[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iconic stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: X-Men_v1_141.jpg (82 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_v1_141.jpg
82 KB, 300x465
Have any iconic stories been written in the last few years? I mean stuff that will probably be adapted into movies and arcs in cartoons for years to come.

The most modern one I can think of is Civil War.
>>
Scott Snyder's Batman
>>
Death of Wolverine desu

also Winter Soldier was more recent than Civil War
>>
>>84275939
John's Green Lantern will get retread and adapted to cartoon/movies for years.

Flashpoint is another one, with it already being made into a cartoon and being introduced in the live action series.

Marvel will be Civil War (even though it's not very good.), Planet Hulk and some of the Ultimate character origins/general take. The movies already reflect/utilise a lot of the Ultimate verse.
>>
If Marvel and Fox ever make a deal, Avengers Vs Xmen would make a decent plot.

It would need some retooling though.
>>
>>84275939
I read DoFP a few days ago, and while ut was pretty good, why did they include 3 issues of jean dying, Nightcrawler going to hell and Wolverine fighting a Wendigo in Canada all of which had nothing to do with DoFP?

Flashpoint. It's already been adapted for cartoon movies and referenced in the Flash TV series
Secret Wars maybe?
Avengers vs X-men might be the basis for something later on too.
>>
>>84276132
consider them freebies
IIRC DoFP is only 2 issues
>>
>>84276132
Do you happen to have a direct download link?
>>
>>84276132
Because just the two DOFP issues would have to be blatantly overpriced, so you get the lead-up and lead-out as well. Also, maybe, to introduce you to how comics were back in the 80s.
>>
>>84276229
I miss when arcs were like 6 issues at most, and most comics were self contained to one or two issue stories.
>>
>>84276634
And I miss years-lasting plotlines

and chris claremont is my lord
>>
>>84275991
Was it? Didn't bucky replace stevie when he was shot?
>>
>>84276876
Point is, Bucky was believed to be permadead since the 40s before returning as Winter Soldier, and that was before Civil War.
>>
>>84275939
How modern?
Last 10 years?

Because Under the Red Hood is one, already having an animated movie and video game based from it, and will probably be in DCEU is some way.

Johns' GL

Court of Owls, maybe?

Flashpoint is getting adapted sort of in the show

Johns' Aquaman will probably be like half of Aquaman's movies

Ill eat my shoe if Johns' Shazam isn't most of that movie, should it come out

So if Johns wrote something in the past 10 years it has more a chance than the average story
>>
>>84275939
Random aside but that cover makes me want to know what happened to X-Anon.
>>
>>84276844
Chris Claremont is quite the shit writer though.
>>
>>84276002
>Blackest Night
that's interesting to see adapted
>>
Green Arrow Year One is recent
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.