[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power Man and Iron Fist Storytime (Part 14)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 91
>>83891300
>>83919389
>>83971653
>>83999895
>>84021291
>>84063631
>>84111433
>>84134128
>>84159189
>>84181076
>>84223999
>>84266196

Welcome back, Anons! OH NO!
>>
Oh no, Iron Fist was unmasked!

Oh, who cares, it's not like everybody doesn't know who he is...
>>
Gotta love how the new Editor's name is bigger than literally everybody else's.
>>
>"But even with your bionic arm, you couldn't get back onto the force now!"

Why not? Seriously, I don't think they ever explain this.
>>
I'm almost certain they had checks in the 80's, wouldn't that be so much easier than carrying 20K in cash.
>>
See, if they didn't literally have an editor's note down there making it obvious, this could've been a fairly subtle foil for Luke.

But no, then Linda puts a box going "DO YOU GET IT, HE'S LIKE AN EVIL LUKE CAGE".
>>
Gotta admit, it's refreshing to see a crime boss who knows his place. He doesn't want to start shit with Fisk or the Maggia, he's fine with his guys.
>>
>>
>>84290762
Is Jennie suddenly Latina?
>>
>>84291075
No, completly unrelated woman.
>>
As any fan of Luke Cage knows, medical help when you've got invincible skin is a friggen nightmare.
>>
>>84290873
Maybe it's more of a PTSD thing where for whatever reason they don't trust her judgement anymore.
>>
>>84291212
I suppose that's possible, but I just wish they said it. The way it sounds, she was kicked off after she lost her arm, and then she got a bionic arm, but they still wouldn't let her back on.
>>
>>84290873
Are they racist against cyborgs in Marvel too?
>>
>>84291177
Ah, dang, no failed attempts at needles, which I'll give to JJ- That was a good bit.
>>
>>84291248
Doubt it, Tony Stark was made head of security for the entire world while he had Extremis.
>>
>>84291205
Whoops, I spoke too soon.
>>
>>84291271
>>84291291
Yeah, that's actually a major problem with Luke. He's tough that most things can't do serious damage, but when it DOES happen, it's really hard to do anything about.
>>
No lie, I can't look at this guy without seeing a wingless Archangel.
>>
>>84291372
Well, given how I've never heard of him before, that confusion seems like it'll be short lived as he's likely to go the way of many early Luke Cage villains.

OH, and on the last few threads: I am like 90% sure that Fera ends up joining Superia's Lady Supervillain Cruise in Gruenwald's Cap.
>>
In case it isn't obvious, this is the same woman from two threads ago, who had a bet to see if she or the Heroes for Hire would solve a case first, but since she technically hired them already, she won either way.
>>
>>84291423
I wouldn't be surprised if she did.
>>
>>
See, this is why, when you're a merc, you only do what the client ASKS you to. Try to go overboard, and then try to stop you.
>>
Remember Anons, throwing your sword ALWAYS works.
>>
Wow, Vienna's a bitch.
>>
Seriously, fucking bitch.
>>
>>
>>
Oh look, it really is another Noir issue, right down with starting from the woman's legs.
>>
Fur coat, tiny dress, face consealed by hat... yep, she's a Noir story femme fatale.
>>
>>
Okay, this Noir story took a weird turn.
>>
>>84291786
>>84291813
Goddamn, Vienna. Ain't trolls supposed to have thick hides and like green skin?
>>
>>84291861
Why In The World Are We Fighting Carmen Sandiego!?
>>
>>84292019
Fuck, that's pretty good.
>>
Which is more believable/likely, Anons?

>A fictional character from a movie meets our heroes and offers them a job
>A woman uses the name from a movie to offer the heroes a job

Given the kind of weirdness the Heroes for Hire get up to, it really COULD be either.
>>
>>84291919
The effect is kind of ruined by Danny being the one to pose sexy on the desk, though.
>>
Of COURSE her hotel room is "666".
>>
Oh, look who appeared for a cameo!
>>
>>84292123
I don't think the femme fatale in Maltese Falcon has a cheesy French accent, so it's probably B, but honestly A happening because of some Gem Theater Last Action Hero situation would not be unprecedented.
>>
>>84292182
Wonder Man disguised himself as a woman?
>>
>>84292142
I can only assume he was supposed to be sitting with his legs crosses, and the artist decided to draw the exact weirdest moment for when he pulls his legs apart.
>>
>"My Wife, The Scarlet Witch"

