[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinion thread? MLP did the powerpuff girls characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18
File: 68796789678967896789.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
68796789678967896789.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Unpopular Opinion thread?

MLP did the powerpuff girls characters better with the CMC than the original show did.
>>
>>84276308
>Nu-PPG are cuter than old PPG

>Dexter's Lab is ok.

>Deadpool > Guardians of the Galaxy

>Home Movies is terrible

>Almost all animated super hero cartoons are unbearably boring. Justice League especially

>South Park stopped being entertaining after Imagination Land.
>"B-but they roasted Ess Jay Dubyas!"
>Nobody fucking cares any more.

>Saying a show is Tumblr or Reddit is usually the sign of someone who doesn't have an argument and relies on buzzwords. Though I feel it can apply to cartoons with no problems

Kinda /co/ related, kinda not:
>90% of Newgrounds animator and artists are fucking unorigina, garbage hacks and Tom Fulp is a bitch

>MLP:FiM is a good show (though I only watched till the end of S3. Bronies are still as fucking terrible as people make them out to be. You're either ignorant or lying if you say that pony spam wasn't that bad back when this shit started
>>
>>84276773
I never really understood the appeal of MLP, I watched a few episodes and it really just seemed like a wholesome cartoon targeted at the middle school girl demographic. I genuinely don't understand how it turned into such a sensation among adult men.
>>
File: earthspdrmnf41.jpg (31 KB, 329x384) Image search: [Google]
earthspdrmnf41.jpg
31 KB, 329x384
>>84276308
I actually don't like Peter being married to MJ
>>
>>84276308
Dan Backslide should unhand her.
>>
>>84276773
>>84276866
Hard to explain the appeal, I'd say its in the characters though. Also, season 4 was a vast improvement for the show and I'd recommend it, the end of season 3 didn't ruin the show.
>>
I don't mind SpongeBob SquarePants being ongoing (better than later seasons of FOP)

The second SpongeBob movie is great, I don't get why people complain about it.

tomboy protagonist are sadly underappreciate and underrated unless there the love interest
>>
I think the well has mostly run dry for superhero shows, at least if they're adapting major characters. Even Spectacular Spider-Man felt slightly over-familiar (though it's still good.)
>>
New spongebob really doesn't seem like old spongebob any more. Old Spongebob felt much more polished, such as remembering and using the fact that they were underwater to their advantage. New Spongebob just feels like a generic cartoon.
>>
Female protagonists are the worst thing to happen to fiction. They're all boring garbage and any piece of fiction instantly improves if you replace the protaginist with a man.
>>
File: 1430889884268.jpg (350 KB, 500x1144) Image search: [Google]
1430889884268.jpg
350 KB, 500x1144
/co/ needs to get several sticks out of its collective ass, regardless of season there's way too many people here that only browse the board because they're bored and can't think of anything else to do than getting mad about shit they don't even really care about and making shitty meme threads. I think most of you need a fucking hobby or a bullet to the head. Either is fine.
>>
File: 5432543253425342.jpg (293 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
5432543253425342.jpg
293 KB, 1280x960
Loonatics Unleashed was the best show from the 2000s.
>>
>>84276866
Likable characters, classic cartoon humor involving slapstick rather than "quirk" aimed at hipsters who laugh at spaghetti arms, a mere mention of hummus, and dance parties, good animation as far as flash goes, good music and songs, nice combination of slice of life, adventure, and fantasy lore
>>
Maybe it's because I marathoned it rather than watching week to week but Young Justice really hasn't that bad (though it wasn't good enough to warrant bringing back). I think /co/ holds action cartoons to a higher standard than live action, movies, or even comics and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>84277249
I'd guess it has something to do with everyone loving DCAU. It seems to be the standard everyone judges against.
>>
>>84277249
>I think /co/ holds action cartoons to a higher standard than live action, movies, or even comics and I'm not sure why.

Nah, just action cartoons. They are few, and even fewer in terms of "good" ones so the very few that are even passable become worshipped and controversial by retards who think they look mature if the only cartoons they watch are action oriented

These people are also usually shonen anime fans, so their taste is shit regardless
>>
>>84276773
aside from the home movies bit, I agree with all of this.

Though I have absolutely no opinion on PPG, old or new.
>>
Gay stuff shouldn't be shown in shows for kids
>>
I don't think that anything getting hate-based Daily Dose threads actually deserves the hate, let alone the time and energy spent on the threads.

