[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 16
what went wrong?
>>
>>84268081
>Not muh
Literally the only argument I've heard against him, it's a fucking else world.
>>
>>84268081
he could had been a perfect riddler
>>
>>84268096
the else world idea for the major movies are some of the worse excuses i see in defense of shitty movies, if this is a Elseworld they could have gone way crazier and made Superman black or a woman or even Batman, Elseworlds were always known for being crazy re-imaginings not adapting everything that celebrated the character

the movies are ment to be adaptions of everything that made Superman and Batman, Superman and Batman
>>
>>84268159
>the movies are ment to be adaptions of everything that made Superman and Batman, Superman and Batman
Says who?

Isn't dark PTSD suffering batman an else world take on the character?
>>
>>84268183
do you think Batman hasnt gad PTSD like shocks before?

also by the logic that it all should be elseworld we really can have Batman be raped in jail and itd be okay because it's an elseword
>>
>>84268096
>le elseworld arugment
>Snyder can get away with doing shitty things in movies because it's an elseworld
I think i can see Zack's logic now, he's not making a superman movie he's making HIS superman movie
>>
>>84268249
>do you think Batman hasnt gad PTSD like shocks before?
Not like in the movie. We haven't seen him so broken that he is verging on villainy.

>also by the logic that it all should be elseworld we really can have Batman be raped in jail and itd be okay because it's an elseword
That's ridiculous hyperbole and a false equivalence.

Let's be clear, fans don't even agree on what it is that makes Superman and Batman great.
>>
>>84268303
Zack has been way off since Man of Steel more then any fan ever, and it's not that ridiculous

if you are okay with a autistic teen Lex because it's an "elseworld", but raped Batman is too ridiculous for you then i dont really see your point
>>
>>84268349
>autistic teen Lex
>raped Batman
Drop the crazy hyperbole.

Personally I think MoS was good, I think it was a valid real world adaption of the Birthright opening and I thought Zod was great. You're opinion isn't more valid than mine and your idea of what makes Superman good isn't objective.
>>
File: 1464005023048.gif (2 MB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
1464005023048.gif
2 MB, 300x226
>>84268414
>our opinion doesnt matter because everyone is different
i dont think so

>>84268107
he really could have been a perfect Riddler
>>
>>84268096
There was nothing good about the character.
It motivation was stupid.
Voice and general acting wasn't very good.
Hair looked dumb.
Eisenberg was a poor choice for the movie.
>>
>>84268453
You just green texted something I didn't say.
>>84268464
I liked that he played everyone and I thought that people focusing on his mannerisms whilst he held all the cards was classic Lex. His red hair wig is straight from Superman: Birthright, one of my favourite superman reads.

I thought his motivations were very simple. As a character, his world view was incompatible with the existence of superman.
>>
>>84268081
He was Lex Luthor instead of another existing/OC character
>>
>>84268081
Because its was Jesse being the perfect example of a miscast. You could probably make drinking game out of each time he stutters or goes MMM!
>>84268096
>Elseworld
Oh fuck off with that weak umbrella excuse. Jesse could of had purple hair and a talking clam sidekick and you'd still parrot elseworld like it fucking means something in this context
>>
File: lex_luthor_by_dimitrosw-d98v3ge.jpg (330 KB, 1280x1829) Image search: [Google]
lex_luthor_by_dimitrosw-d98v3ge.jpg
330 KB, 1280x1829
>>84268414
who tf is it a hyperbole?

>Autistic Teen Lex is okay because its an elseworld
>Batman raped isn't even if its an elseworld

>>84268464
also this, this is probably one of the worse versions of Lex ever, and the cringiest

I honestly went into the movie giving it a major chance, even with a bad Lex cast, i figured hey maybe itd be a nice new deal and he'd eventually grow on me and into the lex we all know and love

we still have some more DC coming and DC see's the mistakes, so New Gods forgive shit works out
>>
>>84268414
>I think it was a valid real world adaption of the Birthright opening

Man, that is an insult to Birthright.
>>
>>84268514
Yes but then folks would have been triggered because "where muh lex".

If you change something old people complain that it's not the same as the old version. If you make something new people complain that the old version isn't there at all.

