[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was going through my books and I noticed that my kellypool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
So I was going through my books and I noticed that my kellypool omni has tons of dents in the back, which I didn't notice from any other angle. I've already had it for months, and now it's out of print. What do I do?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm really upset rn.
>>
Bump. Do you guys think that I could go to a lcs for repairs?
>>
>>84319833
Take it, but ask them how much it would be before letting them have a go.
>>
>>84319976
alright, this is my plan

do you think itll be expensive?
>>
>>84319996
Honestly, not sure, as my lcs doesn't do repairs. (they kinda suck)

Can you post a pic of the damage?
>>
>>84319759
What? Out of print?
Lies, how can it be out of print? Wont they print more?

I pre-ordered this shit on amazon when it was first announced. Feeling for you brah, that thing is literally the bible of deadpool, the best it has and that it will ever have. probably.
>>
>>84320048
here's the pics

http://imgur.com/a/l6HOk

sorry its with my phone, but you should be able to make out dot shaped dents in the back, which cover up a good chunk of the back
>>
>>84320094
yeah dude it kinda blows, honestly wish there was a way to buy dust jacket replacements
>>
>>84320227
SO it was just the dust jacket? Well it could had been worse, but then again I stopped saying it cause it once bit me in the ass.
Just like it did to Samuel L jackson in jurassic park.

Well, is it still on amazon? Maybe you could email marvel or something demanding for a second re-impression?

I mean if it sold out that means that it IS a product that they should reprint cause it sells.
>>
>>84320177
Wait, is it just the dust jacket or the actual book itself too? If it's just the dust jacket, it could be an easy fix.
>>
>>84320306
>again I stopped saying it cause it once bit me in the ass.
>Just like it did to Samuel L jackson in jurassic park.
>Well, is it still on amazon? Maybe you could email marvel or something demanding for a second re-impression?

I might ask when it'll be published, however unfortunately i doubt marvel will think much of some lowly commoner demanding a reprinting of the omnibus :(
>>
>>84320354
It's just the dust jacket. There's a fuckload of these dot shaped dents in the back which are really obvious and ugly.
>>
>>84320369
Well think of it this way, what do you have to loose?
If they check the sales on this they will notice it has sold better than most of their other pretentious pathetic omnibuses.
Why?
Cause Joe Kelly deadpool is best and true deadpool. And since it sold out it means they can sell out a second time.
Heck, they could add some new funky interview and I would buy it again.

One to keep around and the other to lend away to people.
>>
>>84320442
im doing it
>>
>>84320354
This. If it's just indents in the dust cover, lightly moisten a few in the same area, spread the cover on a hard, flat surface, place a few sheets of blank white paper over the cover (to absorb excess moisture) and a smooth hardcover book on top of the area, then lastly place more heavy books on top.

If you have those flat, disc-shaped weights for adjustable barbells around, I recommend tossing some of them on for good measure.

Let this sit for a few hours and then change out the paper, as it will have soaked up most of the excess moisture while the weight presses the area flat. If you don't change out the papers, it can cause the area to ripple like the wet paper. Check the cover after another few hours and repeat as needed. There may be some minor rippling when changing out the sheets, but it should sort itself out after replacing the paper and letting the weight sit for a day or so.

I used this trick to fix indents in the dust jackets for my Mark Waid Daredevil hardcovers after buying them used.
>>
File: woah hahaha.png (532 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
woah hahaha.png
532 KB, 1366x768
???

>>84320521
Thank you so much! I'm going to try this.
>>
>>84320521
>spread the cover on a hard, flat surface, place a few sheets of blank white paper over the cover
I should make sure to point out that this is done with the cover ling facedown.
>>
>>84320613
im kinda confused about what you meant by "cover ling" i looked up "cover lining" and didnt find anything

also a dust jacket for an omnibus is pretty freaking large when spread out, does that mean i should only stack the books on the part thats creased?
>>
>>84320463
I am glad you are giving it a shot, cause of it here have a good picture.
>>
>>84321047
this is a cool picture thank u
>>
>>84321124
say, what do you think about other works by kelly?
Or you are just a fan od DP?
>>
>>84320177
>http://imgur.com/a/l6HOk

oh no, it has a couple of small dents that are barely noticeable! Lets spend like 40 bucks or some shit in an entire new book!

Why do americans love to just throw money at their problems?
>>
>>84321209
I read I kill giants a while ago and I really enjoyed it! Especially for its artwork, although the story was a bit cliched.

>>84321237
I wish I could stop caring about the condition of my books. Seriously jealous of those who don't.
>>
I always thought that it would be pretty cool if Deadpool and songbird met since they had very similar teenage years. And also similar outcomes, I think she could get a hang on deadpool since she has been throught the same anti hero shoes.

I know it's not from Joe Kelly but the short story that Niscieza wrote for deadpool in C&D19 I think? was great.
I wish Marvel would let Fabian and Joe Kelly write that short story.
>>
>>84320744
>ling
Should say "lying". It needs to be laid facedown with the paper on top of the moistened area.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.