[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bojack Horseman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mrpeanutbutter.jpg (39 KB, 175x250) Image search: [Google]
mrpeanutbutter.jpg
39 KB, 175x250
Is Mr. Peanutbutter depressed?
>>
>>84321178
I'm depressed Bojack and Mr. Peanutbutter won't get together in season 3
>>
>>84321178
i hope not, i would do anything to make him happy

>>84321212
fuck off faggot
>>
File: bojackxpeanutbutter.jpg (73 KB, 400x536) Image search: [Google]
bojackxpeanutbutter.jpg
73 KB, 400x536
>>84321239
They already kissed, it's only natural they are going to start fucking each other.
>>
>>84321178
Either he's just a carefree android a bit dumb guy, or he is very depressed and does his best to hide it
>>
>>84321178
>Mr. Peanutbutter
>depressed

He's the only one that isn't depressed.
>>
>>84321178
He seems like a positive nihilist.
>>
File: wdi3HdY.jpg (107 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
wdi3HdY.jpg
107 KB, 640x609
>>84321178
No

That's the catch. People like Bojack or us want to belive that no one cand be this happy. But he is, he finded the key to his happines, and he never even tried to find it.

He don't need a meaning or something to fill his space, he is happy the way he is.
>>
>>84321612
This. He knows that most shit isn't worth getting too emotionally invested in to really give care too much. He comes off as callous, but really he doesn't let negativity get in the way of his mental health. His love is the most pure because it's the one thing that can upset him.

Where Bojack is desperate and needy, Mr. Peanutbutter is clingy and over affectionate.
>>
>>84321699
Then there's the funeral episode where Bojack thinks there's some conspiracy behind the death of his friend only to find out there was a misunderstanding of intention. Mr. Peanutbutter at the end said that it was all accidental and without meaning. People are born without meaning and die randomly.
>>
>>84321797
That wasn't Mr. Peanutbutter who said that (it was Henry Winkler), but it does seem to line up with his philosophy
>>
>>84321797
Seems to be that Bojack still thinks that the world works as a 90's tv show. Love is destiny, nothing happens without a reason, forgiveness comes easily, self accomplishment makes you happy.

While Mr. Peanutbutter, who is happy like a 90's tv show character, knows the true
>>
>>84321933
Well, self-accomplishment is definitely good for happiness. We want to be proud of ourselves
>>
>>84321933
For a cynical horse-man, Bojack sure likes to idealize shit from his past. He kinda reminds me of Holden Caulfield in that regard.
>>
>>84321178
I'd be depressed if I was on that show too desu
>>
>>84322618
Yeah, put don't work on full effect

Bojack wanted to be relevant again, he did, what now?

Bojack wanted to make the movie, he did, what now?

Most of accomplishments aren't affective, because most people don't know what they really want
>>
>>84321178
It's the opposite, he's too positive and nice to people who don't appreciate him. His lying wife and Bojack being the obvious examples
>>
>>84321178
He's damaged from his bad marriages, his rocky current one, and his feelings of inadequacy over having not accomplished anything of legitimate artistic or monetary value outside of his silly, little TV shows. It's also implied that his childhood wasn't all that great as Hank's tv show has such a monopoly on his nostalgia that he's willing to overlook the controversies surrounding the fella.

He could be happier, but he's not nearly as depressed as Bojack.
>>
Diane was so better in S2. I loved seeing her arc of trying to find fulfillment and worth as a humanitarian, only to (after a lengthy depression) come to the conclusion that she should just settle with a semi-mundane domestic life.

It was a painful yet admittedly satisfying arc
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.