[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WHO'S STRONG AND BRAVE HERE TO SAVE THE AMERICAN WAY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>WHO'S STRONG AND BRAVE HERE TO SAVE THE AMERICAN WAY?
IMO this was one of the Phase One best movies and Red Skull is one of the best Marvel villains.Yeah, after the Cap rescues the POW the quality downgrades and the third act is rushed because they remembered that he needed to be in The Avengers.
Will the MCU ever do movies set in the 40's?
>>
>>84251136
Yeah it was better than the other cap films. Easy 7/10.
>>
>>84251308
Winter Soldier might have been better if it wasn't dragged down by Black Widow.
>>
File: 1365463944436.png (226 KB, 527x275) Image search: [Google]
1365463944436.png
226 KB, 527x275
>Cap doesn't have a fight scene with Red Skull or any sort of enjoyable final confrontation
>Cosmic Cube transported Red Skull which allows future movies to easily have him show up but none have done so so
I still liked the movie but this really bugs me.
>>
>>84251136
Comfiest MCU movie to be honest with you my family.

TWS is still my favorite Cap movie, but I love rewatching this one too.
>>
>>84251334
The climax of Cap 1 is his last call with Peggy, not his fight with Red Skull.

I always appreciated that, because it seems so much more quintessential Cap. It may have made for a slightly anti-climatic movie, but it works a lot better within the story they made for Cap in the subsequent movies. It's a great pilot, not a great finale.
>>
Pretty much a perfect example of everything wrong with the MCU desu

Joe Johnston could have given us the best pulpy action since his Rocketeer but it gets completely MURDERED in the final act due to forced shared universe MCU garbage. Really a shame that the closest thing to a modern Raiders and the movie Johnston's career has been building towards is a fucking CAPTAIN AMERICA movie starring a freakishly perfect Evans as Steve and it got ruined to make a commercial for the next summer MCU product. Cap deserved better.
>>
>>84251770
I never got this argument.

Isn't the whole point of the MCU to have a coherent large-scale series? Isn't that the experiment? To have multiple, vastly different protagonist-worthy characters and make them work in a long form, much like a TV series?

It's like your faulting a cat for meowing just because you think it should be a dog.
>>
>>84251825

I'm pretty sure the point of a movie is to be a good movie
>>
>>84251844
And I'm pretty sure a point of a series of movie is to be a good series.

I mean, they are literally treading new ground, so not everything is perfect all the time, but that IS the entire point of it, is it not?
>>
>>84251874

If the point of making a film is not to make a good film but instead to whore out that next film then this is not "new ground" that should be tread.
>>
>>84251136
>Red Skull making everybody do the dab
I'd probably do the same thing with a cosmic cube tbqh.
>>
>>84251334
Blame Marvel/Disney/Kevin Fiege for not either finding a replacement actor for Red Skull or telling Hugo Weaving he has a couple more movies in his contract with Marvel and that he is going to appear in the end credits scene for Avengers: Infinity War Part 2.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.