[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Capcom and Mortal Kombat wont do a crossover since MK is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: dcvs12.jpg (64 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
dcvs12.jpg
64 KB, 400x200
So, Capcom and Mortal Kombat wont do a crossover since MK is too violent for Capcom. With that in mind, what would you say the odds are of DC vs Capcom?
>>
>>84289557

>Ryu is superman long lost brother.
>>
>>84289585
>Superman can hadouken.
>Ryu gets laser vision.
>Superman puts Ryu in the bottle
>>

Considering WB OWNS netherrealms, a direct competiter to Capcom on the fighting game front, never gunna happen.

This is as close as you'll get.
>>
>>84289771
Isn't Mortal Kombat from Netherrealms? Because I remember an articles saying the developers of Mortal Kombat did at one point get in touch with the people at Capcom though. The problem was Capcom didn't want to see their characters have fatalities preformed on them so they denied it.
>>
>>84289934
Exactly my point.

You're correct.

But then why would neatherrealms(MK owner) feed Capcom(Street Fighter owner) money by going into business on Capcom vs. DC, and split the WB profits when Mk v.DCU is already out there?

Don't get me wrong, id love it. But Wed prolly see Street Fighter v. Mortal Kombat before that if both studios are truly interested in money.
>>
>>84289557
>MK is too violent for Capcom

Have they said that?
>>
>>84290043
Guess that makes sense. Sucks though. Maybe one day they might find a way to get past the fatalities.
>>
In all seriousness DC vs Capcom wouldn't work because DC has never been as being in the east as Marvel
>>
>>84290071
Yes, more specifically the Street Fighter series which is what the crossover would be.
>>
>>84290144
They're still recognizable there (Specifically Batman and Superman). At least more than X-Men was when X-Men vs Street Fighter came out.
>>
>>84290143
Well, hoping against hope, they can do what they did with Street Fighter x Tekken.

Make 2 games.

Capcom v. DCU. Street Fighter controls, gameplay, and art style throughout the game.

And..

DCU v. Capcom. Same characters, But MK gameplay (including fatalities and violence)
>>
>>84290285
>Project X-Zone 3 with MK characters and DC characters.

A man can dream, okay.
>>
>>84290209
True but you have to consider that the first vs game is actually Children of the Atom.

And we're talking about now, when Marvel has an even bigger foothold over there thanks to being owned by Disney.
>>
>>84290360
Not out of the realm of possibility actually
>>
>>84290043
WB owns netherrealm and DC

if WB wants to make a dc vs capcom game they can let capcom do it b/c WB is the parent company and will profit

netherrealm has no say.

it'll probably never happen because it is cheaper to have neterrealm do it in house but if the hype levels were huge enough WB would make money off it to offset development. either way netherrealm has no say in the matter
>>
>>84290432
On a "makes sense. I'm not a business owner and the difference between 5 million and 7.5 million mean a lot to me in civilian life" way of thinking, you're 210% correct.

But if you original post was true, and WB and therefor Capcom didn't give a fuck, Wed already have MK v. SF.
>>
>>84290423
>The game's gates of hell finally open and it looks like one of those cringy deviantart crossover posters where the photoshoper inserts himself.

Wouldn't even be mad.
>>
we need to create a wormhole to the dimension where we can have marvel v dc games and capcom v mk games, and ice creams never fall over and no body ever cuts anyone off in traffic
>>
>>84290647
Agree with everything except the ice cream...

>chili falls from the sky
FTFY
>>
>>84290581
that was my only post in the thread, i was just clarifying what the other anon said

we'll never get Capcom vs MK because Capcom thinks MK is too violent

we probably wont get Capcom vs DC because of the netherrealm injustice stuff sells and we don't even know if Capcom would be interested

we'll never get Marvel vs MK because it's netherrealm is WB/DC

we will get Marvel vs Capcom 4 one day (not near future) because marvel said they are getting their shit together in video games again (see the spidey insomniac game as the first output). unfortauntely it probably wont have X or F4 characters, so why bother
>>
>>84290647
Marvel vs DC already happened. I don't know why people keep harping on that. The thing is. It happened, but since then fucking Quesada took over and burned down all the bridges Marvel had to DC. They use to get along just fine, hell, if it wasn't for that asshat we probably would have gotten a sequel to Marvel vs DC.
>>
>>84290742
that's unfair to quesada

he was being a classic marvel posturing for headlines EIC but that's his job. marvel still had more marketshare and it served DC more for crossover stuff than benefited marvel.

and we'll never get crossover stuff because of harras at DC and marvel/dc being too corporate owned and movies being SERIUZ BIZNESS
>>
DC is working with Netherrealm to do Injustice 2
>>
File: 1466656355265.jpg (464 KB, 900x1354) Image search: [Google]
1466656355265.jpg
464 KB, 900x1354
>>84289557
Never ever unfortunately but it's always been my dream game.
>>
>>84289557
i want Injustice vs mortal kombat
>>
Can't we just have DC+Mortal Kombat, Marvel+Street Fighter make one big VS game?
>>
The real reason a MK and Capcom crossover wouldn't work is gameplay.

One side would have to abandon it's play style to work with the other, there are small differences in both games that make ALL the difference in how the games work

And they already tried this with SF X Tekken, which was basically a failure so much that I doubt were ever going to see Namcos Tekken vs SF game
>>
>>84293980
>at I doubt were ever going to see Namcos Tekken vs SF game
seeing akuma in tekken 7 gives me a little hope it will get made someday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bAyciSC5xc
>>
>>84289557
>DC vs Capcom
one of crossovers i don't like seeing.
>>
File: 1461091158834.jpg (125 KB, 800x538) Image search: [Google]
1461091158834.jpg
125 KB, 800x538
>>84293980
>And they already tried this with SF X Tekken, which was basically a failure so much that I doubt were ever going to see Namcos Tekken vs SF game
It was a failure because Capcom was completely incompetent with everything surrounding the gameplay. The game itself was basically fine, though I feel like they could've done the Tekken characters more justice.

Hope to god we see TxSF someday. I can't wait to see all my favorite SF characters work in a 3D plane.
>>
DC vs. Marvel when?
>>
>>84290620
Hypercrisis.
>>
Just make it a sex game instead.
>>
>>84294046
Why would you get mad at DC vs Cacpom? It would be fun.
>>
>>84294157
>>
>>84296569
Not that guy, but I've never been a huge fan of the concept of these crossovers myself...like karate guys and random vidya characters vs. all superheroes, it just bugs my autism for some reason conceptually to think about

The only reason the old versus games seemed natural was because it slowly built into the madhouse...it started out just marvel fighting games, and street fighter fighting games...hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as these characters in the same game? Worked, then it built up to Marvel vs and it just all seemed natural

MK vs DC felt really weird to me but MK has it's own heavy dose of dark fantasy and scifi, which are things you can commonly attribute to capeshit so it kinda worked...idk, just rambling here, but DC vs Capcom would seem really jarring....about as jarring as Marvel vs Capcom probably would have been if not for the slow build up to it
>>
I just want a 2D DCAU fighting game with a massive cast
>>
>>84290209
X-Men were ridiculously popular when those games came out. I'd say it was definitely the height of their popularity in the 90s.
>>
>>84290071
>>MK is too violent for Capcom

>Have they said that?

Capcom actually edits the Japanese release of the Dead Rising games to be less violent than the US versions.

They're pussies.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.