[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After all the hype, what does /co/ think about this book so far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: blackpanther.jpg (81 KB, 450x700) Image search: [Google]
blackpanther.jpg
81 KB, 450x700
After all the hype, what does /co/ think about this book so far? Likes/Dislikes/etc?
>>
>reading Marvel

kek
>>
>>84310387
>Not seeing the amount of Marvel storytimes on here
>>
>>84310329
It's alright I guess

You can tell he's new to writing comics but it's not downright bad yet
>>
>>84310329
Like it but could be a lot better. The price is good and interesting, and in my mind I like the plotlines, though they come off as jarring with all the scenebreaks. It just isn't connecting emotionally short of the prose. Hopefully it's a problem that gets ironed out soon.
>>
coates is trying too hard to be priest but with none of the humor and self-deprecation that made priest's run so much fun. its all politics, and nothing that makes panther great

but still I give him credit. his story idea of the monarchy being an outdated system and people rising up against him, rightfully so, is a very good idea and I'm glad its being explored. "How can the most advanced nation on earth still have the most backwards political system?" is something I love to see in Panther comics
>>
It's mediocre and it's quite apparent that it's Coates first fiction.
He's trying to fit in too much and not giving enough time to any subplots or characters, who seem one dimensional. So it comes off as lifeless for a political book. His narration and dialogue is very good, but storytelling is meh.
>>
He seems more interested in his OC's than T'challa.

Its the Kate Bishop syndrome
>>
>>84310329
It's another author who would rather be writing his own shit but is instead using a popular character as his mouthpiece.
>>
>>84310818
Oc?
>>
>>84312113
He made new characters. New characters are sacrilege to some fans.
>>
Steal freeze can NOT draw an action scene to save his life. So fucking bad at connecting action panels from one to another in a way that makes sense.
>>
It's a bit boring. The writing is very stilted.
>>
>>84310600
seriously
Kings are stupid and Marvel should get rid of all them. Democracy ftw.
>>
It's pretty middle of the road. You can tell Coates is still trying to get used to writing a fictional comic rather than a nonfiction actual book. The focus on political intrigue is always what sets BP apart from other comics, but Coates needs to find a good balance between political talk and superhero action or he's going to end up boring the average comic reader.

Also there's still no consistency about what Wakanda and its technology are even supposed to look and feel like, though that's not Coates' fault.
>>
>>84315736
I take is a super advanced society that is still extremely traditional. Sort of like China tries to be, but baked into the national identity.
>>
So far everything has boiled down to:
- You suck. T'Challa.
- They suck, too.
- And you suck too. Fuck you.

I mean, why should I feel attached to Black Panther?
It's expecting us to be intrigue by his burden and errors but right now he's just making him look bad.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.