[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When we are we finally going to get some mature adult animated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
When we are we finally going to get some mature adult animated series which aren't boring slice of life?
>>
>>84280571
you mean animated series for teenagers who think they are adults?
>>
I prefer shows aimed at an older child audience that have heavy themes such as Batman Beyond, honestly.

Spider-Man tried twice with that MTV series and to a lesser extent with Spider-Man Unlimited but they couldn't hold a candle to BB.
>>
>>84280614
teenagers are adults. if more of them felt that way they'd fucking act like it
>>
>>84280571
>When we are we finally going to get some mature adult animated series which aren't boring slice of life?
When the incentives in the market make this possible. Netflix might be the platform to give us shows like this but we'll have to wait and see.
>>
File: diabolik-ed-eva-brindisi.jpg (95 KB, 842x787) Image search: [Google]
diabolik-ed-eva-brindisi.jpg
95 KB, 842x787
>>84280614
>>84280763
No, I mean adults who behave like actual 30-40 year old adults.
>>
I wonder if 2020 will be different.
>>
>>84280571
If we do, I wouldn't want it to be yet another adaptation of franchises that are over 50 years old.
>>
>>84280571
Doesn’t have to be adult but yeah I kind of want a return to the action adventure cartoons without the slice off life stuff that doesn’t go anywhere or the unending filler episodes cartoons.

I would love a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon but not with Wacker and the current shit Marvel Animation team.

Batman Beyond was good for what it was considering the original pitch was cringey as fuck and Tim made something good out of it.
>>
>>84280571
We're not. It'd be cool though.
>>
More like when are we going to get a cyberpunk movie adaptation of Batman Beyond or Spiderman 2099
>>
File: ZkOL5N4.jpg (56 KB, 720x599) Image search: [Google]
ZkOL5N4.jpg
56 KB, 720x599
Currently working with some folks to make some animated shorts for a film festivsl and potentially make series out of them.

One of them is cyberpunk noir, another is a space opera thing with sex drugs and rock and roll, and another is a moody post apocalypse thing with slight psychological horror elements.

Either be the change you want, or take it or leave it.

Also try and look onto things besides explicit kid oriented media channels. You gotta go underground and into the student circuits to see any good stuff. Support that shit and you'll see more adult animation sooner than later.
>>
>>84283389
>I would love a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon but not with Wacker and the current shit Marvel Animation team.
This 100%
>>84285739
If only Sony would ever try anything creative or interesting with their precious Spider-man movie rights
>>
>>84285832
Where could we check out student circuit stuff? Will you post your shit after the festival?
>>
>>84280571
So was BB designed as a parody of 2099?

Both costumes for future versions of flagship company characters that are primarily black with red accents.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.