So then we just get the same bland shit every time and people wonder why film execs treat audiences like retarded children.
>>
>>84268525
>Jesse could of had purple hair and a talking clam sidekick
Why do you guys love resorting to ridiculous hyperbole? The Lex we got was a unique spin on the character, not some random new thing similar only in name.
>>
>>84268081
Casting, directing, writing.
Pretty much everything.
>>
>>84268558
>Man, that is an insult to Birthright.
No it fucking isn't, read the book. Lex is a loner kid who rubs everyone the wrong way. He even has the ridiculous long red hair and would throw humanity under the bus to make a point.

What we got was young Lex, he will mature as the universe grows, I'm happy we don't get the final versions of our characters on first viewing, where else would they grow to after that?
>>
>>84268557
Because Lex isn't autistic in the movie and having a younger version of the character isn't the same as having the main player raped.
>>
>>84268511
not all greentext responses are exactly what you typed bro

>>84268578
because it was done awfully, unique and new but absolute crap

it has little to do with muh, it has to do with it sucking balls

your "s-stop exagerating" crap is pretty lame dude, you say its ok cuz its elseworld, but if it's too ridiculous it isnt, elseworld excuse is okay if you like the character or what?

>>84268569
we've seem to be fine with what other movies and shows have done with there spins on characters, because unlike Lex they were well done
>>
>>84268081
Still better than any MCU villain.
>>
>>84268578
If he was never called Lex at any point, no one would identify him as Lex Luthor given his actions and persona. That alone is enough to be displeased at. This isnt something trivial as Lex having hair for fuck sake, this is getting the character wrong on nearly every level. New does not always equal good
>>
>>84268617
>>84268640
>Because Lex isn't autistic in the movie
even young Lex didn't make me wana quit the movie every time he stuttered
>>
>>84268081
>what went wrong?

Literally everything that can go wrong from concept to casting to execution
>>
>>84268658

Demonstrably not true. Most MCU villains are still better then Lex, at least they're competent at what they're trying to do in the context of the story.
>>
>>84268641
>not all greentext responses are exactly what you typed bro
But it doesn't even capture close to what I said, it's just a straw man.

>you say its ok cuz its elseworld, but if it's too ridiculous it isnt, elseworld excuse is okay if you like the character or what?
I'm saying elseworld is typically a variation on an existing character, not something entirely new. Superman landing in Russia or going bad for example, a simple tweak. The simple tweak we got here was Lex being a younger version of the character and it follows pretty closely to what we saw of him in Flashbacks in birthright.
>>
>>84268641
>we seem to be fine with

No. That's straight up bullshit and you know it, we are never fine about anything.

For fucks sale people bitched about Samurai Jack because now Jack can kill people. People bitched about black people in Star Wars as if it was a new thing. People bitched about a white woman in Doctor Strange.
>>
>>84268661
>If he was never called Lex at any point, no one would identify him as Lex Luthor given his actions and persona.
Read birthright 1-6 or so, then watch BvS. It's Lex.
>>
First problem is that Batman was already the antagonist and he didn't belong in this movie. He wasn't necessary for pitting Batman against Superman because they were doing that themselves. He wasn't necessary for orchestrating all the terrorist anti-Superman shit because they were doing that themselves. The only things he served to do were make Doomsday (who also shouldn't have been in the movie) and kidnap MARFA, both of which only served to undermine his own plan by giving his two enemies reason to team up.

Second is that Eisenberg is an artist actor. No, not autist, artist. He believes in interpreting a character rather than trying to actually replicate them on the big screen. He probably thinks he's the cleverest motherfucker in the world for his version of Lex. I'd be surprised if he read more than a handful of comics in preparation for the role. He probably watched Hackman and said "OK I'm modernizing THAT character" and called it a day. I suppose he did his job well, but Snyder should have been the one to say "no, we're not doing your version of Lex, we're doing Lex".
>>
>>84268658
Loki
>>
>>84268081

Zack Snyder didn't suffer a tragic car accident with his brakelines cut and the steering column locked up three months prior to being signed.
>>
>>84268695
>I'm saying elseworld is typically a variation on an existing character, not something entirely new. Superman landing in Russia or going bad for example, a simple tweak

>a simple tweak
wtf is your idea of a simple tweak, Elseworlds have always been known to be major changed to the characters whole world and characters not just changing one character

>>84268718
>i-it's good casting, r-read Birthright
you can't just assume people didn't like a character because they didn't read a specific book which still is better then the fucking movie
>>
Best live action version of Lex so far.
>>
>>84268718
Since when is birthright the definitive example of Lex Luthor?
>>
>>84268762
>you can't just assume people didn't like a character because they didn't read a specific book which still is better then the fucking movie
I'm not saying you can't like him because they didn't read a book.

