[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ultimate Spider-Man worth watching? From the looks of it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Ultimate-Spider-Man-Spider-bike.jpg (473 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate-Spider-Man-Spider-bike.jpg
473 KB, 1280x720
Is Ultimate Spider-Man worth watching? From the looks of it, it just exists to sell toys but people are saying it got better after a while.
Is it true?
>>
>>84314767
>it just exists to sell toys
Yes
> people are saying it got better after a while.
Absolutely not. You're better off watching either Spectacular Spider-Man or Spider-Man TAS. Those two are the only good ones in my opinion.
>>
>>84314965
/thread
>>
>>84314767

Has it gotten better?
Oh hell yes, anyone who tells you different hasn't even watched it. They don't do the Family Guy cutaways anymore, they keep bringing in more characters that are actually Spider-Man characters, and the plots are getting more serialized and mature rather than 'monster of the week' type stuff.

Now, does that make it any good? eh, I'm not so sure, but it's certainly better than it used to be.
>>
>>84314767
It's more of a solid shit than the runny shit it was before, from the few episodes I've seen of the new stuff. Definitely not lacking in actiin, though some voices and looks (Triton) still bug me. Spider-Man is the director of SHIELD now apparently?
>>
>>84315442
>They don't do the Family Guy cutaways anymore
Dropped.
>>
>>84314767
Do you hate yourself?
Do you cut yourself because pain is the only way you can feel anything?
If so, then you might as well watch it, but it took many seasons to get to 'sucks balls' instead of 'infectious shit-heap'
>>
I watched an episode for the fist time today on a lark and it was decent enough. A decently fun body swap episode with all the avengers made for a fun little story. animation is almost good, but cheapness keeps it meh.

Give it a shot, see what you think, drop it if it doesn't click right away
>>
>>84314767
it was good up until it introduced carnage

i dropped it shortly after
>>
>>84314767
>Is Ultimate Spider-Man worth watching?
Nope, it's shittier than the 81' Spider-Man cartoon

>but people are saying it got better after a while.
Is it true?
After hearing about what they did to Ben Reilly and Kaine in the recent season, I'd say that is total bullshit.
>>
>>84314767
I will admit that I loved their redesign of Dock Oc. Making him a paraplegic who replies on his tentacles to move was a neat concept.
>>
>>84314767
>people are saying it got better after a while
Doesn't matter. No amount of "good" episodes will ever wash away the stink of the previous 99.999999999999999%.
Once garbage, always garbage.
>>
>>84314965
Don't even start with that shit. Spectacular Spider-Man was mediocre and we all know that
>>
>>84314767
It's miss or hit. I'd say it's easily about 85% miss and 15% hit.
>>
>>84316619
>Ultimatefags still trying to push this meme
>>
File: 1446570505654.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1446570505654.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>84316619
>Spectacular Spider-Man was mediocre
>>
>>84316619
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>84316609
>paraplegic
Not a very good Octopus if some of his limbs aren't even working tbqh
>>
>>84315442
>Now, does that make it any good? eh, I'm not so sure, but it's certainly better than it used to be.

Something going from a pile of shit to a bucket of piss does not make it "better." Or vice versa.
>>
File: jojo.jpg (150 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
150 KB, 1000x563
>>84316619
>>
>>84316738
Like they said it got way better but it still isnt really good. It didnt simply stop doing one thing and went on to do something equally terrible as youre inplying but instead got rid of useless stuff that was simply holding it down. Losing a ton of the 4th wall breaking alone made it better.
>>
>>84314767
It's shit. JK Simmons lends his voice to JJ in it though.
>>
The first two seasons, the Spider-Verse event, and the Jessie crossover are complete garbage.

Third and fourth season try to have some story and cut down on the bullshit, but it's still a very boring cartoon and a step down from what came before.

>>84317078
>>
>>84317796
JK Simmons is barely in it anymore.
>>
>>84314767
Yes, most people will say no cause muh canceled show but it's definitely way waaaay better in the later seasons than the first only thing worth mentioning from the early episodes was Deadpool
>>
>>84317796
>the Spider-Verse event
Preach. That was awful even by the already low standards of the show.
>>
Apparently Daredevil is showing up in a future episode. Matthew Lillard (Shaggy) was supposed to voice him, but he showed up buzzed at work and got replaced.
>>
File: 1466296414026.jpg (62 KB, 393x281) Image search: [Google]
1466296414026.jpg
62 KB, 393x281
>>84316619
>>
>>84316619
Sit down Timmy the adults are talking. we didn't come here to listen to the half formed opinions of some fucking 11 year old.
>>
File: vesborn.png (222 KB, 660x412) Image search: [Google]
vesborn.png
222 KB, 660x412
I hate what they did with venom and harry
>>
Tom Kenny is a great Doc Ock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WL6Fh6toJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsx5cz0laRc
>>
>>84317972
Kek

Would've been weird to hear him as Matt, though.
>>
>>84315442
I just want them to have Nova and Squirrel Girl featured more

I feel like they'd be a cute couple

also they had a Mayday episode so I am obligated to love this show
>>
>>84317972
>Shaggy was buzzed
Pottery
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.