[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what happened with the sexual harrasment scandal in the comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
So, what happened with the sexual harrasment scandal in the comic book industry? Did it all just go away after a few months?
Pic realted, it's one of the assaulters, Bitey, the Clown.
>>
>>84252261
I'm going to guess some people got some good old fashioned hush money.
>>
>>84252280
>>84252261
That and sjws have ridiculous short attention spans when companies aren't validating their faux outrage
>>
is that neil gaiman with a mop on his head?
>>
>>84252298
Yes.
>>
>>84252289
Let's not do the MUH SJW thing for once lads?
The Darkhorse guy is a pretty clearcut cunt
>>
>>84252261
Neil should play Doctor Who
>>
>>84252307
yes and? for people champion for the removal for sexism and racism the cunt is still their but how dare DC show the joker being evil that is the true travesty to them.
>>
>>84252310
I bet he'd like that, since he's a huge Whofag.
>>
>>84252328
Nigga this isnt a sjw issue. Stop yelling it just because you feel triggered
>>
>>84252307
>>84252328
Since Allie has only assaulted straight, withe male creators, there's no reason for the SJW's to care.
>>
>>84252328
Remember the part where I said "let's not make this a MUH SJW thing"?
>>
File: 1569060-eddie_berganza_1.jpg (345 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1569060-eddie_berganza_1.jpg
345 KB, 768x1024
Remember when they successfully chased Rick Remender away from Marvel for some non-issue? And how Berganza is STILL with at DC and no one cares?
>>
>>84252338
>Nigga this isnt a sjw issue.
its literally the thing they "claim" to fighting against but
Harras is still at DC
Scott lobdell is still at DC
Scott Allie is still at dark horse
but how dare marvel make captain america a "nazi"
>>
>>84252376
>And how Berganza is STILL with at DC and no one cares?

To be fair, I still see a lot of complaints about Berganza to this day.
>>
>>84252382
This doesn't even make internal sense. All these things have been protested publicly and extensively, but it's ultimately on the companies to do something, no amount of protest can change that.
>>
>>84252382
See once again, you're bringing up unrelated shit; we can talk about sexual harassment without you randomly bringing up unrelated shit.
>>
File: Batgirl-41-joker-variant--012.jpg (202 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl-41-joker-variant--012.jpg
202 KB, 900x1366
>>84252413

but they're able to get variant comics removed because it show joker being evil against a woman of all things. Or get the spiderwoman cover removed because...she''s doing a classic spiderman pose?
>>
File: 1292438329895.jpg (47 KB, 546x366) Image search: [Google]
1292438329895.jpg
47 KB, 546x366
Would you let yourself molested by a slimey, middle aged editor of the same sex if it meant that you can take over writing your favourite title, /co/? Be honest!
>>
>>84252307
This is a case where it pretty much is MUH SJWS

If they're not interested, there's no scandal.
>>
>>84252408
To be fair, everybody was talking about Berganza for about a decade and nobody did a thing. Unless he kills DidDio with multiple witnesses watching - he is going to stay with DC.
>>
>>84252450
Off-topic, but no, the companies in question decided to pull those covers, which is completely within their rights seeing how those are their creative properties. They didn't have to do shit, but they did. That's their decision. Like keeping these harassers on is their decision.
>>
>>84252507
>84252507
they removed them because of consumer pressure idiot.
>>
>>84252532
Yes fuckface, they CHOSE to remove them because of dumbass consumer pressure.
>>
>>84252459
Hell no.
>>
>>84252542
exactly so why does the consumers do a mass protest against DC or Dark Horse like boycotting their boos to get the sexual harassers removed? because 1 they don't read comic books and were just looking for something to angry about and 2.consumers have all the power but are too lazy to do anything.
>>
>>84252542
Just like they could chose to fire people.
>>
>>84252643
I don't know where you've been, but there have been extensive online protest regarding Berganza's employment, for example, just a couple weeks ago, and there's also people who in fact boycott DC because of it. This is all stuff that actually happens. The power to change things still lies with the companies themselves, just like they do with content.
>>
>>84252761
>there's also people who in fact boycott DC because of it
>been in the top 10 for weeks
wowee Dc sure is feeling the pressure
>>
>>84252761
I believe that the only reason Greg Rucka took the Wonder Woman Rebirth jobs was if the book was moved out of the Superman offices (and under Eddie Bazingas! watch) to a different office (The Bat Offices, I think?)
>>
>>84252382
they'll never get rid of allie since he oversees all hellboy related stuff and getting rid of that will hurt them a lot more
>>
>>84252761
In the case of DH they pretty much fired all their editors who complained to management about Allie's transgressions and told to STFU. It's pretty much why DH is supposedly suffering editorially. In the case of DC Berganza knows where all the bodies are buried (such as Dan Didio's own supposed misdeeds) and he is loyal so the important people don't get rid of him unless retaining him becomes more detrimental than it is now.
>>
>>84252261
Turns out that the industry doesn't actually operate on LISTEN and BELIEVE.

