[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/, long time no see. I've been a nostalgia fag and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Sonic-Michael-Jackson.jpg (69 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-Michael-Jackson.jpg
69 KB, 1600x900
Hey /co/, long time no see.

I've been a nostalgia fag and in a Sonic mood to read some comics. I recently downloaded a torrent with all the archie comics up to a year ago or so. I've always wanted to check them out but never did because it felt too difficult to get into it and later because it felt too furry.

So I don't want to make my way through hundreds of issues of soap opera crap. I liked SATAM as a kid but it's not really something I care about now. So let me see if I understand things correctly..

First issues were slapstick shit until show got cancelled and then they were able to continue the story as they saw fit and finished the storyline. After that they went on with overdramatic shit that created the sonic furry fandom until the writer got replaced and then made things a little easier to get into but still had all those ORIGINAL CHARACTER The Hedgehogs running around a more sega sonic universe. Then that previous writer sues, they have the Mega Man crossover and reboot a la DC where things technically happened but didn't really in this new continuity. is this where I should start off from? Or is it really likely that they'll reboot again with none of the furry shit and go straight video game adaptations?
>>
There's a pretty good guide floating around somewhere, but the gist of it is read the first few issues and then skip to #160
>>
File: THE ALL KNOWING GUIDE.png (1 MB, 1320x1001) Image search: [Google]
THE ALL KNOWING GUIDE.png
1 MB, 1320x1001
>>84264396
I gotchu fampai, just started going through this the other day.
>>
>>84264951
And what is worth reading from that list?
>>
>>84264577
Lemme see if I can find it.

Nope. Found the Punisher rec list, an older version of what >>84264951 posted, and /co/'s recommended X-Men guide, but can't find the fucking sonic guide that showed the general quality of the comic over time.

Since I can't find it, I'll just put it like this. The only part of the beginning I can recommend are roughly the first 50 issues. They really aren't that good, either art or writing, but it was half-way decent for what it was.

Then continue reading until you just can't take any more of Pender's Wild Ride, and jump to issue 160 and continue from there. But you can easily skip to 160 with no major loss. With the reboot, you can jump to 252 and not be lost.
>>
When is the next ride?
>>
I personally only read the Sonic the Hedgehog comics, I might read Sonic Universe though.

I hate almost everything pre-reboot so I started out at issue 252. I'm reading the comics at Scanf and just finished the Champions arc.

I don't like Megaman so I don't really want to read the Worlds Collide issues. Are they in an alternate universe? Because I don't want to read them, but I also don't want to miss out on important information. I just skimmed through the first issue and I didn't see that much info.
>>
>>84264396
oh shit waddup
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.