[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: it's 1999
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13
File: file.png (292 KB, 638x476) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292 KB, 638x476
>this SpongeShit is all over Nick now

It's over, guys. This cash cow's gonna kill the network. This'll get 9 seasons and 2 movies while a better show like Angry Beavers or KaBlam gets a season or two at best.
>>
Mama, why is this man so angry about a cartoon?
>>
>>84257325
>Gonna kill the network
>Gonna
>Because the decade of ugly fucking pastel coloured unfunny shit didn't do that already
>Because axing Invader ZIM wasn't burning the last bridge off shit island
>Them over hyping spongebob is a new thing
You don't actually watch cartoons or even TV in general, do you?
>>
File: Angelamon.png (174 KB, 476x334) Image search: [Google]
Angelamon.png
174 KB, 476x334
>>84257325
>poor kid's rocko
>and the show that spawned angela
No, spongebob's only real competition at the time was Rugrats and Invader Zim (the latter was cancelled in favor of spongebob dude to Jhonen spending the budget all on cgi.).
>>
File: Eds.gif (32 KB, 400x210) Image search: [Google]
Eds.gif
32 KB, 400x210
Holy fuck the animation in this show is awful, but fuck me if it isn't funny
>>
File: 2b1139d54bfc.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
2b1139d54bfc.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
so when is this getting cancelled?
>>
>>84257325
Spongebob (at least the non-whiney pre-2009 one) is a timeless classic and if I ever have kids it'll be one of the few cartoons i'll actually let them watch.
>>
File: 1466028658470.png (606 KB, 968x680) Image search: [Google]
1466028658470.png
606 KB, 968x680
>>84257498
>that existed
>>
>>84257433
It was cancelled due to encouraging active thought in children and credit away from rugrats and all of its various ugly fucking spin offs. They didn't want kids realizing that there are better cartoons out there so they created so much red tape to strangle Vasquez out with frustration.
>>
>>84257489
This shit makes me eyes and ears bleed. I change it before that whistle can finish.
>>
How do the Simpsons stay fresh after all these years?
>>
>it's 1999
>I'm 3
>4chan doesn't exist
>my house doesn't even have a working computer and internet connection yet

?????
>>
File: Cartoon city.jpg (108 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon city.jpg
108 KB, 1191x670
>>84257489
You know what I also miss? The cartoon city. it was just 10 second clips of the characters interacting with each other in between shows, but it made the characters seem more real when I was a kid.
>>
FACT: NEWGROUNDS WAS FUNNY WHEN WE WERE ALL 12 LIVING IN THE SUBURBS LISTENING TO LINKIN PARK WATCHING DRAGONBALL Z DRINKING PEPSI WHILE PLAYING HALO CO-OP ON THE EASIEST SETTING DURING WHICH WE CONSUMED DORITOS AND LOOKED AT PAINTBALL GUNS ON EBAY IN INTERNET EXPLORER CONNECTED THROUGH AOL ON A 56K MODEM BEFORE HOPPING INTO OUR BALDING FATHERS' LATEST MIDLIFE-CRISIS-IMPULSE-SPONSORED JAPANESE-BUILT SUV TO HEAD TO THE MALL AND GET MORE SKATEBOARDING SHOES AND THIRD-RATE IRREGULAR LEVIS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE PARTS BEFORE HEADING HOME, VOTING DEMOCRAT AND MASTURBATING TO THE LATEST SEARS CATALOG WHILE HUFFING PAINT IN YOUR GARAGE BEFORE TALKING TO PEDOPHILES ON AIM PRETENDING TO BE WHATEVER CAMWHORE THEY'RE RANTING ABOUT ON MYSPACE WITH A MATRIX QUOTE/ANIME CHARACTER NAME/TRIPLE SIX-ASTERISK-PARENTHESES-SURROUNDED SCREENNAME BEFORE HEADING TO YOUR SUPPOSED "GOOD SCHOOL" IN THE MORNING TO BUY MORE POT TO SMOKE DURING YOUR COUNTER-STRIKE LAN PARTY WITH JIMMY AND THE REST OF HIS FRIENDS TAKING RITALIN AND ADDERALL AND PROZAC EIGHT TIMES A DAY BEFORE TAKING A CASUAL PASS AT LOCAL, STATE OR NATIONAL GOVERNMENTAL FIGURES, LEGISLATURE, OR STRUCTURE TO APPEAR EDGY AND INTELLIGENT IN FRONT OF YOUR BUDWEISER-SNEAKING, LIMP-WRISTED, NEAR-TO-COLUMBINE SOCIOPATHIC "DEEP" FRIENDS WHO PLAY THE VICTIM WHEN THEY START LOSlNG ARGUMENTS SIX DAYS BEFORE THEIR BOTCHED SUICIDE ATTEMPT SIMPLY BECAUSE SCHOOL TRAMP NUMBER TWELVE WOULDN'T GO UNDER THE BLEACHERS WITH THEM TO LET THEM GET TO SECOND BASE BEFORE THEIR THIRTEENTH BIRTHDAY.
>>
>>84257591
Even the bumps of the cartoon character working together in that office building made it feel more real.
But now we just have garbage that takes no effort to make.
>>
File: 1467464864484.jpg (40 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
1467464864484.jpg
40 KB, 638x638
>>84257601
>>
>>84257591
i remember waking up the day they did this and getting mad over the logo change. i thought it was the beginning of the end, especially with that live-action Fridays garbage.
>>
>>84257671
I was more upset about the city stuff being phased out for that Fred Fredburger bullshit.
Now they don't even put any effort into the stuff inbetween the shows.
>>
i really miss all of those game shows on GAS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8J4cEfevyY

