[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Bitch.png (146 KB, 365x639) Image search: [Google]
Bitch.png
146 KB, 365x639
ITT: Things that made you dropped the show
>Magik is just a higher form of science!! xD
>>
>>84278895
Retconed in Omniverse.

Actually the way that they treated magic there was great.

I loved that the greatest wizard of the world actually liked magic tricks more because of the element of deception.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>84278895
Eh, that's a simple way of putting it but it's basically correct for many systems of magic across many fantasy universes. Let's take D&D for example.

Magic exists as a fundamental force that is as much a part of the universe as gravity. Natural magic exists in many forms, and many beings can manipulate magic.

Wizards in particular accomplish their spells and enchantments by studying the basic rules by which magic behaves and gaining both a theoretical and empirical understanding of magic through intense study and experimentation.

Other classes, such as bards and druids, have a more intutional understanding of magic gained through intense practice and skill with performances or meditation on spiritual truths respectively.

Either way, magic is always practiced with ritual formulas called spells. A scientific understanding of it like what wizards strive for isn't necessary, but is extremely helpful in using magic so in a sense magic can be called a higher form of science. More like a practical application of fundamental forces and energies.
>>
>>84278895
No what bothered me was Gwen's magic powers suddenly being discount Green Lantern energy constructs that ALWAYS broke, and came from the fact that their grandpa fucked an alien. So it wasn't magic powers it's inherited alien powers
>>
>>84278895
You're an idiot. Even if magic really existed it would be another, albeit much less understood, field of science. There's no such thing as supernatural, if it exists It's natural.
>>
>>84279534
>if it exists It's natural.
This isn't how supernatural work.

To be supernatural something just need to not be contained on matter and time.
>>
File: cats2.jpg (132 KB, 600x949) Image search: [Google]
cats2.jpg
132 KB, 600x949
>>84279789
Like magic on Sandman for example. Right?
>>
>>84279789
Isn't that like quantum physics?
>>
>>84278895
There is a literal dimension of magic in Ben 10 meaning its not ayylmao technology, the Anodites are just energy beings made of magic that can manipulate the magical energy fields in the universe by magic.
>>
>>84280204
Usually not really, but its better to look at speciphic works and how they use supernatural.
>>
>>84279256
OS Gwen could basically do anything with her spells, the writers realized that eventually she would solve all the conflict by snapping her fingers making both Ben and Kevin irrelevant, heck the alien species her grandma comes from CAN FUCKING REALITY WARP using mana meaning she is still is broken as fuck.
>>
>>84280204
Quantum physiscs say something about dreams altering time and space retroactively?
>>
>>84280355
And yet she can't make a forcefield that won't break after two hits
>>
>>84280355
You can just give her some control over elements and telekinesis, maybe some force fields. Maybe something different here or there in an episode.

Pretty simple and standart for a mage and only a little more than what she did on OS.

Make her need a book or amulet or some other focus to nerf if it is needed.
>>
>>84280425
actually yes
>>
>>84280439
Thats mainly because of plot, Gwen should be really hard to fight since she could just spawn like 20 energy tenctacles and beat the shit out you with them, she could strangle you by spawning an energy ring around your throat, suffocate you with an energy bubble around your body, and remember she has yet to FORM ENERGY BLADES YOU KNOW SHARP EDGES THAT WOULD FUCK UP MOSTLY EVERYTHING SHE FIGHTS IN ALIEN FORCE. Ben has no aliens besides Goop thats can shrug off getting sliced up as I told you before Gwen is OP as fuck.
>>
File: Gwen_magic.png (345 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Gwen_magic.png
345 KB, 720x544
>>84278895
I dropped Ben 10: Alien Force because Gwen didn't have blue magic anymore, it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
>>
>>84280563
That's generic as hell
>>
>>84280517
Explain.
>>
>>84278895
so what? they fixed it later
>>84278977
and not in omniverse you intolerable retard. much earlier than that. she met the magic aliens and they were like 'no this is definitely magic. we're magic aliens'
>>
>>84280563
Just because she can make construct, it doesn't mean that they have to be hard to break, or that she can do as many as she want without getting tired, also doesn't mean that she doesn't have a range or limit to her powers.

It could easily be explained as few mana to power her constructs, when she isn't on super powered alien form.
>>
>>84280846
Magic aliens is a terrible retcon
>>
>>84280567

but she's a girl anon give her a girl color for magic
>>
>>84281648
One could say that her main color was blue compared to ben's green color
>>
>>84280567
Does she do any actual magic? I dropped after the part-alien reveal and it pissed me off was how all she did was make shields, energy blasts, and stairs.
>>
>>84282633
Nope. It's just "pure energy".
>>
>>84283564
MAGIC energy, you clod.
>>
>>84280886

No it isn't, and is it really a retcon if something is just explained more fully?
>>
>>84280846
>Shitting on omniverse
Off yourself degenerate.
>>
>>84285022
Except we had no reason to believe Hex and Charmcaster were connected to aliens and considering other magic relics exist in the original show, yeah it is kinda a retcon.
>>
>>84278895
Magic is science, dumbass.
>>
File: Chris when he sees that shit.png (365 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
Chris when he sees that shit.png
365 KB, 576x576
>>84278895
I hate to say it but well I dropped Marvel when it went well... you know FUCKING RETARDED.
>>
>>84282633
>Does she do any actual magic?
Yes. It's just easier for her because she's descended from an alien that is composed of the energy that magic uses as a fuel source.
>>
>>84281648
But pink was originally a color for boys because it was a shittier version of red, everyone just became a contrarian when hitler decided to use pink too
>>
>>84285449
But it's supernatural. Beyond the laws of Nature.
>>
>>84285779
Beyond the laws of known nature you mean. Magic = Science that cannot be understood.

He just used some kind of teleporting spell!
He just opened a wormhole and sent himself through it!

Once magic becomes the focus of a study it becomes a science.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.