general are like that: lengthy, but well worth the time and personal investment

I don't think I would be willing to invest the time and effort into reading all 300 plus issues of Captain America Volume 1 if I wasn't so incredibly enamored with the character (I'm also a fairly fast reader, so that becomes pretty damn handy in some cases)
>>
>>84338621
short answer: yes

long answer: yesyeahyupofcoursedefinitelywithoutadoubtseriouslyfuckingreadit
>>
>>84338621
when will this be released in a two part omnibus?
>>
Why is Milligan so fucking based?

Dark Knight, Dark City is probably top 3 Bat stories ever and it's literally three issues long
>>
>>84338821
>A lot of veritgo titles and a good majority of comics in general are like that: lengthy, but well worth the time and personal investme

Except not really at all. A 70 issue run is insane
>>
File: 1465740472994.png (552 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465740472994.png
552 KB, 600x600
No

Too much mopey bullshit without any impactful character moments because the characters are all unlikable after the first 20 issues and their flaws become unbearable.
Overrated just because it's 90s Vertigo
>>
>>84344658
this guy is so wrong it hurts

>namefag

ah that explains it
>>
>>84338621
I read it a few months ago. Just before MKDude's storytime. That might still be in desustorage actually, go check.

It's... alright? I did it because it was the only founding Vertigo title I hadn't read yet, and although it was good enough to keep me reading through to the end and build a Best Of folder it wasn't as good as Sandman or Swamp Thing or Doom Patrol. Sure there's some inspired stuff and gorgeous aesthetics but, I dunno compared to his contemporaries there's just something about Milligan's writing style that feels... empty.

Basically I can see where >>84344658 is coming from even if I don't fully agree. At any rate I advise you prioritize reading the other Vertigo classics, if you haven't already.
>>
>>84344658
>tripfag says something stupid
what else is new.
>>
>>84346629
That'a a tripfag, not a namefag, newfag.
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (20 KB, 216x168) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
20 KB, 216x168
>>84347093
>>
>>84347104
fag
>>
Is there a recommend jumping off point? I read somewhere that it was supposed to end at 50 and the rest meanders
>>
>>84347051
do you have any wallpaper sized scans in that folder
>>
>>84347743
Everything after 50 is optional. You'll find out why. AVOID SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES BECAUSE IT SERIOUSLY WILL RUIN THE SURPRISES LATER IN THE SERIES.
>>
>>84347051
Desu is dead
>>
Great start, good middle, horrible ending. I really don't understand what Milligan was thinking with that.
>>
>>84338621
only until issue 50, when something very important happens, afterwards it looses steam and peters out.

also if you are too sensible to what people call SJW or "progressivenes" might want to skip it, is not badly written, is not sinfest or anything but it is there
>>
>>84348661
milligan's original intent was to end at #50 but was convinced to stay on for a bit
>>
>>84347972
desuarchive.org
>>
File: hlbz 268-3.jpg (657 KB, 1800x1376) Image search: [Google]
hlbz 268-3.jpg
657 KB, 1800x1376
>>84347757
This any good?
The only other spreads I have are full of text & panels.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.