[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh boy, here we go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
Oh boy, here we go.
>>
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/lego-movie-sequel-screenplay-rewrite-raphael-bob-waksberg-1201810241/
>>
File: concerns.png (79 KB, 457x472) Image search: [Google]
concerns.png
79 KB, 457x472
>>84337778

>BoJack Horseman: Lego Edition
>>
>>84337778
>Starring Batman and Unikitty
>>
So it's not gonna be written by the other hacks they announced before? thank goodness.
>>
>>84337839
Oh fuck a bojack lego set would be great
>>
>>84337930
If this isn't bait you should jump off a building
>>
>>84338031
Not baiting. Back when the sequel was announced they hired some no-name writers who had nothing but shitty movies under their belt. And now it seems like they moved past that, and that's great.
>>
>>84338031
>bait
He's right. Everybody was disappointed that Lord and Miller weren't writing it. With Bob-Waksberg, it might be loldepression, but at least it won't be shit.

>>84338205
Who were these guys anyway?
>>
>>84338205
>>84338270
A rewrite doesn't usually mean a complete rewrite, most of the original plot will still be there.
>>
>>84337946
I'd build Bojack's house.
>>
>>84337778
Normally, I become doubtful when a project goes through this many hands, but all of the hands that it's gone through so far have been good. We've had Chris McKay, who directed a bunch of Moral Orel episodes, Rob Schrab who created Scud: The Disposable Assassin and has done a bunch of shit with Harmon and Roiland, and now this guy.
>>
Oh right, I forgot the sequel wasn't going to have the original guys writing it. Yeah, this is probably a good move
>>
>>84338823
>Moral Orel
>Scud: The Disposable Assassin
>Bojack Horseman
What the fuck are we getting ourselves into!?
>>
Since threads specifically about the writers of the Lego Movie are pretty rare around here, can I ask if anyone else didn't quite like Lord and Miller's writing for the film?

I guess it's a rather rhetorical question, since /co/ generally loves all of their work. But although I enjoy their humor, somewhat, myself, I didn't like it in this movie. There is something very adult about it--not in the sense of it being dirty or obscene, but in itswry, sarcastic tone. And although that can be funny sometimes, it felt out of place in a children's movie based on Lego, at least in my mind.
>>
>>84339207
I like their writing. It's pretty nonsensical humor, but there's a definite realness in it.

If you want a good example, watch The Last Man on Earth. Absolutely hilarious, but it forces the viewer to juxtapose the absolute harshness of the show's reality with the comedic tone of the show.
>>
>>84339207
I honestly have been confused as to whether it really is a children's movie since I saw it. It always struck me as just a normal comedy movie, that happens to be animated and happens to lack content that children wouldn't be allowed to see. And when I saw it in theaters, I think everyone in the audience was an adult or at least a teenager.
>>
>>84340702
It's a family movie. Something everyone can connect with.
>>
>>84337778

That's too much man
>>
Is this a bad thing? I thought that Bojack was a critically acclaimed show.
>>
>>84338205
Now they got a guy with a shitty netflix show :^)
>>
>>84339076
Maybe Lego Movie is like a cheerful vacation from their usual work?
>>
>“The Lego Movie Sequel” is the fourth film in the Warner Bros. franchise, which has two other spinoffs on the horizon: “The Lego Batman Movie” is set for Feb. 10, 2017, and “The Lego Ninjago Movie” is scheduled for Sept. 22, 2017.

This doesn't make me hopeful.
>>
>>84342269
I dunno, I liked what I've seen of the Batman movie in the trailers, although I was disappointed that they used water instead of bricks again.

The Ninjago cartoon has been pretty solid from what I've seen, so I have no reason to think the movie won't be at least okay.
>>
>>84342269
The Lego Ninjago movie may be something being done by the same team as the TV show.
>>
>>84338823
>>84339076
What the fuck.
This is probably going to be dark and brooding.
>>
File: 1467338438258.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467338438258.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>84339445
>The last man on earth
>Good
>>
>The LEGO Movie
>Everything is Awesome!

>The LEGO Movie 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Everything Is Existential
>>
Are they pulling off Zootopia? :^)
>>
>>84338031
Hey Mr. Peanutbutter put that rope away!
>>
>>84337778
Didn't the previous writers say they wanted to make the sequel more inclusive and social justice-y?
Or am I thinking of another sequel that doesn't get the original crew?
>>
>>84337869
I'd watch that spinoff.
>>
>>84337778
>batman meme move

oh god i can see the baneposting now
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.