I am responding to a comment that said "nobody would ever recognize this as Lex Luthor". If they read birthright they would instantly recognise him.

> Elseworlds have always been known to be major changed to the characters whole world and characters not just changing one character
Yes but typically because of a single thing that then explodes out like a butterfly effect.
>>
>>84268081
bad casting/writing, this version of Luthor could have worked if it wasn't handled by a guy who made Batman go around killing people
>>
File: 5476.png (590 KB, 855x479) Image search: [Google]
5476.png
590 KB, 855x479
Holy fuck I just remembered that the Snyderverse origin for Lex's baldness is that this head got shaved to go to prison

So goddamn hack that in the entire eight decade run of the character I don't think I've ever encountered that interpretation because no one else would dare to be that lazy.
>>
>>84268792
I never said it is, and nobody will agree on a definitive version due to their being so many out there.

What it is, however, is a comic book version of the Lex we got. Something people who call him the riddler/joker don't seem to understand.
>>
>>84268822
>he's my version of Lex and everyone should be pleased with it
>>
>>84268658
Who cares? Why do you faggots do this, every time someone criticizes one of these company's movies, you say "WELL THE OTHER ONE'S ARE WORSE"

I'm a DCfag, I don't like the MCU, and I even like BvS, but I'm so goddamn tired of this crap. Just judge the movies on their own instead of going

>LOL YOUR MOVIE DUMB
>YEAH WELL YOUR MOVIE HAS A CRUSTY DICK
>AT LEAST IT DOESN'T HAVE A DISFIGURED ASS LIKE YOUR MOVIE
>OH YEAH WELL AT LEAST MY MOVIE DOESN'T HAVE SCROTE CHEESE
>BETTER THAN HAVING A GREASY TAINT
>OH YEAH WELL AT LEAST--

Just fucking shut up and kill yourselves
>>
>b-but Birthright!
Birthright is dogshit. Fuck off.
>>
>>84268833
Again, not what I'm saying.

Are you people incapable of following a conversation?
>>
File: LexLuthor2.jpg (54 KB, 255x437) Image search: [Google]
LexLuthor2.jpg
54 KB, 255x437
so will he get a jumpsuit, the robot armor, or that weird shoulderpad thing
>>
>>84268804
>>84268822
At the end of the day its one version of Lex that arguably never caught on. This Lex is just pathetic.
>>
>>84268692

>at least they're competent at what they're trying to do in the context of the story.

They aren't.
>>
>>84268822
>I never said it is,

You implied it though
>>
MMMMMM BOYS
>>
>>84268867
No your literally trying to justify a shit performance because its of ONE comic run
>>
>>84268820
The original movie's was just "his wig fell off".
>>
>>84268867
>Are you people incapable of following a conversation?

Your goalpost moving isn't a conversation.
>>
>>84268867
every time we tell you why Lex sucks you just say read birthright or muh lex

senpai this is a bad Lex, i gave it a chance but i just couldn't stand him he's not even Birthright Lex
>>
>>84268912
>origin for Lex's baldness
>"his wig fell off"
>origin

I don't think you watched the 1978 film correctly
>>
>>84268882
You are correct it didn't catch on, I like it but can concede it clearly hasn't gone over well.

But it's the first appearance in a universe that hopes to span a decade or so. Let him grow and become the Lex we know. I have hopes for him to be alongside Manta in SS2, getting the idea for a battle suit and moving towards the classic Lex character.

I will maintain my rejection that Lex in BvS is unlike anything we have seen before in the comics.

