[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Invincible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160704-190853.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-190853.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
Marvelfag here but read a shitload of d.c. before you could only read one. Marvel succs now outside of vision and I'm not a huge d.c. guy so I want to give invincible a try. Co/ makes it sound badass but where do I start? Wasn't it just rebooted? Is it worth buying tpb? Should I skip any of it ?
>>
>>84262010
>where do I start?
Issue 1.
>>
File: 1427772310067.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1427772310067.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84262010
>but where do I start?
From the beginning. Duh.

Seriously though, it's only like 120 issues, they're all findable online, and it's a pretty quick read to binge through.

>Wasn't it just rebooted?
No. Without getting too much into it, the "reboot" was a fakeout.
>>
File: 1444862217-sideeye.jpg (27 KB, 634x351) Image search: [Google]
1444862217-sideeye.jpg
27 KB, 634x351
>>84262010
>d.c.
>>
>>84262010

/co/ highly overrates it but it's pretty solid. It basically reads as America shonen.
>>
>>84262077
>WRAKKADOOM!!
Invincible has the best onomatopoeia
>>
>>84262564
That's Walt Simonson, plebian.
>>
>>84262010
I just read it for the first time. The first two years worth of issues just feel like any other tired Superman/Justice League/Teen Titans/Kon-El rip-off that every other person without an original idea comes up with.

There are some 'twists' and people die more, there's way more blood and gore, WAAAAY too much fucking crying, and the only different thing about it from most DC/Marvel fare of the past decade is that a decent chunk of it happens in outer space.

So if when you were reading DC, you liked stuff like Nova and Carnage and you are easily amused and value gore, punching, blood and guts above all, I'd check it out, but if I hadn't been laid up for two weeks, I doubt I would have read all fucking 120 issues (BTW, I got all the trades from my library and I skimmed a bunch of it).
>>
>>84262010
Invincicuck is the best Supercuck from the Cuckman verse
>>
>>84262010
OP, the spelling you used, succs, specifically refers to sucking in a sexual manner.
>>
>>84262010
They should filter fag into English Cigarette
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.