Since there's never any evidence, witnesses, or corroboration, it fizzled out despite SJWs best efforts.
>>
>>84252812
Wasn't it more because the Bat editors took back the book and dumped Bennett? I know Conroy who edits Midnighter was the former editor on Azz's book and getting Rucka would be up his and Doyle's alley.
>>
>>84252376
The fuck are you talking about? Outhousers and ca always bring up Berganza, even for unrelated shit.
>>
>>84252875
I think those editors who still want to keep their jobs are now scattered among smaller publishers.
>>
>>84252408
It's even worse when you consider how shitty he is as an editor. He has to have something on someone important.
>>
>>84252376
>Remember when they successfully chased Rick Remender away from Marvel for some non-issue?

No because Remender's departure was during the hiatus on Secret Wars which was more than half a year after that non-event between Marvel and Tumblr.
>>
>>84252376
What did they do to Remender?
>>
>>84252532
>>84252542
But the people who protested didn't consume comicbooks.
>>
>>84252875
>Berganza knows where all the bodies are buried (such as Dan Didio's own supposed misdeeds) and he is loyal

Seriously the only explanation at this point. That DH thing is deplorable as well.
>>
>>84252983
They wanted him gone after they thought a scene where Sam and Arnim Zola's daughter have sex constituted statutory rape.
>>
>>84252459
If he was a carbon copy of Kevin Spacey, maybe
>>
>>84253045
He's pals with higher ups and even Johns. Berganza get demoted every year after someone brings up some shit about him. Now they've removed even WW and titans from his hold. His pals make sure that he at least stays employed.
>>
>>84253053
That's because they're all closet racists who were offended at a black man making love to a blonde haired white woman.
>>
>>84252983
#firerickremender
>>
>>84252983
They freaked out about the 'don't call me mutant' speech which Remender did not respond well to drown in hobo piss tweet then there was the entire #firerickremender thing which was spawned from one dummie that clearly wasn't paying attention to the comic she was reading. Then perpetuated by a bunch of people that had never read a comic in their life.

It was funny because it was a bunch of spoiled white girls going 'omg he ruined my favorite character' in reference to Falcon.
>>
>>84252261
Berganza is apparently being handled by HR so that'll take a while

Anyway he'll probably just get demoted like he was last time until he feels pressure to quit
>>
>>84253541
Oh and quite a few people were fired/quit over Allie so he's staying
>>
>>84253480
Did he even write anything good for Marvel besides Uncanny X-Force and Frankencastle? I mean, i loved both, but his Uncanny Avengers were mediocre, AXIS was absolutely shit and Sam Cap is boring.

Let's start a #firedandslott movement
>>
>>84252376
> all those awful comics he's edited on his watch that /co/ once gave.
> this man still has a job at DC.
>>
>>84255469
/co/ is crap at social media ops and /pol/ wouldn't care because there's no real lulz in it
>>
File: Venom_Deadpool_Vol_1_1.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1979) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Deadpool_Vol_1_1.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1979
>>84255469
His Venom was pretty good and also this
>>
>>84252261
>Bitey, the Clown
kek
>>
>>84255897
You're right, i had forgotten about it,
>>
>>84255469
He doesn't even care for characters he doesn't own. He admitted it himself. Even his frankencastle wasn't that good.
>>
>>84252532
They most likely would have ignored the protesters if neckbeards didn't start harassing the small number of teenage girls who complained.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.