[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everything this man writes pure gold?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 220x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 220x280
Why is everything this man writes pure gold?
>>
UXF felt shallow.
>>
File: Devolution01CovALee.jpg (141 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Devolution01CovALee.jpg
141 KB, 600x900
>>84324690
Haven't read any of his marvel runs, but so far everything I've read from him is good

Well, except for this thing.
>>
File: 25.jpg (2 MB, 1800x2768) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
2 MB, 1800x2768
After reading the latest Black Science bitch had it coming he's now in my top 5 writers
>They say god forgives all
>Good thing he's not real
>Because endless divine amnesty seems like bullshit
>Some things you do there's no coming back from

I should be rolling my eyes with him putting his atheist boner in all his comics but holy shit that was delivered so perfect in the scene
>>
>>84325189
his best runs are non cape image titles
>>
>>84325170

>implying
>>
I quite like LOW, Tokyo ghost feels pretty cookie cutter though
>>
tokyo ghost is shit
>>
Uncanny Avengers was awful.
>>
>>84325250
>playful nihilism
>'cool' scifi/genre violence
>"hello fellow kids."
see, that's my problem with Remender. For all the 'edgy xd' bullshit that Millar and Ennis get branded with, Remender's work seems to always embody the Gen-X ideal of badass; the same kind that usually translates to the modern /co/ audience as 'edgelord.'

I've given Black Science, Low, Tokyo Ghost and Fear Agent a chance. I could probably get in to Fear Agent, but everything else just kind of irritated me.
>>
>>84324690
>Memender
>Good
Top kekel
>>
>>84326648
Jason Aaron is bad about this too

You should try Deadly Class
>>
>>84324690
Is that Remender? Because his Punisher run was shit. So was the videogame Bulletstorm which he wrote
>>
>>84324690
Because he coats it in hobo piss
>>
>>84326821
At least Aaron has books like Scalped and The Other Side where you can't find any trace of memeing.
>>
File: THE BIG DOG.jpg (31 KB, 342x326) Image search: [Google]
THE BIG DOG.jpg
31 KB, 342x326
>>84324690
Shame the fag can't write himself some happiness. Depressed loser.
>>
>>84327438
>Remender's Punisher
>shit

I didn't like some of his characterization for Frank but as a whole it was a fun pulpy run. What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>84329782
I've seen Ennis fans, or rather MAX fans since Marvel Knights is goofy as shit, who hate seeing the Punisher as part of the larger Marvel universe. They want " real" stories
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 359x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 359x409
>>84326734
When you were readin the comic, were you even facing the page
>>
File: allaroundme1.jpg (108 KB, 599x737) Image search: [Google]
allaroundme1.jpg
108 KB, 599x737
>>84324690
>yfw /co/ starts to hate Remender.
>yfw it is the same month were /co/ starts to hate King

Who's next? Jack Kirby?
>>
>>84329782
>>84329840
After Dixon's and Ennis' runs this run is not bad but not that good neither I think.
>>
Uncanny Avengers was bad and his one shot Thunderbolts story was one of the worst issues the title ever had.

I don't read X and indieshit to judge the rest of his work.
>>
Except for X-force and Venom, everything he's written for Marvel.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.