It was too good for our world.
>>
>>84257762
Phineas and Ferb was shit.
>>
>>84257601
Get the fuck outta here Pan.
>>
>>84257809
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84257875
He means 'im a samefag trying to derail the thread with obscure fucking nonsense ignore me'
>>
File: johnnybravo4.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
johnnybravo4.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
Man, they change the art style of Johnny Bravo
>>
I liked spongebob when it came out, i would put it on as background noise while playing pokemon with my cousin.
>>
File: 1I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU.gif (968 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
1I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU.gif
968 KB, 245x160
Nick lacks proper action shows these days.

I have this great idea for a Nick show that might make it big. Its about a bald 112 year old kid who was frozen in an iceburg for 100 years and he controls all 4 elements

Once that show makes it big i'll write a spiritual successor about an ugly brown girl with small tits with the IQ of a brick
>>
File: pilotjen.jpg (144 KB, 1024x800) Image search: [Google]
pilotjen.jpg
144 KB, 1024x800
I wanna clang this robot.
>>
>>84257671
Same here, man what a nostalgia trip. I remember thinking that stupid new logo was the dumbest shit ever.
>>
>>84257581
Have you watched the newest season. Almost al the episodes are awful. Besides, Family Guy is where it's all at now.
>>
>>84257591
I loved that.
>thhey got rid of cartoon cartoon fridays
>>
>>84257325
My sister just HAD to use the phone when I clicked on this thread. I had to wait 40 minutes to get back on, fuck dial-up.
>>
File: yq5yvygoowktctsqq8ld[1].jpg (952 KB, 1890x1080) Image search: [Google]
yq5yvygoowktctsqq8ld[1].jpg
952 KB, 1890x1080
>>84258147
> Korra
> Small tits
I was grossly disappointed in that show, but you're just making shit up. Considering how tight most of her tops are those are like low-end Cs, minimum.
>>
File: swpmpicture.jpg (495 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
swpmpicture.jpg
495 KB, 1000x1500
Who else here is excited for the new Star Wars movie coming out? George has been working on it for almost 16 years so you know it's gonna be amazing!
>>
HOLY SHIT DID THEY JUST KILL THE PINK RANGER!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCjVPaiQsEw
>>
I can't wait for the Dreamcast. Finally, Sega will retake its rightful place as the greatest vidya company ever!
>>
>>84257591
I will never forget this shit, it was so mother fucking comfy to me. I loved the bumps with the nice blue kind of city scapes and flickering street lamps and then seeing the characters interacting, the hosts of Cartoon Cartoon Fridays werent even that bad. Good fucking times, my favorite incarnation of CN. I remember when they made the switch I pissed at first but it wasnt long before I found it absolutelycomfy.jpeg
>>
Hey did you guys know that if you beat the Elite 4 365 times in a row you can re-board the SS Anne? Also don't forget about the truck near the SS Anne that has Mew under it.
>>
>>84259933

I heard you can go in that grass behind Bill's house and catch a Pikablu.
>>
>>84257489
>animation
I wouldn't call it awful, from a technical stand point. Just very ugly.
>>
>It's another side-characters episode
When's Goku gonna beat up Cell? I'm running out of Oreo O's and it's too far away to go to the Wal-mart by scooter.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 480x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 480x575
>>84259215
oh
>>
>>84257601
did someone say newgrounds?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1sG4c0dqpI
>>
>>84257591
> it's 1999
I only recognize Ed Edd Eddy. Who is the boy and blonde girl?
>>
>>84259215
Fuck that shit! I'm waiting for the next Mad Max. That'll be out soon, right?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.