I would barely remember that Willis and Jacques exist if /co/ didn't make daily threads dedicated to them.

I don't mind the art in Squirrel Girl. I've enjoyed comics before whose art was more off-putting than that. I just don't read it because I have no interest in the writing.

I don't care that Mark Millar is devoting himself to movie adaptations. He's still helping his co-creators reach new levels of exposure and make enough money to keep comics as a full-time career, and he's treating them fairly every step of the way. Also his edgy phase is over, but people here act like his edginess is all-pervasive and eternal.

I think Alan Moore comes off as friendly and affable in person and on camera, so folks should get a clue instead of only reading his textual interviews and insisting that he's perpetually bitter and grouchy.

I like Ales Kot. I don't mind that he's pretentious, and I applaud him for being ambitious. Even when he tries to make a masterpiece but fails and makes a piece of crap, I find his failure endearing, like the down-on-his-luck underdog in a movie who can't catch a break.

I'm fine with Kate Leth. I don't read anything she does, but she never offended me either. It's astonishing, the amount of hate I see heaped on her for, say, trying and dropping Batman. At least she tried.

I think that Bendisspeak hasn't been funny in years. Additionally, many of you would be surprised how easy it is to simply drop his comics instead of obsessing over how he's RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVER this week.

Here on 4chan, the right is worse than the left. I might feel differently if I was on some other website, but I'm here, and that's how it is. The radical right already won here, it's the supermajority, and it's just petty to see daily threads attacking the left as if "SJW" "invasions" even stood a chance.

Character limit.
>>
SU isn't really all "ewil ees jay ws" once you look at it. I get that people don't like it because of diversity and something different you don't like at least they don't force ideology on you per episodes, unlike most shows or comics *coughnuppgcough*
>>
>>84277541
I agreed with everything
except for Kate Leth
>>
>>84277661
>something different you don't like at least they don't force ideology on you per episodes

Don't they have same sex couples in it? I'd say that's pretty forced when something could be left unsaid, and just there for older fans to assume or speculate
>>
>Shit Opinion Thread
>>
Legend of Korra(excluding Season 2)was good.

The DC Cinematic Universe can still be salvaged.

There is nothing wrong with animesque art styles.
>>
>>84277541
>Additionally, many of you would be surprised how easy it is to simply drop his comic

That's a nice sentiment except when he comes in and shits up a comic for years to come that previously was untouched by him. See Guardians of the Galaxy for an example. I don't buy modern GoTG, but I can very much complain about it because I'm rightfully pissed off.
>>
Frozen was shit.

In fact, I don't know if it's because I'm older or if their most recent movies have been terrible, but most Disney movies are not that good. They're far too simplistic and generic. It's appalling how Disney keeps on getting away with cookie cutter plots with characters who are barely even characters.

Star Wars is actually kind of boring though I enjoy it in small doses.

I'm a major DCfag but the MCU so far has been infinitely better than the DCEU (outside of visuals I guess) simply for the fact that Marvel recognizes that superheroes should be ultimately fun.

Though I also think Guardians of the Galaxy was not that good.

The DC universe is legitimately more interesting than the Marvel universe. Also DC regularly hires better writers and artists too. Now both companies obviously have lots and have had lots of great books put out over the years, but Marvel is only as popular as it is because of the Marvel propaganda machine, which people easily buy into, and the MCU these days too.

Maybe not so much an unpopular opinion here, but Aquaman is a legitimately great character and his entire 'mythos' has lots of potential.
>>
>>84278294
>I'm a major DCfag but the MCU so far has been infinitely better than the DCEU (outside of visuals I guess) simply for the fact that Marvel recognizes that superheroes should be ultimately fun.

I'm a Marvelfag and all I want is a movie that doesn't seem like it was tailor made for my girlfriend who hates comic books, enough with the cutesy crap
>>
Civil War is as bad as Batman v. Superman
>>
I miss Roasted Bread.
>>
File: 1467658607169.png (2 MB, 807x1198) Image search: [Google]
1467658607169.png
2 MB, 807x1198
>>84276308
Unpopular opinion?

Well...

>wasting your life on fucking company wars is patethic, and show what a huge worthless faggot you are

>crack ships are cancerous OOC and autistic, they can be fine as long as you treat them as just something fun...but when you try to force them into canon you show that people don't care for the characters of canon, just their strange projection.

> /co/ is better than /a/ but has much lower and patethic standarts on waifus, pic related is good, fat animals aren't.

