[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: RobotJones.jpg (19 KB, 301x227) Image search: [Google]
RobotJones.jpg
19 KB, 301x227
Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?
>>
>>84268404
Did somebody just review this show or something?
>>
File: shannon_by_sb99stuff-d9p39ci.png (542 KB, 1428x2400) Image search: [Google]
shannon_by_sb99stuff-d9p39ci.png
542 KB, 1428x2400
>>
>>84268404
remember how there was that running gag where like in every episode jones would open his chest and there would always be something different inside of him (wires, gears, shit like that)?
shit always pissed me off as a kid lol
>>
>>84268563
nope
>>
>>84268767
wasn't there an episode where one of robot jones's bullies gave him the finger?
>>
Shannon Without Your Orthodontic Corrector
>>
>>84268819
Looks like the braces didn't help shit
>>
>>84268742
What is with her leg
>>
>>84268819
you fucking ruined her
>>
>>84269344
Lost it in the Evangelion crossover
>>
File: runningames.jpg (35 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
runningames.jpg
35 KB, 250x238
This massive influx of Robot Jones threads is so fucking surreal.

About a month or two ago I was dicking around on KissCartoon looking for something to watch, and I suddenly remember Robot Jones. I hardly even recalled the show at all other than the fact that I knew it was on Cartoon Cartoon back in the day, even though I never saw it. I flip through an episode or two, and it's just this little robot boy being humiliated amidst an ocean of stock characters even more robotic than he. "Well, this was okay to revisit," I think to myself, "but it's really not that pertinent or memorable."

Then a few weeks later all of these threads start popping up. It's a rare occasion on /co/ when I can actually actively discuss an old cartoon I watched recently, and surprisingly its oldness and irrelevance lead to okay discussion with very little shitposting. A nice change of pace. Then there's another thread and I watch some more of it. Then more threads, for no reason whatsoever. And more watching.

There is absolutely nothing that memorable about this show other than its own obscurity. No overarching plot, no character development, no good humor, no good action. Hell, it's either really mindnumbing or even worse because Robot constantly gets shit on in completely undeserved amounts. And then the threads talking about this are all presented as completely legitimate and not jokingly, like the normal monthly /co/ memes. Just a inexplicable series of threads on a completely standard cartoon that has absolutely no basis for discussion and has never received such discussion, yet now obtains it coinciding with my rewatch.

And yet here I am, posting in yet another ephemeral yet completely earnest late-night Robot Jones thread, while loading up another episode for reasons that are just beyond my own comprehension. What the fuck is this supposed to be telling me. Why the fuck is this happening.
>>
>>84270071
uh okay
>>
>>84270071
I think it's mostly memorable for it's neat character designs and overall aesthetic.

I mean, NOTHING else out there looks like Robot Jones. (except schoolhouse rock, but that's cause it's the same guy).
>>
No but for real. WHAT THE FUCK EVER HAPPENED TO ROBOT JONES!?! I remember it being pretty funny and then it disappeared one day. Totally forgot it existed
>>
>>84270071
inorite?
>>
I remember it dropping off the face of the earth, they randomly reappearing with all the voices changing.
>>
THis is like the third time this happened to me.
>Rewatch Sheep in the Big City only for it to become a flavor of the month one week later
>Rewatch Catdog and one week later there are threads on a daily basis.
>Now Robot Jones

I just finished looking up episodes of Mike Lu and Og. Will that end up having daily threads in the next few weeks?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.