[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why cartoons in nowadays don't teach kids anything? Back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Porkchop sandwiches.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Porkchop sandwiches.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Why cartoons in nowadays don't teach kids anything? Back in the old days cartoons were very informative and tech kids how to do shit and save life
>>
>>84329597
Because educational material can't come from GED dropouts.
>>
>>84329597
Now cartoons teach kids about "Feelings".
>>
>>84329597
Because those lessons were hamfisted as fuck and nobody took them seriously. The only reason they existed was because of a requirement for shows to be partially educational.

Missing them is the most nostalgiatard thing you can do. Parodies of them are more memorable.
>>
SU teached me even a fat faggot can get to live with a bunch of thirsty lesbians
and I love it
>>
Waaaah modern cartoons don't spell out the message at the end of the show. Now I have to think about what I watch to learn something instead of just being told.
>>
Yeah, the hamfisted messages which made a fucking 6 year old roll his eyes are really missed.
>>
>>84329700
Cartoons kept me off drugs and drinking.
>>
>>84329740
Why you gotta be so passive agressive bro? /co/ is love, not rudeness.
>>
Something about the Carter presidency years and having things be educational.

Then the Reagan years where everything was about selling toys.
>>
>>84329597
Who wants a body massage?
>>
>>84329656
Or autism, wasn't there an early season adventure time where Finn and Jake meet a big green monster with Aspberger's and they try to make him behave?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4OPr_QxoFg

What did kids learn from this?
>>
>>84329597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE those were the days
>>
>>84330667
I'm pretty sure Donnie was just an asshole
>>
because cartoons are made for broke-brained emotional failures, by broke-brained emotional failures.

thus, saying 'kids, drugs are bad for you, don't do them' doesn't quite work when you have worldbuilding work into your overarching Let's Go Find OP Some Dicks To Suck season arc. i mean, let's be honest. talking animals in a magical-realism world are one thing, but saying 'tell a parent if someone does something to you that you find uncomfortable' just isn't realistic
>>
File: TGxone2DPFT_no_ratings.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1266) Image search: [Google]
TGxone2DPFT_no_ratings.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1266
>>84329597
>we live in an era where American AAA games will be a better history teacher than American animations.
The chances we will ever get a hysteria or time squad ever again are too slim now.
>>
File: ugly-americans-image-07.jpg (384 KB, 3000x2124) Image search: [Google]
ugly-americans-image-07.jpg
384 KB, 3000x2124
>>84329597
I really liked how ugly americans did the voice over wrap up at the end
>>
>>84331625
>WW1 game that doesn't even have the French and heavily involves the US
>teaches history
?
>>
>>84331625
>battlefield 1
>historically accurate
I don't think so anon
>>
File: You're not cooking.jpg (1 MB, 1282x2010) Image search: [Google]
You're not cooking.jpg
1 MB, 1282x2010
>>84330690
They learned to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.