>I hate how people are facetious and hide their fetishes on /co/ as it was "logical good writting", like musclefags and others do. Just be open that it is your fetish and don't try to pretend that its good characterization or casting just because of it. This is coming from someone of /d/, so no normalfag.

>tumblr and /pol/ are both cancer, but /co/ should try to moderate itself more like /a/ to avoid those faggots showing up.

Are these opinions unpopular enough?
>>
File: 1466017491431.jpg (65 KB, 469x513) Image search: [Google]
1466017491431.jpg
65 KB, 469x513
>>84278466
Huh...I agree with everything.
>>
>>84276866
It's kinda like Wander Over Yonder: likable characters, happy themes all together, and good for when you're feeling down. Unlike WOY, there's a garbage fan base behind MLP.

Give it a try for yourself if you haven't. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not. IDK what Satan is into
>>
>>84278466
>>I hate how people are facetious and hide their fetishes on /co/ as it was "logical good writting"

This so much.

Fatfags amd lesbiandykes also ruin every project.
>>
Ok, i have this one. I don't like Wreck it Ralph, it was boring, the animation and backgrounds were amazing but the characters and story were lame.
>>
Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition makes the film passable at best.

Also,Apocalypse was better than DoFP.
>>
>>84276308
John Arcudi is a talentless sack of shit that ruined most of the potenital BRPD had and cannot write a plot that isn't someone shooting at things.
>>
The Big Two are dead, have been for years and their shambling corpses cannot go on forever.
>>
I like Mignola's current art style more than his previous work, except for that rad Dr Doom Dr Strange crossover
>>
>>84280037
They are very useful copyright retainers.
>>
>>84277661
>SU isn't really all "ewil ees jay ws" once you look at it
anon pls
There's literally an episode where the solution to solving a crazed hive-mind of tormented souls was just to Bubble it. That's there solution when confronted with a menacing presence, bubble it until it's safe, put everything in a bubble. It wasn't subtle at all.

You cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>84278466
>but /co/ should try to moderate itself more like /a/ to avoid those faggots showing up

All of /a/ can easily avoid being /pol/ or tumblr though because everyone there is pants-on-head stupid.
>>
File: VwSXW8u.jpg (173 KB, 611x869) Image search: [Google]
VwSXW8u.jpg
173 KB, 611x869
>>84276892

I don't either
>>
I don't like the ultimate universe at all. People praise the Ultimate spider-man run, and while I agree that it's better than the rest of the Ultimate universe, it's still shit compared to 616. The only thing Ultimate does better is Spider-woman.
>>
>>84280296
How this would even work?
>>
>>84276892
I just want him to have a stable, mutually supportive relationship that isn't solely about sex or having arm candy.

Hell you could have her go to L.A. or something and have them go on break, but still talk to each other.

Having him be a forever bachelor takes away a humanizing element.
>>
>>84276866
/pol/ here
The thing is is that Mlp was the most conservative show.in decades and people could detect it without knowing what they were detecting or why.
Normalfag bronies then became parasitical upon it they were fad hopping fags anyway and most people of this type left the show when it wasn't a fad anymore
>>
>>84276308
I hate cartoons
>>
>>84280735
>show with strong, competent female leads that doesn't rely on romance
>feminine show that tries to appeal to more than just a female audience
>conservative
I mean there was that one episode with religious overtones that was universally panned, but beyond that, I don't see how the show is conservative.
>>
>>84276308
Two "Ren and Stimpy" ones...

>John K. deserved to get fired.

>Bob Camp deserved more respect.
>>
>>84282072
>female leads can't be conservative unless they rely on romance
How many blue pills are you on?
>>
Cartoons are shit and have always been shit.
>>
>>84282207
I'd consider challenging gender norms to be a progressive value, not a conservative one and unfortunately the gender norm for women in media seem to be primarily as romantic interests and it's nice to see a show that challenges this norm.
>>
File: 1467668854955.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1467668854955.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1500
>>84280647
We can have him get married to a new person. Develop the relationship and stuff. I just don't want MJ, even if it means giving up Mayday Parker.

Hell even a Pre-Superior Black Cat is a good contender for wife-material
>>
I hadn't realised how shit most superhero comics were until I quit them 5 years ago.
>>
>>84280266
>implying permanent solution
>>
>>84282270
The characters don't defy gender norms though
>Nerdy Librarian
>Shy, animal girl
>Athletic girl
>Farm girl
>Community planner/baker girl
>Fashion designer/dress maker girl
How are any of those unconservative? 3 of them are even blatant capitalists and they're all traditionally girly archtypes.