Somewhere, Byrne is fucking FURIOUS, and doesn't know why.
>>
Speaking of, that Avengers Byrne Omnibus is releasing today. If this thread is still open later today, can anyone comment on if the physical book is good? Like, is the binding worth it?
>>
>INCOMING MESSAGE FROM THE BIG GIANT HEAD
>>
>>
>>
Remember when we thought this was going to be a Noir story? Now they're fighting magic demons.
>>
And suddenly, Wanda!
>>
>>
>"How come you get all the lucky breaks, Luke?"
>>
Fred Astaire was a dancer and actor. I didn't know this when I saw this page, I actually had to look it up.
>>
So, is "Magrador" a thing outside of this issue?
>>
>>
>Vision in a suit, with a top hate and a cape

Dapper as fuck.
>>
>Doombringer

You couldn't think of a more generic name than this if you tried.
>>
And welcome back Archie "creator of Luke Cage" Goodwin.
>>
>>
The Soda Machine has gained allies in his war.
>>
>>
Holy shit, that was quick.
>>
>"Sorry we're late, your guards wouldn't let us in."
>>
Damn. Sorry, skipped a page. This page goes first, and THEN read >>84292716
>>
>The Middle East

Oh, how topical.
>>
>>
>>
>>
So are his bodyguards women, or muslim ninjas?
>>
>>
>>84292377
>Luke is uncomfortable having a man inside him
Well this issue must have been disappointing to the fangirls.
>>
>>84292854
No, it just means Danny's the bottom.
>>
>>
>>84292515
You never heard of Astaire? I'm no movie buff and I can barely stand any musicals, and even I've heard of Fred and Ginger.
>>
>Danny kicks so hard that he broke the panel

Neat.
>>
>>84292610
You'd think he was related to Doom.
>>
>>84292684
Arabian Abraham Lincoln?
>>
>>84292879
You're clearly more of a movie buff than me.
>>
>"I'm BRINGING you something!"

Danny, that pun was so tortured, even Trump thinks it should be banned.
>>
>>84292904
Wasn't there a "Von Doom" in Aaron's Hulk who insisted she wasn't related to Doctor Doom? I never saw how that run ended, did it turn out she was talking shit and really was?
>>
The force field was so strong, it damaged Luke's shirt.
>>
>>84292833
I'm assuming they are hashishim, and they are totally blazed right now.
>>
And the guard who was talking all that good shit gets killed in a single page. How predictable...
>>
>>84292992
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amanda_von_Doom_(Earth-616)
>She has stated that she has no relation to Victor von Doom, though Bruce Banner claimed to note some resemblance.
>>
>>
All right let's finish this issue. That sound good?
>>
>>
>>84293081
There must be a better name for a villain who wants to start World War III than Doombringer.
>>
>>
>>84293114
I like to think the fact that his name is shit was intentional.
>>
Look at this dbag, lurking like a horror movie monster.
>>
And now we're getting "Doombringer's" backstory.
>>
>>
>>
Remember henchmen. Never waste time bragging about your weapon, just use it.
>>
Or the heroes will threaten to use it on you.
>>
Once again, "Good Cop, Angry Cop".
>>
>>
>"Shhh! People sleepin'!"

I freaking love this page.
>>
OTP
T
P
>>
Colleen seems WAY too happy to get her sword back.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>84293335
You know she sleeps with it like a teddy bear.
>>
>>84293414
I used to sleep with a serrated knife under my pillow. Long story short, it's not a good idea to sleep with a blade that close to you unless you can easily wash blood out from sheets.
>>
No matter how flashy Iron Fist's martial arts are, NEVER let Luke Cage out of your sights. Because he'll pull shit like this.
>>
>>84293465
That's why you need good spray-on stain remover for.
>>
>>
And that's it for tonight, Anons! See you tomorrow night for one of the Heroes for Hire's weirder cases!
>>
>>84293577
Thanks!
>>
So in a fit of insomnia, I finally moved all of the comics we're storytiming from my external hard drive to my laptop, and then did a count of how many issues we're doing.
There's roughly 700 comics we're doing. Considering we typically do 3-4 issues a day, well, I won't bore you with the math, but we'll be at this for a while.
>>
>>84296828
>>
>>84293577
>>
>>84290699
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 91

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.