[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't really pay attention to the hate thread for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: RCO002.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO002.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
I didn't really pay attention to the hate thread for this but now I'm curious. Why do people read this? Its not interesting, its not funny, the art makes me want to vomit, and the dialogue is "eh". Whats the appeal?
>>
The artist has a tentative grasp of art, let alone any knowledge of how to draw comics.
>>
File: 1449079340433.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1449079340433.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>84288764
Because, as much as I hate it too, all of those things you listed are subjective.
Some people find it funny, some people find it interesting, some people don't mind the art or style, and some people relate to the dialogue or enjoy it to an extent.
A large appeal is that it's a blatantly non-serious book for people who think that certain comics are way too serious to actually get into. In that same vein, some people also like that it's sort of casual friendly, in that it's a Marvel comic, but you don't have to know much else about Marvel to get it. It's largely inoffensive with no real stakes that would actually engage a more vivid reader. "It's different, so it's good" is also a thing, with people praising it solely because it isn't "house style".
It's also has some kid fans, so there's even that.
As much as I think this book is shit, with cancer being a harsh but still close word to describe it, it doesn't make the people who like this idiots. They're just people with different opinions that I don't agree with. It's better to just read something else, cause it's clear this will be staying for a while, and it's better to just let those who like it like it, and go on liking what you like.
But that's just me. Personally, I don't understand all the sudden hate for this and Hellcat. Yes, they've always been hated, but I don't understand why people are suddenly bringing them up again these past few weeks instead of just ignoring them like they already were.
>>
>>84289005
>Personally, I don't understand all the sudden hate for this and Hellcat.
Probably people doing he same as me where /co/ never shut up about it and it made them curious
>>
Children, fans of North, fans of diversity, Autistic male Squirrel girls fans who make SG costumes.

I can't fault the children. I read some shit before I had any taste as well. To be young and able to enjoy more things again.
>>
File: squireel girl.png (88 KB, 241x226) Image search: [Google]
squireel girl.png
88 KB, 241x226
>>84288764
>>
>>84289005
>it doesn't make the people who like this idiots.
Anon, you're being a pussy. Some opinions are legitimately invalid.

If a kid likes this comic, fine, since kids are kids and anything has the potential the entertain them. But this book is objectively lacking in all the things anyone who isn't a contrarian, agenda-driven retard would find entertaining or worthwhile.
>>
>>84289005
>being a rational and level minded individual
Get the fuck >>>/out/.
>>
File: 1467689015459.jpg (119 KB, 839x835) Image search: [Google]
1467689015459.jpg
119 KB, 839x835
>>84289005
>Personally, I don't understand all the sudden hate for this
People have hated this since issue 1.

People freaked when this shit came out, and for good cause.

There comes a time when subjectivity has to be thrown up in the air, and the blatant technical incompetence present in Squirrel Girl is an example of that.

This isn't a Modernist Painting, it's an illustration that has to abide by certain rules, and it fails.
It's like Questionable Content or a John Green book, it's objectively bad.
>>
>>84289005
>Personally, I don't understand all the sudden hate for this and Hellcat
The Eisner nominations.
>>
I'd ask not about art, but about coloring.
Why is this kind of acidic coloring in so many books now? It looks disgusting, even more so than the art.
>>
File: 1467664051265.jpg (103 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1467664051265.jpg
103 KB, 500x667
>>84289928
I don't know, I assume it evolved out of the pastel pinks favored by Tumblr artists, but it's supposed to be grittier.

>>84289005
There's nothing sudden about the hate for this. People have been shitting on HenderNorth for at least a year.

As for Hellcat, it's obviously just a rip-off of this, even in the art, so the hate is consistent.

Also, Hellcat is by Leth, and Leth is terrible.
>>
>>84290167
>>84289372
Read past the comma, I mean the sudden need to bring it up again. I've noticed an influx of threads about this when everybody already knows it's crap.
>>84289516
That'd explain it.
>>
>>84290167
>Leth
>"Ugh, male gaze. Amirite, girls?"
>"Woah, check out dat Squirrel Girl shit, bitch got da booty, yo!"
>>
>>84289270
Some people find wallpaper drying to be interesting. It's all subjective.
>>
>>84288764
>Whats the appeal?

If you buy the latest issue of The Frantibulous, Blarbtastical Adventures of Skwirrl Grrl® then you're sticking it to The Patriarchy™!

Don't let those mean fat stupid cis-het neckbeard males dictate what hobbies you can and can't screech about, you bloody harpy! Buy as many copies of The Fibbity Floobity Squarl Garl® as you can!

FUCKING DO IT NOW
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.