[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekly write thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
>Can you provide a link to your work?
>How is called your work and what genre it belongs to? Is it a cartoon or a comic?
>What is your work about?
>When do you expect having finished your work?
>Do you spend more time worlbuilding, writing plot or developing characters?
>Do you know how your work will end?
>What do you think of the work above your own?
>If you were the author of that work (above your own) how would you do it?
>What is your favorite work in this thread? (EXCEPT YOUR OWN)
>>
>>84256548
Bump, will be back soon.
>>
>>84259234
Thanks for the bump
>>
Felt like being a madman today so I'll be writing something I got out of this: http://kaction.com
>>
>>84256548
Justice League: Crisis in Motion
A giant sentient block of unknown material that can control motion itself is discovered in Gotham City. After Batman gets wrecked, the rest of the JL have to find a way to stop it. Action, mystery, drama? Serious tone.

Superman: Played Straight
Superman, seeing that there are no major crimes in progress, saves a boy's ball from being crushed by oncoming traffic. Seeing that the boy has no one to play with, Superman decides to spend time with him. The boy explains why Superman is his favorite hero. I don't know what genre this would be, but it has a lighter tone than most of my other works.

Batman: Happy Endings
Many of Batman's rogues decide to give up their ways and become good. Each person's story and why they decided to change is evaluated. Action, mystery. Serious tone, with comedic elements.

Superman: Too Slow
A speedster not connected with the speed force is committing various crimes faster than Superman can get to the scene. Superman has to use his wits to find a way to stop him. Action, detective. Serious tone.

Golden Gloves: In a world similar to ours, but different in subtle ways, a man seeking justice is blessed with a pair of gold gloves which grant him increased abilities. It's meant to be a golden age hero in the modern world. Action, drama, adventure. Serious tone with few comedic elements.

Uncorruptible: Superman expy going on Silver Age-esque adventures. Many villains try to corrupt him, but they are unable to. Comedy, action, adventure. Very light-hearted and fun.

I don't know where to post my stuff, but if anyone has any questions I can answer them, unless it spoils a major plot point.
>>
>>84256548
>Can you provide a link to your work?
http://pastebin.com/CnbaqeUW

>How is called your work and what genre it belongs to? Is it a cartoon or a comic?
I guess it would be called modern fantasy.

>What is your work about?
Personified Corporations that deal with life while being surrounded by humans and having to deal with business and their own dreams

>When do you expect having finished your work?
Hmm, I really don't know.

>Do you spend more time worlbuilding, writing plot or developing characters?
Worldbuilding, that's always fun.

>Do you know how your work will end?
Hopefully with them being a lot happier than they are now.

>>84259723
Good luck man.
>>
>>84256548
Just gonna repost this from one of the last writethreads:

>Is your work a cartoon or a comic?
Cartoon, ideally.

>Can you sum up your work in a couple sentences?
A couple of bees work to keep their hive safe from wasps, animals, and a crazed swarm of plant-based crimes against nature. Shenanigans ensue.

>Who are your main characters? Describe them, both mentally and physically.
One of the brigades of guards keeping said hive safe. Consists of Jasper (A relatively young bee who only took the job because his parents wanted him out of the house), Lance (the previous captain of the royal guard and general grouch), Phoebe (A hot-headed archer with a girly streak), and Wilhelm (A strongman with as much brains as brawn).

>Who/what's your main antagonist? Does your work have a rouge's gallery of sorts?
The main villains are the Botanic Horde, a massive swarm of plant-based monsters led by a woman calling herself Venus. She believes that the insects (namely, the bees) have pretty much thrown nature too far out of balance, and that it's time to repay the favor.

Outside that, there's the local wasp gang (who are pretty much the mafia with insects), along with a number of recurring and one-off baddies.
>>
>>84261094
contd.
>Outside the MCs and antagonists, what are some other characters from your work?
There's a fly that just wants some recognition And eventually ends up joining the MCs, a shy spider girl with a knack for painting, an entire ant colony, a showgirl butterfly, and an egg that's too lazy to hatch all the way.

>What kind of audiences are you aiming for?
I could probably aim for around the 11-16 crowd, with some room for adjustment.

>What do you think the biggest problem with your work is? Be honest.
I think some bits might be a bit too derivative so far.

>When do you expect to have it done?
Not anytime soon, that's for sure.

>Do you spend more time writing plots or world building?
Waaaaaay too much on world building. I have a pretty good idea of the overarching story though.

>Which of the other works posted in this thread is your favorite?
This one, I guess? >>84260473
>>
>>84260378
I like how this all sounds. A lot of potential.
>>
>>84256548
Does this kind of thread really happen once a week? This is the first I've seen of it. Usually it's the one about drawing, and I can't draw.
>>
File: 1467673974936.png (2 MB, 2596x2780) Image search: [Google]
1467673974936.png
2 MB, 2596x2780
So I'm writing an erotica for the first time. Since I've posted a decent bit of writing so far and almost all of it has been fairly light/PG caliber stuff, is this going to make me come off as a weirdo to potential readers? I'd say it's relatively light, especially compared to some eroticas,but it's going to stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of my portfolio. I don't want people to be immediately turned off from my writing because they think I'm some perv nor do I want to attract people who only want smut. Am I crazy for even asking this question?
>>
>>84261957

If you want to write erotica go hard or go home. it's a genre with a lot of stigma attached and yes, people will see you either as a perv or a source of smut.

If you aren't willing to be either of those things, don't write about fuckin'
>>
>>84261957
>Am I crazy for even asking this question?
Not really, you're just uncomfortable with it at the moment. That's alright, get comfortable with it in steps(like you're doing right now), don't try and write something that you're uncomfortable with until you're ready to write it fully.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.