[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Preacher comic book as good as the TV show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Is the Preacher comic book as good as the TV show?
>>
>>84250325
No, it's significantly better.
>>
>>84250325
neither are good
>>
>>84250325
>no Dillion art

Yes. It is better.
>>
>>84250325
See of it more as a reimagining, they're taking liberties with some things much like TWD does.

I for one, love it and tonight's ep broke my god damn heart.
>>
>>84250350
I'm surprised they didn't ask all the actors to constantly scowl throughout the filming of the show as a means of staying true to the comic.
>>
Comic book is great. Garth Ennis' finest work.

Art doe suck though, but you get used to it.
>>
>>84250405
shit sorry >>84250325
it's nearly 3am here i misread your post, thinking you asking about the TV show
>>
>>84250350
>No Dillon art
But this was Dillon art when it was GOOD.
>>
I love the comic, but i read through it again recently, and while most of it is still great there is a lot more cringe than you probably remember. The show is re-framing it in a mostly pretty great way, with really only a few really lame exceptions. I'm still into it.
>>
>>84250528
Nah, I think was Preacher is when he started to same face everyone. Maybe it also started with his Animal Man.

I forgot which comic it was, but I recall seeing some old comic of art of his that was completely unrecognizable to his current style. All the mainstream comics he's known for have all had his terrible style though.
>>
>>84250325
Is the show actually good? I just remember once checking out a talkback thread of the pilot and everyone seemed to have hated it.
>>
>>84250650
I remember many calling it boring but it seems to slowly change people's mind
>>
I just reread the series last week and it doesn't all hold up particularly well. The highs are pretty high, but about 1/3 of the arcs suck and the characters go from likeable to awful. By the time I got to the last ten issues or so, I fucking hated the three leads.

I would also argue Ennis' political grandstanding is some of the most obnoxious I've ever come across in a comic book. Those who complain about Tumblr influencing Marvel should get a load of some of this stuff. It's soooo over the top that I think even a conservative would find it obnoxious, like nails on chalkboard bad.

The series is like 80% awesome. I think they've failed to make Tulip's stuff interesting, and I don't get the point of the Mom character helping out Jesse, but they won me over with the way they've shot the cold opens, especially.
>>
>>84251775
Sorry, TV series is what I was referring to as "80% awesome"
>>
>>84250587
>Nah, I think was Preacher is when he started to same face everyone. Maybe it also started with his Animal Man.

He samefaces when he's on a deadline, and for the first dozen or so Preacher issues he had more time, was taking more care because it was a creator owned thing, whatever, but I've read 80s stuff from him with the Dillon face. He just got busier later and had to speed up - sameface is what pro artists do when they need to hit deadlines
>>
>>84250325
It's at least ten times better.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.