>>84268895
That wasn't my intention. I'm just pointing out that movie!Lex has clear parallels to birthright!Lex and with that reject the notion that we got something totally unseen before.

>>84268930
I'm not moving shit, but people quote my posts and then attack things I didn't say.
>>
His motivation largely. It suffered from being weak and also redundant when compared to Batman's. His god complex was so poorly done while being shoved down our throats way to hard. He was also far to similar to Batman in the fact that they are both these rich boys with a hatred of Superman's power and the wealth and means to try and do something about it. And to top it off this character that hates superhumans, in his final act and culmination of his plans, makes another super powered being.
I honestly enjoyed Eisenberg's acting and the general idea of the character but like most things in the movie the execution largely betrayed the potential.
>>
>>84268942
>every time we tell you why Lex sucks you just say read birthright or muh lex
I'm saying read birthright if you think this Lex doesn't have comic book roots. I can't help it if you think he sucks. I can help it if you don't see parallels between what we got and where it came from.

>he's not even Birthright Lex
Not even from the Flashbacks? I do disagree with that.
>>
>>84268081
He was fine if you didn't consider him Lex Luthor. Hell, he can act. If you kept him and changed the writing for his character he still would have been capable of pulling it off.
>>
File: lexluthor-mkvsdc-white.jpg (80 KB, 800x1180) Image search: [Google]
lexluthor-mkvsdc-white.jpg
80 KB, 800x1180
>>84268879
Probably robot armor, shoulderpad best costume
>>
>>84268960
We're talking about a movie universe that was already at a rocky start and first impressions are everything. This is implying people want to sit through another movie hoping that Lex isnt fucking terrible this time. This movie was 3 hours long and you're telling me we couldnt have Lex grow during that time? Now you're just saying "oh he might be good later!"
>>
The lex from BVS is a L.I.N.O. Lex in name only.
>>
File: FLASH AAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA.gif (1 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
FLASH AAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA.gif
1 MB, 245x140
Golden Age Pre-CoIE Earth-2 Luthor was a lean German with a head full red hair who was a weapon manufacturer/dealer who tried to promote civil war and conflict between countries.

Silver Age Pre-CoIE Earth-1 Luthor was a lean bald crazy-scientist who hated Superman for turning him bald.

Post-CoIE Earth-0 Luthor was a fat bald business man who had no scientific knowledge at all and hated Superman for constantly fucking his plans. He'd hire other people to come up with ideas and build his shit.

Post-Infinite Crisis Earth-0 Luthor was lean bald scientist who grew up with Clark and hated Superman for being superior than him.

Post-Flashpoint Prime-Earth Luthor was a skinny fat bald scientist hired by the army to capture Superman who worked with an alien to do so and later he buffed up while in prison and reformed becoming a member of the Justice League and now a Superman himself.

So what's with the "NOT MUH" or "NOT THE REAL" bullshit?
>>
>>84269033
>Now you're just saying "oh he might be good later!"
No, rather, I expect him to become the bald and assertive type later. If he was quintessiental Lex now, where then does he grow in the future? I hate to point to the MCU, but I find those characters stale now, because they all hit character development goals in their origin movies.

>This movie was 3 hours long and you're telling me we couldnt have Lex grow during that time
We could have, but I think it's still coming. I think he will get a "if you want a job done right" attitude after BvS, because Bats let him down.
>>
>>84269063
Your probably shouldnt make major changes to establish characters when they are going to be the face of that character for the next few years

Not that theres anything wrong with being experimental, but if you do you better hope the writer can write because its going to stick for awhile
>>
Anyway lads, I'm out. Works over. So don't expect many more (yous)
>>
>>84269118
>saying bye on an anonymous message board
What
>>
>>84269085
Superman actually backpedaled from mos to BVS and become emo superman. Do you believe that lex will be any different?
>>
>>84268658
Zemo
>>
>>84269085
>I-Its coming later, its a good thing
Holy fuck man you're in denial.
>>
>>84269186
which movie was he in?
>>
>>84269223
Civil war
>>
>>84269117

The only difference is that Lex has hair and is younger.
>>
>>84269259
Oh wait, was he the dude that showed Tony the video of Bucky killing his parents?

