[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's kind of a really nice day!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
It's kind of a really nice day!
>>
I just watched this recently with some friends, since we had all seen Rejected before and Jesus, I wasn't expecting it to be as dark or heavy as it was. Figured since people know Don Hertzfeld, it'd be, uhh, fun to discuss.

Here's the first of three parts, if you're curious:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1IUX0Qy-IDM
>>
>>84300259
the whole thing is on netflix you fuck
>>
>>84300120
Its easily one of my favorite animated movies of all time.
>>
File: iwe9.jpg (35 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
iwe9.jpg
35 KB, 665x1000
>>84300519
Sure is, but some people might not be subscribed or might be on their phones. Figured this was easier for people to check it out.
>>
can someone post all the funny shit in his family background
>>
>>84300547
Yeah, it shot up there for me too. I ended up watching most of it again later in the week because I wanted to take everything in.

I think the bit that hit me the hardest was with Bill as a kid, "thinking of all the amazing things he's going to do".[\spoiler]
>>
>>84300120
yay
>>
>>84300120
is there a reason besides introspective narrative styling being the hot new thing for disaffected 20 somethings that is is so highly recommended?
>>
THE PIPE IS LEAKING
>>
>>84300958
My brain kind of merged the two "is"s, instead of replacing "is' with "it", so I had no clue what you were asking for a moment.

And I think the film has it's tone going for it too; the black comedy and tragic aspects of the film are worked in together pretty well. In most films or cartoons that handle this kind of subject matter, I think the seriousness of these situations would be downplayed out of fear of losing the audience. Here though, the surreal style and consistent delivery of comedy do a good job of letting Hertzfeldt get away with spending so much time on dementia and memory loss, in a direct and meaningful way

Also, what are other examples of introspective narrative creeping up? I know kid's movies are becoming more personal and and introspective, but I don't think the trend is getting stale of affecting the quality of the movies.
>>
>literally the title of the movie
>still gets it wrong
Once again, OP was a faggot.
>>
https://youtu.be/zp_kCrt7lLo?t=13
>>
When I watched part one, Everything Will Be OK, I figured it was good, maybe not the best, but pretty good.

When I watched the whole movie, it absolutely broke me and shot up to one of my favorite movies of all time
>>
>>84300120
The other kids didn't even know he could run that fast
>>
>>84300958
I am sure he is older

In any case it fits in perfectly with his style, I think. Even Rejected had shades of it, just much more comedic and of course without voiced narration.
>>
>>84303163
It's a line from the movie he's quoting, not the title.
>>
File: emilyjpg-c73e9b_1280w.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
emilyjpg-c73e9b_1280w.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
Don H. thread?

>I had lunch today.
>>
>>84300120
Had a threesome last sunday, it is a REALLY nice week
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.