[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this guy was a total fraud, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: walt-disney.jpg (597 KB, 2773x2092) Image search: [Google]
walt-disney.jpg
597 KB, 2773x2092
So this guy was a total fraud, right?
>>
He was a total cunt.
>>
File: 1467490199019.jpg (153 KB, 659x630) Image search: [Google]
1467490199019.jpg
153 KB, 659x630
>>
>>84258107
Quite the opposite. All the anti-Walt faggotry is just because he refused to be cucked by the other studios and didn't do things their way.

>>84258364
See above, faggot.
>>
he got away with it
>>
>>84258417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anxoxx2KTNI

He's like a hundred times worse version of Stan Lee.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
His Disneyland statue needs an Ub Iwerks statue built next to it.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>84258455

>A revelation of the darker side to Walt Disney's character looking at his racist, anti-Semitic, misogynist tendencies which finally led to a pathological hatred of communists and an active particpation in McCarthy's House Committee on Un-American Activities.

Those were pretty normal beliefs at the time, and why wouldn't he dislike Communists? They were against what the United States stood for
>>
>>84258107
He was a ruthless businessman but also very innovative and passionate about animation and science.
>>
Other than the disturbing number of photo-ops he did where he's at a drawing board with a sketch of Mickey someone else at the studio made, the company is right to celebrate him. Disneyland amongst other things wouldn't exist unless he didn't come up with it, pushed for it, and wasn't so charming of a presenter on television.
>>
File: walt.jpg (16 KB, 236x289) Image search: [Google]
walt.jpg
16 KB, 236x289
>>84258557
It was more about the fact that according to that documentary Walt called everyone that he disliked and everyone who disagreed with him a communist. According to the documentary he hired the mob to threaten his employees who were on a strike. They also say that he takes credit for everything and never shares it with the people who actually made the films, there's even a museum with Walt Disney's artwork and none of the drawings are drawn by him.

Picture related, it's Walt Disney posing with a drawing that he didn't even draw.
>>
>>84258107
He was a visionary. He made some questionable decisions, as people do, but he had an overall good impact on the world and the world would have benefited from him living longer. You're only conditioned to dislike him because he didn't toe the line properly and the elite don't like that. You're allowed to like the Disney brand because they profit from it, but you're meant to be distrustful of Walt.
>>
>>84258107
he hated jews so therefore besed as fuck.
>>
File: quotewaltdisney.jpg (100 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
quotewaltdisney.jpg
100 KB, 700x396
>>
File: 1465326484547.jpg (416 KB, 1950x1598) Image search: [Google]
1465326484547.jpg
416 KB, 1950x1598
Can't fault the Walt
>>
>>84258455
>racist, anti-semitic
Literally this whole site, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>84258987
Watch the documentary. He took credit from the actual artists.
>>
>>84258455
literally only jews have ever accused him of any of that and they aren't exactly objective

remember that walt was the only non-jewish studio head in hollywood history and they hate him for that because he's the only guy they didn't control
>>
>>84258455
>Racist, anti-Semitic, anti-communist
What's wrong in either of those. Is it bad to make the place you live a better place.
>>
File: 887.gif (1000 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
887.gif
1000 KB, 500x256
>>84259049

k /pol/

This has nothing to do with his horrible bigotry, it has to do with him being a hack fraud and a thief.
>>
>>84258557
>>84258838
>>84258987
>>84259049
>>84259071

We get it, you're fitting in. Now stop posting.
>>
Many forget how he inspired others overseas. I'm a huge fan of the Soviet cartoons my parents showed me as a kid, and nearly all of them were in some way inspired by Disney's work.
One great example is the bremenski muzikanti, maybe it's my nostalgia but I adore that cartoon.
>>
He's responsible for the uncreative IP harvesting company that is Disney.
Fuck him.
>>
>>84259270

Yes my delicate tumblr sensibilities are offended by your rampant shit posting of off topic thread derailing /pol/ trash

Kill yourself faggot
>>
File: mona_lisa_2b.jpg (19 KB, 259x231) Image search: [Google]
mona_lisa_2b.jpg
19 KB, 259x231
>>84259270
>heh
>>
He was just a business man. He takes credit for things he didn't do and rides the coattails of others. Like some other Jew I know.
>>
File: billy-bat-1223369.jpg (164 KB, 1200x855) Image search: [Google]
billy-bat-1223369.jpg
164 KB, 1200x855
yes
>>
itt buttmad "cartoonists" they arent walt
>>
>>84259747
i sure hope you aren't talking about me
>>
Y'know, I've often seen Walt accused of antisemitism and racist but i've never seen concrete proof to the fact that he was, or at least anymore so then the average joe at the time. Nothing like Henry Ford distributing The International Jew or other similar acts.So, was Walt really racist/antisemitic or has his anticommunist stance been conflated with other issues of the times?
>>
>>84259854
His views at the time weren't really anything out of the ordinary.

He fucking hated Unions and was known to feel deeply betrayed when some of employees tried to unionize or left the company.

One of the pro-Union guys had kinda a grudge that went both ways.
>>
>>84259854
The antisemitism thing comes from a tabloid style tell all book from the 70's. That stuff stuck for a lot of people, which is why you see it as a joke in so many cartoons. People have just accepted it as fact even though there's nothing to support it.

Whether he was racist, maybe. Bill Melendez said he was. But then there's him apparently treating James Baskett very well, so who knows.

He was really anti-communist though. He thought his workers going on strike in the 40's was a communist conspiracy out to get him and he fucked over many of his workers cause of it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.