Not trolling or anything, I legit don't remember. What was his role in the plot?
>>
>>84269308
Yes yes birthright whatever

>>84269345
Yes, he kinda triggered this war so he can get revenge on tony and steve by having them all kill each other
>>
>>84268096
>Iron Man 3 lambasted solely over "not muh mandarin!"
>But it's childish if you're doing it over Superman or Lex in MoS or BvS, it's a freaking Elseworld!!
>>
>>84268081
Just about everything.

>>84268096
But I don't want an Elseworld out of a live-action adaptation of some of the most iconic superhero characters ever created, especially one that's supposed to establish the very first live-action cinematic universe based on said superhero characters.
>>
>>84268081
Lucas/Shyamalan-Syndrome

Director gets too much praise and studios start letting him do whatever the fuck he feels like without putting in some fucking people to reign them in and tell them "no, that's a fucking stupid idea" from time to time. As a result their movies get shittier and shittier.

Snyder's got a talent for artistic direction, but he desperately needs people to tell him "no" and exercise some control over his projects. Just look at any project where he's had basically complete freedom (ex. Sucker Punch) - they're all shit.
>>
>>84269423
It was stupid to complain about it then, it's stupid now. Mandarin was good.
>>
>>84269487

So what you want? Earth-2 Alexei, de original Luthor? Earth-1 mad scientist Luthor? The Kingpin Luthor? The Richard Donner/Geoff Johns' Luthor? The Sex Luthor? Which one?
>>
>>84269423

Mandarin twist was the best part of IM3. People are dumb.
>>
>>84269515
Snyder hasn't even gotten that much praise. It's baffling how WB keeps on giving him projects and how much power he has had over the DCEU, when the only two movies he's ever made that were ever 'praised' were Dawn of the Dead, a remake of a classic horror movie, and 300, which didn't even get that much praise, but basically just drew in a ton of hype.
>>
>>84269533
The one thats been the Luthor for the last 200 years, buisnessman/villain who gets away with shit for having money

You know damn well which Lex people wanted
>>
File: Toyman.png (93 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
Toyman.png
93 KB, 350x260
>>84268107
Or Toyman

Especially in the context of a psycho engineer
>>
File: 1459600577205.gif (974 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459600577205.gif
974 KB, 1080x1080
>>84268081
Nothing
>>
>>84269586

But the business man hasn't existed for 200 years. Lex before was mainly a crazy scientist. The business man thing was introduced by John Byrne in the late 80's. turning Lex basically into Kingpin.

I think what most people think when they talk about Lex is DCAU Lex and not much else.
>>
>>84269533
Anon, I'm on your side on this one. I really am. But this was a stupid post, and you know it.
>>
>>84269608
cute
>>
File: dat ass.webm (531 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.webm
531 KB, 640x480
>>84269593
So much this. Honestly, directors really just need to exploit more of Superman's awesome rogue's gallery. There's more out there to fight than just Zod and Luthor.
>>
>>84269533
It's not like they couldn't just go the DCAU route and give us a Luthor that were an amalgamation of several different versions of the character. I mean, that's practically what most people envision when they think of Lex anyway. Just have a billionaire corrupt corporate executive who also happens to be a brilliant mad scientist with some political connections. And DON'T make him a nerdy sperglord, make him an intimidating fucking badass with a commanding, arrogant voice and disposition that makes you feel like he has the balls to take on God himself, just to prove how much greater Lex is. Thing about Luthorberg is that he isn't impressive AT ALL. He comes off as more weird and pathetic than anything else.

Actually I was JUST thinking about this not too long about. It's not even that, since when you get down to it, BvS Luthor was a lot like that anyway. But in addition to being poorly acted and him acting nothing like Luthor in terms of voice, mannerisms, demeanor, etc., the character's motivations are all fucked. In BvS, he goes on about some bullshit about how his dad used to beat him and that made him an atheist, which made him rail against "God", in this case, Superman. But that's stupid since that's Hollywood atheism first of all, and second, Lex Luthor's motivations are so much more complex than that. I mean for christ sakes, Post-Crisis Lex did have an abusive dad iirc, but he never made that big of a deal out of it. I'm sure it affected him on some level, but he killed that motherfucker years before he'd become CEO of LexCorp and didn't think about it much.
>>
>>84269620

But i have a point. There's no single real Luthor. There has been several different takes.