Each pony has a special power they can use to benefit themselves and society but at no point is it implied that they are all equal.
>>
>>84278466

I don't care for your pic related, but across the board anime has more quality waifus.

I will say that comics and cartoons have a distinct variety in waifus, because most aren't made to be waifus, while most anime waifus are made with the intent of being waifus.
>>
Unfunnies is not that bad.
>>
>There are quite a few good Marvel comics these days, and I don't care that Squirrel Girl and Hellcat have SJW stuff in them

>Teen Titans isn't as well written as Justice League, but the characters are more entertaining and memorable

>I liked Young Justice a lot, but I feel like a lot of its characters were ultimately wasted

>I don't care about the movies either company makes. The most I think of them is that I think Marvel's movie are generally ok, while Man of Steel and BvS left dissatisfied.

>I strongly prefer DC out of the big two, but I think Marvel gets way more hate than they deserve.

>Scooby Apocalypse has a lot of potential to be a really good series, and I wish people didn't just pre-judge it.

>Jason Todd should have either stayed dead, or remained a villain instead of trying to be a cool anti-hero

>Kenneth Rocafort's art in the recent Teen Titans was really good in the beginning, but the art has definitely gone downhill since then as different artists have taken over
>>
Peanuts is better than Calvin and Hobbes
>>
>>84282573
>athletic girl
>farm girl
>fashion designer (AKA business owner)
>nerdy librarian who becomes a leader figure later in the series
Those all defy gender norms though; they show that people can still be feminine while also being competent and enjoying traditionally masculine activities. Being capitalistic doesn't automatically mean being conservative either; there is a difference between wanting regulations on capitalism and wanting it gone.
>>
EE&E is a dreadful show with bad voice acting and a horrid artstyle

Pixar hasn't made a decent movie since Toy Story 1. Nowadays they're more or less exclusively banking on nostalgia in one form or another.

Speaking of which, Finding Dory was terrible. It had all the same fundamental issues as Inside Out cranked up to eleven.

Zootopia is pretty good, but just that. Pretty good.

South Park stopped being funny ages ago and was never particularly insightful.

Big Hero 6 is absolutely spectacular.

Ms. Marvel is a genuinely good book totally divorced from Kamala being cute
>>
>>84282817
anon, conservatism =/= "all wiminz should always kitchen forever lol"

You should probably learn ideaologies from the people that hold them rather than your feminist studies teacher and the leftist media.

Girls being athletic is normal and healthy, they just arn't as good as men at it. Healthy women = healthy children.

Girls have always been needed to help on the farm, there's no such thing as too many hands to help with the work.

Anyone that's good enough to make money can be a business owner.

There are librarians aren't women?
>>
>>84282885

>EE&E is a dreadful show with bad voice acting and a horrid artstyle

I was starting to legitimately believe i was the only one who didn't like EEnE even tho i grew up with it. I was just so boring and the characters too ugly.
>>
>>84282817
>regulations on capitalism and wanting it gone
Wrong. Full stop. I can get into why but that would require I go full /pol/ (no not da joos faggotry shut up) and for obvious reasons I won't. I am assuming by regulations we mean artificial regulations and not the natural regulations born out of simple realities of the world; had I;not made that distinction one might assume what I mean was the opposite of what it was
>>
>>84283120
Now be honest, how often are these traits demonstrated in the media when compared to the traditional female gender norms. For example, the farm woman is doing the the traditionally male activities just as well as the male farm character. Even the most feminine characters on the show are still competent during their adventures.

>Girls being athletic is normal and healthy, they just arn't as good as men at it.
The show challenges this idea. See what I said with the farm characters for an example.

>Anyone that's good enough to make money can be a business owner.
Women are under represented in top business positions, and it is nice to see the show defy this norm.

>There are librarians aren't women?
She is also the defacto leader of the group and later becomes one of the rulers of the nation. This demonstrates that having feminine interests doesn't automatically mean you have to follow the traditional stereotypes for women.

>anon, conservatism =/= "all wiminz should always kitchen forever lol"

It is however in favor of upholding gendered stereotypes, either explicitly in the way you mention or what has become more popular implicitly by ignoring the existence of these norms and ignoring the challenges that people face when trying to defy them.
>>
BvS and Apocalypse weren't that bad

Civil War wasn't that good

The bias against DC/WB is real (still waiting for a video body count of all the people Captain America killed or maimed in his trilogy, the guy that's supposedly replaced Superman as an inspiring icon)

The bias against DC is real 2: Marvel does something stupid = "I hate it but i'm giving it a chance to see where it goes" DC does something stupid = "I'm not even going to pirate it, I'm done with this fucking company for good!"

