[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth watching if I haven't read the comic? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: utrd.png (3 MB, 2555x3600) Image search: [Google]
utrd.png
3 MB, 2555x3600
Is this worth watching if I haven't read the comic? I can't find a good torrent for the comic
>>
>>84328369
Yeah. Its practically the only interesting thing with Jason. Should have been a one time thing and died again
>>
>>84328398

thank you, I will watch immediately and proceed to ignore most Jason related things
>>
>>84328443
That's for the best.
>>
>>84328369
you should shell out some cheddar for the comic. It's worth it
>>
>>84328369
That is 10x better than the comic.
>>
>>84328495
>>84328508

oh shit okay well then I'll definitely look hard and/or buy the comic then. I like to watch adaptations afterwards to see differences and stuff anyways.

What makes the comic so much better?
>>
>>84328539
It's subjective. I like the comic more, but I usually like comics more. The movie's good too.
>>
>>84328539
Movie is condensed.
>>
>>84328369
it is fucking great

watch it here:
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Batman-Under-the-Red-Hood/Movie?id=9308
>>
>>84328443
Dude no. RHatO is fine. As long as you skip 19-31, its a fun read.

RH/A is also superior to that.
>>
>>84328723
thanks anon
>>
>>84328369
Its one of the few DC DTVs that are actually good.

Of course you should watch it.
>>
Was Black Mask ever this funny in comics? That's some top-tier banter
>>
>>84328729
What happen in 19-31?
>>
>>84332227
9/11

>>84328369
Better then comic book
>>
>>84328729
>>84332227
Ignore that anon. RHaTO and RH/A are both terrible.
>>
>>84328508
I feel that's a little hyperbolic. Really the only objective improvement over the comic is nixing the Superboy Prime aspect, and that is only covered in the very last issue. I liked how the comic explored more side-stories.
>>
>>84328729
Kill yourself, Lobdell.
>>
>>84332227
They change writers from Lobdell to Tynion. Tynion somehow manages to be worse than Lobdell. Although it's unpopular to say, Lobdell isn't awful here he's just boring and can't choose a theme/ tone so it comes out as painfully average. Not to mention all the batfam cross over stuff, really slows the plot down. Red Hood lost days is also a good read.
>>
>>84328369
It's literally better than the source material.
>>
>>84328729
Much like a slightly pudgy girl in the trailer park, it's trashy and kind of fun, but leaves you a few IQ points shorter and with an odd smell clinging to you.

Which is very suitable for trucker hat Arsenal.
>>
>>84332834
Don't forget how Batman kills Jason rather than have him kill the Joker. At least in the movie Batman actually finds a logical 3rd option.
>>
>>84332811
YMMV. Please give the series a try. Many like it and others don't.

Please just try.
>>
I liked I movie and have never read the comic so yeah.
>>
I watched it without reading the comic and I loved it
>>
>>84328443
>>84328729
>>84332811
They're both average books that will never be referenced again once Lobdell finally retires, hell Kori and Roy have already escaped.
>>
The movie is actually better than the comic. It condenses the story very well and takes the unnecessary parts out. Even the little changes they did to the story were improvements from the book.
>>
>>84328729
Red hood and the outlaws 1 was the worst single issue of the new 52
Fuck what they did to Starfire there was no reason not to make a new character for that personality
>>
>>84339400
It's rare you can say that about the movie.

I'm conflicted on throne of Atlantis some changes I like and some I dont
>>
>>84339463
I find it funny how her characterization was so unpopular they completely backpedaled on it in 6 issues
>>
>>84336068
Lobdell is awkward, edgy, stupid fun
I love/hate his writing but won't stop reading it
>>
>>84339569
Honestly I dident mind the characterisation it was an interesting angle/take/style of on slutery it just dident suit starfire
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.