I just hate the "real" argument when discussing anything DC related. Man, do people even know the concept of multiverse?

And let's be honest. People really want is DCAU Luthor when they talk about the "real" Luthor. They want the confident Kojack looking motherfucker with the deep voice.
>>
>>84268081
It turns out "he didn't give a fuck" is not a good reason to cast someone as our lead antagonist.
>>
>>84269662
>Actually I was JUST thinking about this not too long about. It's not even that, since when you get down to it, BvS Luthor was a lot like that anyway.
Samefag here. And by that I just mean the whole, "Being the CEO of LexCorp," thing.
>>
>>84268414
>Personally I think MoS was good, I think it was a valid real world adaption of the Birthright opening
I can, off the top of my head, think of at least 5 reasons why that is bullshit and begs the question as to whether or not you've even read birthright.
>>
>>84269687

>They want the confident Kojack looking motherfucker with the deep voice.

I'm sure this would trigger /co/ but I'm genuinely sad that Denzel Washington didn't play Luthor. He was in the running.

If anyone could have sold the bullshit in BvS it would have been Denzel.
>>
>>84269687
>But i have a point. There's no single real Luthor. There has been several different takes.
I dont understand, i think when anyone thinks of Luthor you can grasp the concept of which they are talking about

And on that point, this Lex was shit either way
>>
what's fucked up is you can see the seeds of a great luthor in social network
>>
>>84269687
People just want whatever the character is known as at that point in time. In popular culture, Luthor is the bald guy billionaire who is the smartest guy in the world and also husbando material.

I do agree with you that I appreciate deviations as that's how characters can be explored and evolved. Luthor became what pop culture knows him as today because someone deviated from what he was before.

Joker from the Keaton film is another good example. A criminal that was created by Batman because he created Batman first. It was an interesting idea, even though it never stuck (for the better, imo).

I can understand why people hate this Lex, even though I loved him in every scene except for his speech at that big event. That one got a bit weird.
>>
File: Superman - Birthright 06-011.jpg (963 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Birthright 06-011.jpg
963 KB, 1988x3056
>Read Birthright! That's the Lex they use!
As a fan of Birthright, please. Fuck right off.
Birthright Lex has his shit together. He's not a stammering sperg.
>>
>there are people who will literally defend snyder of all people
>>
>>84269795
>there are people who will draw starws to defend a shitty Lex
>>
>>84269768
Outside of maybe one scene in the board room with the lawyers I don't know if that's true. The Social Network had me googling Zuckerberg to see if he was neurotypical or not.
>>
>>84269662

> In BvS, he goes on about some bullshit about how his dad used to beat him and that made him an atheist, which made him rail against "God", in this case, Superman.

That's a gross simplification, though.

DCEU Lex thought that those with power can't be innocent, because his dad played the nice card when he was a ruthless bastard that abused him, and Lex eventually became just as ruthless and took his father's company.

So Lex thought that before as a nice guy he had no power, suffering under his dad's fists, and he only gained power when he became just as ruthless as his dad. So only weak people can remain good while powerful people by the very fact that they have power are ruthless.

DCEU Lex also wanted to have power over everyone one. Everything had his hand in it. Lex thought that knowledge was power, but that became paradoxical when Superman showed up, because despite all the knowledge and means Lex had he didn't have power over Superman, something that changed when he played his cards and created Doomsday.

That's my opinion on the character, anyhow.
>>
>>84269778

He would sperg when younger. You're posting an image of grown up Lex.
>>
>>84269549

>300
>not much praise

It's like you didn't exist in 2006
>>
>>84269837
I'll have to rewatch the movie but to be fair, none of that really screams "Lex Luthor" either.
>>
>>84269880
Lots of critics and even a lot of normal movie goers hated it though. It only has a 60% on RT. And the movie has been accused of being racist, which plenty of people picked up as well.