I prefer stylized art as wonky and ugly as it might be over tracing and poser

AA Ultron >>>>> AoU Quiptron
>>
File: why.gif (806 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
806 KB, 320x180
>>84276308
Remember when /pol/ stayed in /pol/?
>>
>>84283466
That's never been true ever.
>>
>>84283466
Is /co/ dominated by them? Or is that one guy just an exception?
>>
>>84283380
I'm too tired to refute all that, but please just remember that you're wrong

>>84283466
nope
>>
>>84283438
>The bias against Marvel is real 2: DC does something stupid in their comics= "I hate it but i'm giving it a chance to see where it goes" Marvel does something stupid in their comics = "I'm not even going to pirate it, I'm done with this fucking company for good!"
Fixed for what actually happens on /co/
>>
>>84283584
>I'm too tired to refute all that, but please just remember that you're wrong

If I am actually wrong, it can't be that hard to refute me.
>>
>>84283614
That's higly illogical and you know it
>>
By trying to tackle real world issues, superhero movies have inadvertedly shown how childish and simplistic superheroes are, and the only adults who can enjoy them probably suffer from arrested development.
>>
File: 1450319872612.gif (2 MB, 397x215) Image search: [Google]
1450319872612.gif
2 MB, 397x215
>>84283466
There are two boards that literally command the culture of the entire site and every board and those are /a/ and /pol/.
/co/ compared to every other font of western animation discussion like reddit and tumblr and the like is Cartoons: Politically Incorrect
>>
File: 1462635742044.png (207 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1462635742044.png
207 KB, 630x630
>>84283665
Ho boy big as fuck triggering in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>I actually really like it when the Big 2 introduce new characters who are minorities, and I think when they do it just because they want to write those characters rather than as a cynical move to create controversy by killing off other characters and shit, it often works well. The last two Marvel comics to introduce new characters I really found interesting were Miss Marvel and All New Ghost Rider.

>I don't understand why anybody is reading Marvel ongoing stuff right now. Please feel free to recommend comics that show me the good, though.

>I enjoyed both seasons of The Flash, and the only part I can really say I disliked was Iris' whole "lol barry ur such a nerd" shtick in the first couple episodes that they toned down after that. But I just entirely lost interest in Arrow a few episodes into season 3.

>I like Cheryl better than Pam.

>I think Grant Morrison's work is overrated in the grand scheme of things, but that he's still the best writer doing anything for the Big 2 this millennium.

>Perez wrote the best Wonder Woman.

>Green Arrow's chili is not too spicy.
>>
I don't like Rebirth so far, pretty much everything feels safe and mediocre. Nothing stands out except Green Arrow (mostly because of the great art)

I think /co/ is needlesly harsh on Marvel comics. There are plenty of turds coming out, but there are also good comics.

House style art is shit. Can't stand the art of Fabok, Reis, Marquez, Lee etc.

Frank Cho does great cheesecake and is a very good illustrator, but his interior work is nothing special. Mediocre comic paneling, action etc.

I didn't like the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that much and I think Ant-Man was funnier. Chris Pratt as Star-Lord is annoying as fuck.

TWS and The Dark Knight are the best superhero movies that came out so far.

I enjoyed X-Men: Apocalypse much more than DOFP
>>
>>84284054
>but there are also good comics.
Can you suggest some? Not shitposting. I just have no idea what's good from Marvel right now as I haven't followed them seriously in like a decade.
>>
>>84284127
Vision, Ultimates, Carnage, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Contest of Champions
>>
>>84284127
Not that anon, but I'm enjoying Carnage, Vision, Astonishing Ant-Man, Squadron Supreme, Contest of Champions, and Spider-Man/Deadpool the most.

Spider-Man 2099, Ms. Marvel, Totally Awesome Hulk, Drax, and The Ultiamtes are also pretty good.

And if you care about Star Wars, then Star Wars and Darth Vader are enjoyable ongoings as well. I prefer Darth Vader.

I'm also reading Captain America: Sam Wilson, International Iron Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Spidey, Poe Dameron, Nighthawk, Black Panther, and Moon Knight which are all either mediocre or just barely started so I don't feel strongly enough about recommending them.

