[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or are most animated shows weighed down by shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1347326080517.gif (890 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1347326080517.gif
890 KB, 360x203
Is it just me or are most animated shows weighed down by shitty characters?

It seems as though many shows with great characters have a hand full of shitty characters bogging the program down.

Is this done intentionally to make the great characters even greater?

Example
>Rick and Morty
Rick is amazing, Morty can be ok sometimes, the rest of the family can burn in hell.

>Simpsons prior to 2002
Homer is pretty cool, Bart can be alright sometimes, Marge and Lisa sucked.

>Steven Universe
Gems pretty interesting
Townsfolk, boring filler material

The only shows I can think of where everyone was on point was Avatar or 00's TMNT.

Is this a western thing or what? With anime the majority of the time the entire cast is great or everyone needs to be euthanized; I can't think of very shows with a middle ground aside from Deathnote.
>>
>>84316771
>Gems pretty interesting
>Townsfolk, boring filler material
I don't see a problem here.
>>
I think most stories in every medium are bound to have a few less than stellar characters. I think most stories are bound to have a few characters you personally are not gonna like.
>With anime the majority of the time the entire cast is great or everyone needs to be euthanized
Or it might be that you're entirely too used to shitty cliche's and archetypes to understand any level of actual characterization.
>>
>>84316931
not when it's three fucking episodes of a row about townsfolks bs.

Honestly they should be cut out entirely.
>>
>>84316952
nah b
It's just that the ones with good characters are 100 percent on point.
>>
File: 1463514827478.jpg (22 KB, 324x299) Image search: [Google]
1463514827478.jpg
22 KB, 324x299
>>84317018
>anime
>good characters
kek sure buddy
>>
>>84316962
What's actually wrong with those episodes?
>filler
>mistaking a character driven show for a plot driven show
>>
>>84316771
western cartoons try to cut as many corners as possible.

also marge and lisa at least had a personality, and interesting ish ones at that.

Its pretty much a western thing, just look at naruto or one piece; a lot more characters and a lot more interesting
>>
>>84316771

>Rick is amazing.

Reaching a bit. Rick's basically just >intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor, his edginess is tiring and cliche. Love the show, but Rick isn't as interesting as he's given credit.
>>
>>84317137
I only like him when he acts like a smart idiot. Like his personality in doc and Marty more than what we usually get
>>
>>84317128
not sure if that is sarcasm.

But one piece is full of interesting fellows.
>>
>>84317063
12 years old
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.