Lots of people remember 300 but I don't think anyone ever remembers it as a GOOD movie.
>>
File: Superman - Birthright 07-017.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Birthright 07-017.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84269856
Nope. He's still fairly eloquent and composed. But thanks for playing. Your consolation prize is being wrong.
>>
>>84268081
>unironically hiring Zack Snyder to make one of your movies
>>
>>84269924
>. It only has a 60% on RT.
Oh honey. Don't you know that the only metric that actually matters when judging a film's quality is /tv/'s memes?
>>
>>84269942

He seems a little autistic there.
>>
>>84269960
If you think that's even remotely near Eisenberg levels then I have to wonder about you.
>>
>>84270005

Eisenberg was more friendly.
>>
Yeah in all honesty, I cannot watch this shit right here and think, "Yeah, this is Lex Luthor."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuwNhed4ObU
>>
File: Superman - Birthright 08-002.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Birthright 08-002.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84270055
Ignoring the goalpost move there, that's kind of part of the problem and why comparing Birthright Lex to Eisenberg Lex is a horrible idea.

Birthright Lex is too good for everybody and bored by them. At no point does he ever bother to put on the buddy buddy act.
>>
>>84268081
Almost everything he said and did was hilarious in a movie that wasn't meant to be a comedy.
>>
>>84269880

300 is the ultimate example of a flash-in-the-pan movie. Everyone lost their minds when it came out and ten years later barely anyone remembers it outside of the dank memes.

>>84270088

Goddamn I forgot just how over-the-top he was. It sounds like he's about to cum in his pants after every line.

>MMMM

>MMMM MMM MMMMM

>MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>84270088
god damn I love this scene
>>
>>84270088

Such a great scene.
>>
>>84270211
>>84270291
I hope you both are joking.
>>
>>84270301
Nope. Gave me chills in the theater.
>>
>>84270301

It's a really neat and emotional scene and Jesse acted well. You can see the excitement, anger and pride in his face, mannerisms and voice. He's not DCAU Lex, he's very different take, but the dude acted well for whatever it was worth.
>>
>>84268081

honestly, he was fine. look at what he had to work with. I could vibe with a mark zuckerberg mother fucker going after superman, but fuck did they over do everything. its not the casting, look at the shit he had to say. you think anyone else would have had a better shot at that fucking script?
>>
>>84268722

>First problem is that Batman was already the antagonist and he didn't belong in this movie.

fucking this.
>>
>>84270301
Neither of those guys but I thought the fact he brought Superman down to his knees was great.

Also there is this BTS extras from the film incase anyone is interested.

http://www.bilibili.com/mobile/video/av5133313
>>
>>84270088

what the fuck are you talking about? this is fucking lex.
>>
>>84269732
Training day lex would have been vastly better than what we got
>>
>>84270320
>>84270335
>>84270368
Shit fucking taste.

>>84270396
>acts more like the Joker
>"this is totally Lex Luthor guys"
fuck you
>>
Too much riddler, not enough bane
>>
>>84270487

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZCNDwKgi7o
>>
>>84270368
>I thought the fact he brought Superman down to his knees was great.
Suerman Returns Lex did that too.
As did Reeves Lex.
And DCAU Lex.
And I think so did Smallville Lex.

That's not a fucking accomplishment. That's barely the entry pass.
>>
>>84270641
This was legitimately better than Eisenberg's Lex.

>>84270757
This.
>>
>>84270088
>angry face
>"I'll take you in without breaking you
and people say Snyder doesn't understand Superman. That sounds exactly like something Superman would say IN FUCKING BIZARRO WORLD. FUCK YOU SNYDER YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
He should've just been the Riddler
Those mannerism just doesn't suit Lex
>>
>>84268557
He was just so fucking awful and fit exactly zero possible versions of the character; at the very least I expected a character that was intelligent. It was like he got a memo intended for Jared Leto, and ended up doing his damnedest to act like his vision of the Joker. He managed to disappoint even my low expectations, and the jar pissing gag was the icing on the cake.
>>
>>84268081

It would be easier to ask what went right...I think.
>>
File: 1465602687680.gif (3 MB, 480x369) Image search: [Google]
1465602687680.gif
3 MB, 480x369
>>84269527
>>84269545

>Iron Man 3
>Mandarin
>Good

Seriously consider killing yourself
>>
Lex was riddler
Batman was Batofmurder
Superman was raped
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.