I also enjoyed Hercules, but that ended too soon and is at least getting a sequel that ties into Civil War 2.
>>
johnny test is not that bad
>>
File: 1461543453217.png (384 KB, 877x1240) Image search: [Google]
1461543453217.png
384 KB, 877x1240
>>84277513
>implying that's an unpopular opinion
>>
>>84276892
Came here to post this.

Also faggots really need to stop plaguing Spider threads with MUH MJ MUH OMD

>inb4 le fugg of Slod/Quesadilla xD
>>
>>84277541
>I think Alan Moore comes off as friendly and affable in person and on camera, so folks should get a clue instead of only reading his textual interviews and insisting that he's perpetually bitter and grouchy.
That's not an unpopular opinion here at all.

>The radical right already won here, it's the supermajority, and it's just petty to see daily threads attacking the left as if "SJW" "invasions" even stood a chance.
Entertainment has already shown that it's very vulnerable to those kinds of "invasions," due to companies wanting to play it safe and avoid public outcry. And most of the boards on 4chan are related to entertainment fandom.
>>
>>84278140
>There is nothing wrong with animesque art styles.
I agree somewhat, but I think it relies heavily on the execution. The anime gags in Teen Titans were something I really couldn't stand, for example.
>>
>>84284368
Shut up, Scott Fellows, you perverted old tranny.
>>
>>84284784

you forgot your TLH pic
>>
I'm posting the same stuff as I did in the last thread, as well as some additions:

The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke will forever remain as the most overrated Batman stories, and it's not that they're bad, it's that there are better stories out there that are underappreciated.

The best superhero comic run of all time is Johns' JSA (in my opinion of course).

Ennis' reasoning for hating Captain America makes no sense to me, he says it takes away from the tragedy of men who fought in WWII and disrespects them, when the character himself was created by two men who served during WWII.

I love Jack Kirby's art, but he can't draw men's faces for shit, though I find his female faces hot. His storytelling was hamfisted too.

The constant BvS threads are the worst thing to happen to /co/ in a long while, the capekino meme is stupid too.

JSA > JLA

The Max Fleischer Superman cartoons are the definitive version of the character.

I will never watch a video with Chris-Chan in it, but I will read of his exploits.

The Emperor's New Groove is the most underrated Disney movie in my opinion.

I prefer Cars 2 to the first one.

Stop motion animation is my favourite form of animation.

Kaptain Kristian is my favourite /co/ related YouTuber.

Zootopia is the best buddy cop movie since Lethal Weapon.

I like Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil, but everything after that is shite.

I will never watch Steven Universe, simply because it doesn't interest me.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is canon, whether you like it or not.

I prefer Incorruptible to Irredeemable.

The Vision will always be my favourite comic book character.

I never heard of Homestuck until three months ago. I'm still not sure if I should read it or not.

While Alan Moore is a very good writer, I think he should also stop being so cynical and jaded.

I still don't know what John Byrne's fucking problem is.
>>
>>84280735
>>84282072
Well, on one hand, it was literally made by a feminist. There are some pretty redpilled episodes, though, and the small-town setting does support some conservative values like family, tradition, capitalism, and doing one's part. It's telling that Rabid Puppies, a conservative SF group known for its agenda-pushing, got an MLP episode about a Harrison Bergeron-style egalitarian despot into the Hugo Awards shortlist.

>>84282573
He probably means gender norms in fiction, not gender norms that exist in the real world.

>>84276866
It's /tg/-as-fuck high fantasy, mixed with slice-of-life setups, strongly defined characters, expressive art (lest I remind you of the plague of reaction images that begat global 15), a fairly strong continuity, and of course waifus.
>>
>>84285288
I used even be a Faustfag when I was under the impression that completely researched opinion that she was entirely the engine behind the show's wonder.
She started it but had she retained creative control.I am under the sneaking suspicion that she.would have been all too eager to inject THAT agenda into it.
I learned late that McCarthy completely blows her out of the water.
>>
>>84285433
I'm not so sure. It's not like it really crept into Wander, did it? She even made that PPG episode that roasted third-wave feminist misandry. (And before you say she regretted writing it -- she did, but just because it's a volatile subject and it wasn't worth the headache of putting it in a children's cartoon. I even dug up her old ToonZone posts about it because I was curious.)
>>
>>84285433
>>84285288
Season 2 onwards was a drastic improvement, but what is wrong with the show having a feminist undertone? The odd thing is the vast majority of episodes that could be called conservative are from season 1.
>>
Old Spongebob is one of the best cartoons ever made.
>>
>>84282625
Scooby-Doo apocalypse is a great.
>>
>>84282885
I agree with Pixar though.
>>
I don't like the DC superhero girls art, it's too colorful with no contrast colours or any shadows.
ok with the characters

