[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did CN get rid of the noods gimmick? It should really comeback.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Capacity.png (175 KB, 468x300) Image search: [Google]
Capacity.png
175 KB, 468x300
Why did CN get rid of the noods gimmick? It should really comeback. They had some cool commercials and it could have sold a lot of merchandise. WTF was wrong with them?
>>
>>84266726
Because the deco art toy movement is as dead as disco. Thanks, Funko Pop.
>>
Have some nostalgia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFC8w9lJpb8
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
Thanks OP I had forgotten about this
>>
>>84266726
Why did CN get rid of CN city?
Why did CN get rid of Cartoon Cartoon Friday?
Why did CN make CN real?
CN is unpredictable
>>
>>84266726
They didn't want live noods on children's tv.
>>
>>84266726
My favorites will always be the halloween ones because of how cool they were
Like, giant noods walking across the town at night with purple fog n shit everywhere
good times man
>>
File: bad things.jpg (7 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
bad things.jpg
7 KB, 233x217
>>84268207

>CN City and the other bumpers they use to do

>Cartoon Fridays and Saturday morning cartoons

>The songs they use to do like the EEnE one or the Powerpuff girls one

It was the small things that we don't take for granted that end up hurting us the most
>>
>>84268291
remember those presidential campaign bumpers they aired during the '04 elections? the one where fucking plank from EEnE ran for president?
god damn time flies man
>>
>>84268207
CN city and Cartoon Cartoon Friday gave CN a realistic vibe, that the cartoon characters actually ran the network, it was also great to see the cartoon characters interacting with people from other shows, I don't get nostalgic much but seeing the CN city bumpers make me feel it hard
>>
>>84268341

I remember having to mute my TV because they made it so depressing

>at the end it would show a burnt version of plank
>>
>>84268387
Is there any footage of the burnt plank one on youtube or something? I remember seeing it once on TV as a kid and it was weird as fuck but I never saw it again.

Speaking of depressing, I always found that one plank music video to be oddly sad. I once had a dream about it where Johnny died and Plank was crying about it as a kid and it was fucking weird as shit
>>
>>84268207
>>84268291
remember when they didn't have adult swim on fridays?
>>
Fuck it, can someone make a compilation of all the old shit CN use to do? I can only remember

>CN City

>Cartoon Fridays

>Songs

>Movie Theater with all the cartoons

>Noods

>Event Crossovers (Aliens, Halloween, etc)

>>>84268427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqPIfL-EGQ is the only footage I can find and even then no dice...maybe we all had a fever dream

>>84268466

Didn't they just play cartoons like popeye, tom & jerry, and looney tunes?
>>
>>84268503

>Elections

>Toonami/Miguzi

>Saturday morning anime/action cartoons

>Space Ghost and Brak

>Cartoon Pilots

Should I include old adult swim stuff?
>>
>>84268503
jesus the forest fire one is freaky as hell
like imagine being a little kid and seeing this on TV damn
>>
>>84268207
Remember when CN used to actually show christmas movies on Christmas day? if I remember last christmas they didnt show any christmas related shows
>>
>>84268564
the fuck?
not showing any holiday-related movie in december must be a crime against humanity or something
>>
>>84268564

They just air christmas themed episodes (or shit that just happens to take place in ice/snowy areas)

I think they played grandma got ran over by a reindeer though
>>
>>84268672
I remember being at my parents house for christmas with the TV on CN for my cousins and they had normal TTG episodes on, not even the christmas related ones
>>
>>84268207
No executive wants to run the same bumpers as the previous executive or else they will look redundent. You have to make some sort of change, or else your peers won't know you're doing anything at all.
>>
>>84268564
Didn't last year they just played Johnny test all day?
>>
>>84268870
this
as cool as it was, more likely than not it would of grown stale after a while.
>>
City was objectively their best bumpers. Nothing has ever come close since
>>
>>84268870
>>84268940

It's been about 7-10 years since so it would be nice if they could at least but the magic would probably be gone... How many original shows does CN even have airing now?
>>
>>84269079
We Bare Bare
Clarence
Gumball
TTG
PPG
Regular Show
Adventure Time?
those are the ones that are still in production
>>
File: 90s+kid.png (745 KB, 946x1012) Image search: [Google]
90s+kid.png
745 KB, 946x1012
>>84268503
I hate nostalgiafagging but I can't help myself when it comes to old CN bumpers. They were clever and organic. All the meta was kept out of the canon and in the commercials. Even stuff that was completely new was creative. They took a chance on relatively obscure artists to make the groovies and it worked out great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSH0hyUWJcY
everyone has a favorite groovie and discovered at least one new artist through one. I can't stress how important experimentation is when it comes to cartoons. fuck, even Adult swim broke new ground by taking old cartoons and tweening them and putting over ridiculous dialoge over it. these days it's all about THAT SICK REFERENCE and INTERNET HUMOR.

Kids today. They don't know. They missed out
>>
>>84268207
>Why did CN make CN real?
Stuart Snyder was too focused on competing with the Disney Channel.
>>
>>84269285
>Disney is killing itself with shitty live action shows!
>We must model this to compete with the dying channel!
>>
>>84269079
>>84269232
>CN Studios
Adventure Time
Regular Show (both on their last legs)
Uncle Grandpa
Steven Universe
Clarence
We Bare Bears
nuPPG
upcoming Ben 10 reboot
Ok KO
Long Live the Royals (both confirmed by Animation Guild Blog)
upcoming Mighty Magiswords full series

>WB Animation (most of these shows are shunted to Boomerang)
TTG
Tom and Jerry Show
Wabbit
Be Cool Scooby Doo
Bunnicula
Justice League Action (upcoming)

>Other companies
us broadcasting rights to Pokemon
Ninjago
Sonic Boom
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Lego Nexo Nights
>>
>>84269310
Actually if I'm not mistaken, a lot of their shows got high as fuck ratings.
>>
>>84269341
>>WB Animation (most of these shows are shunted to Boomerang)
mostly because WB wanted to make Boomerang an established network despite Boomerang a premium channel no one has
and even after that CN is shit with dealing with WB, they barely advertised the shows and didn't advertise that those shows were even gonna be on Boomerang
hell i almost feel like TTG airs so much because of contract, like WB was so pissed about what happened with DC Nation they decided the only way they'd get TTG is if they air it all the time
>>
>>84269424
>DC Nation
It hurts.
>>
Anyone remember the Top 5 Block?
>>
>>84269424

All the shit that we nostalgiafag about should be on boomerang now anyways...

Teen titans never ;_;
>>
>>84268564
Do they still air Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer?
>>
>>84268870
How long have the current style of bumpers been running?

It's getting a bit boring.
>>
>>84269867
Yes.
>>84269884
The current bumpers were used from June-September last year, and just started to be reused following CN's rebrand in June. The CN Sayin kids that have been used since 2014 have been gone from normal bumpers since the June 2016 rebrand (known as Dimensional, Check it name is now dead), save for special occasions (Father's Day), Yoursday, and a 1 minute music video ident. CN Saying was on movie bumpers too but as of this month, now they just use regular ones.
>>
File: 1403740001766.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1403740001766.png
130 KB, 396x381
>>84266866
here have some better nostalgia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_1G0iWgGis
>2006 was 10 years ago
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.