I don't like lumberjanes, too cheesy for me

I like the warcraft movie, I don't get why many cartoon reviewers are getting a hard time being harsh with the fandoms

Gunnerkrigg Court is becoming more and more disappointing as it kept going

I hate Pixar

I'm okay with media having a little feminist undertones, don't mind seeing them
canadian cartoons don't deserve all the hates
>>
66-86 is the peak for Marvel. Cosmic ranging from Infinity Gauntlet to the Giffen/DNA stuff is really all that is worth paying attention to after that. Prior to 1966 stuff is crude, but much of it is enjoyable.

I have tried to resist this opinion, but the last few years have only solidified it.
>>
MrEnter isn't that bad of a reviewer.
>>
Scott Snyder's Batman run was better than Grant Morrison's.
>>
>>84289856
Have you read the entirety of both? Because while Zero Year was fun and his Riddler was great, the Bat Epic seriously changed me as a person.
>>
>>84289891

I've read all of both, yes. The only part of Morrison's run that I can say I enjoyed is Batman & Robin.
>>
>>84284784
>Steven Universe sucks shit and has the worst character designs in a modern cartoon I've ever seen
Dude, that is anything but an unpopular opinion. That's like accepted as fact here
>>
>>84276948

Season 5 was phenomenal until the hiatus after the Tantibus episode. Then the quality fucking tanked. Season 6 was a return to form though. Has two of the funniest episodes in the series so far.
>>
>>84276866
Good characters and decent stories. It's like adventure time done right in a way. Adventures that don't get 2deep4u with angsty philosophy and character developments aren't immediately erased in the next episode and actually built upon across multiple episodes and seasons.

>>84276308
I never really like teen titans even before TTGO. I thought the weird "chibi" shit they always did was cringey as fuck. It also didn't help that they would pull that shit right after or sometimes during serious scenes and muddled up the tone.
>>
>>84290296
Haven't watched season 5 yet beyond the first two parter, only thing I know is the CMC finally get their marks. Was that episode any good or did the writers manage to screw that one up too?
>>
Opinions:
> 4chan has turned into a hang out for normal fags or faggy hipsters. You're either one or the other now, and there is no in between.

>Tumblr is an Okay site, the biggest problem sited are the easily ignoble SJWs who're ironically only powerful because you faggots fed the trolls

>/co/ thinks it's only okay to like a show until /co/ says it's not cool to like a show anymore. You must then wait for said show to become a "classic" and Nostalgia bait before you may resume enjoying show under penalty of being called an annoying faggot.

>The new southpark episodes are absolute shit, and Matt and Tray fucking know this. Go watch the assburgers episodes again. It's telling as fuck.

>Super hero comics are retarded and will remain children's play things until the devs choose to write something mature rather than the Campy or Edgelord standards.
>>
Scrappy Doo wasn't that bad, and was more tolerable at times than Daphne Blake.
>>
>>84290671
It was decent, the marks themselves felt kinda lazy as they are pretty much the same.
>>
>>84280296
Or because anime or manga is only place what hasnt ruined by SJW
>>
File: zutara.jpg (90 KB, 1179x964) Image search: [Google]
zutara.jpg
90 KB, 1179x964
I liked Zutara far more than Kataang (and still do) and I was dismayed to see it get swallowed up by livejournal hambeasts and overanalyzing/shitty photoshop comics. The pairing deserved better than to become a meme.
>>
/mlp/ is proto-/a/. /a/ is a place where the autism has become so condensed and refined that it has transcended autism.
>>
>>84283466
>tumblr on its first year at /co/
>>
>>84291930
Kinda true but that keeps normalfags and reddit out from /a/ most of time.
>>
File: Justice_League_Dark_Vol_1_18.jpg (438 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_Dark_Vol_1_18.jpg
438 KB, 900x1384
>Justice league dark while it could have been a lot better was good
That may be because I think issue 18 was the best single issue of the new 52 though.
>I thought aquamans dcyou arc wasent that bad
I think a lot of people dident like it because they read it issue by issue I read it as a trade so it wasent as bad.
>Constantines nu52 series while bad was not that horrible and I auctualy liked that he learnt to summon a knife.
I know he's not a combative character but his lack of a simple knife summon always bothered me
>Kate leth is right on very (very) rare occasions
>>
99% of superhero comics are boring.

most superhero comic art styles look super generic.

steven universe isn't that great.
>>
>>84291194
> what's a bronyfag
kek
>>
>>84292964
Oh and also as long as we are talking ponys friends forever 3 is the single best comic issue I have ever read (shame most of the pony comics are crap to slightly above average)
Also the good the bad and the ponies is even worse then dragontown
>>
R&M is painfully unfunny and has not a bit of entertaining value to it.
>>
>>84293941
Is that auctualy unpopular few people hate it with a passion but your level of dislike seems pretty common
>>
Elektra was one of the best parts of Daredevil s2
>>
There was no decent western animation series quite in a while. It's not much better with Japan, but at least there was a mindblowing '06-'08 period.

South Park S18 was the funniest season. S19 was the shittiest one, I guess the show is pretty much dead now.

BvS was enjoyable. Civil War is a flick about how Captain America is gay (save for airport fight, it was fun)

Andrew Garfield was a decent Spidey. Liked him more than Toby, this new youngster seems to suck major ass as well.

All the wacky-style western cartoons of Adventure Time descent are bleak rip-offs from Invader Zim. Invader Zim is way more fun.

Rick and Morty is a shit show.

Gravity Falls is unwatchable.
>>
>>84285143
You should read it, but depending on your tolerance to "tumblr-isms" you'll enjoy it less and less as you go on. It never gets anywhere near as bad as Walkyverse or Questionable Content, but you'll come to dislike it in time. Despite that there are enough good things in the story to make it worth finishing, even if by the end you will ultimately grow to hate the comic.
>>
>>84285288
You guys are acting like it's impossible for a show to be feminist in some aspects (mostly relating to the characters) and conservative in other aspects (mostly relating to background and theme).
>>
>>84298281
>Civil War is a flick about how Captain America is gay
I somehow missed that entirely. Mind elaborating?
>All the wacky-style western cartoons of Adventure Time descent are bleak rip-offs from Invader Zim.
Even if they have some similarities and you like Zim better, that doesn't really make them ripoffs of it. They don't use the same story. The art style is actually pretty different. I'm having a hard time seeing why you think they even rely much on things that Invader Zim did.
>Rick and Morty is a shit show.
Pic related.
>Gravity Falls is unwatchable.
I watched the first episode. It seemed fine, though I haven't watched more yet.
>>
>>84276308
The Goths from Ridonculous Race are overrated.
>>
>>84298628

This is all about opinions, so I'm probably super-biased, huh.

>I somehow missed that entirely. Mind elaborating?

I found Cap too obsessed about Bucky. Yes, it's his old friend, but the dynamics between them didn't feel like a buddy one (something Supernatural-style)

As for the Zim reference - yep, probably it sounded like "all modern sitcoms are Seinfeld ripoffs" (though I'm yet to see anything Seinfeld-esque). It's mostly about usage of absurd humour, I guess. For me Zim was the best series ever in this regard.

The picture is actually the type of humour I don't really like and R&M is full of it.

>I watched the first episode. It seemed fine, though I haven't watched more yet.

Seemed too nervous for me, as well as a couple following episodes. Didn't finish it, maybe it gets better
>>
>>84299010
>the dynamics between them didn't feel like a buddy one
I think the idea is they were like brothers, and Bucky is the only other person Cap knows of who might understand his whole "displaced in time" experience.

Also if Cap were actually gay I'd be fine with that.
>>
>>84276308
Super hero movies are boring now. Avengers 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Deadpool are the only good cape movies in years

Comics are like trading card games. That's cool if you're into them, but don't try and pretend they can actually compete on a serious level with better forms of media and entertainment

Family Guy was at its peak from when it was brought back until about 2009-2010. Pre-cancelation FG was terrible

Simpsons have always been meh.

Faust and McCracken prove that even if you're ugly as sin, you can still find a good significant other

S1 SpongeBob sucked

The Drawn Together movie was enjoyable. Not as good as S2, but not as terrible as S3

DBZ was no where near as popular as people make it out to be. Pokemon was more popular. People knew what it was, but the amount of fans who regularly watched it are over exaggerated

/could is in the top 5 best boards and I love all of you
>>
>>84300308
*/co/ is in top 5 boards... Fucking auto-correct
>>
>>84277513
Why? And what do you mean by "gay stuff"?
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.