[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was unironically good and the twist of Killian doing war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 7037235-iron-man-3-movie-poster.jpg (837 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
7037235-iron-man-3-movie-poster.jpg
837 KB, 2560x1600
This was unironically good and the twist of Killian doing war on terror and having the some people of the Gov at his side was well done. However, the kid and Tony destroying the armors still bug me. What do you think?
>>
>>84243513
> war on terror
I meant using fear, sorry.
>>
It's personally my favorite out of the three. I enjoyed the Mandarin twist, Tony having a panic attack thinking about New York, and the fact that the final villain wasn't just another guy in a suit.
>>
>>84243513
I liked it, although that's a bit of an unpopular opinion
>>
>>84243677
The final bad guy was a man in a suit
>>
File: we all see the twist.jpg (68 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
we all see the twist.jpg
68 KB, 570x238
>>84243513
>set up mandarin as an interesting villain
>turns out he's a joke
>the real villain is bland and unforgettable

What's the point in the twist if the execution sucks?
>>
It was good. People who get butthurt about the Mandarin thing are pleb autist homos and I will fuck their boipussy.
>>
>>84243513
I thought it was very good. I just wish I could've read the writing on the wall: Marvel's quip filled approach to any form of drama wasn't going to be a one time thing.
>>
>>84243734
>forgettable

Maybe that's a slip and that guy really is the greatest villain in MCU history? Or maybe I just need to sleep.
>>
>>84243513
It was so fucking boring

Nothing interesting happens in this movie, the humor misses, everyone acts like a total retard, Tony charges his suit with a car battery which blares my autism to previously unseen levels, at it's very best it's a watered down neutered kiss kiss bang bang and the mandarin reveal is fucking stupid because the only people who care at all are comic readers who have to settle for the disappointment of the mandarin being guy in a nice suit #11 of the marvel universe

It doesn't even have enjoyably bad moments like IM2, it's just a miserable drudge through another inconsequential Tony Stark hangout session
>>
>>84243736
>I will fuck their boipussy
You said it, now you have to do it
>>
>>84243513
i liked it....not enough...IRON man, instead of KISS KISS BANG BANG.

Also, once you see the major plothole (why is he stranded with broken armor...when he has like a hundred) its hard to see.

Otherwise, pretty good.
>>
I liked the Mandarin twist a lot. The reveal was fun, even if the real villain was pretty boring. I also really can't get upset that they supposedly ruined the Mandarin. We were supposed to care about him before going into the movie?
>>
>>84244075

It was a missed opportunity because the comics needed something to boost interest. Making his archnemesis interesting and relevant, as a pseudo Osama, would've made him a lucrative threat to use again in the comics. Instead we got "Tony is adopted" and "Tony is a bigger dick than normal until the universe is destroyed."
>>
>>84244138
>Making his archnemesis interesting and relevant, as a pseudo Osama, would've made him a lucrative threat to use again in the comics. Instead we got "Tony is adopted" and "Tony is a bigger dick than normal until the universe is destroyed."
I can understand that, but I mean the people who think the twist is bad not because it wasn't done well but because it wasn't the comic Mandarin.
>>
>>84243513
Terrible. Bad editing choices, and why the fuck was it Christmas? This movie came out in like July.
>>
File: AldrichKillianExtremis2-IM3.png (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
AldrichKillianExtremis2-IM3.png
2 MB, 1920x800
>Just as the villain actually starts being threatening he gets comically killed by the protag's girlfriend

Marvel movies, everyone

Wouldn't want things to feel tense or anything
>>
>>84244159

Other than the twist, what good did it do for the movie and the comics? The twist itself was good but it wasn't used properly beyond that. Killian was shit and the comics remained shit. Iron Man has been an underperforming comic for years, especially considering he's been the face of Marvel... until Cap 2.

>>84244165

Apparently that's a Shane Black thing.
>>
>>84244159
>I can understand that, but I mean the people who think the twist is bad not because it wasn't done well but because it wasn't the comic Mandarin.
I doubt those people would be mad if instead of the comic Mandarin, he was anything at all
>>
>>84243734
This, but less venomous.

Honestly found Kingsly's Mandarin to be more enthralling than Pierce's Killian. Other than that, never been a huge Ironman fan anyways so I just enjoyed the ride>>84243697
>>
>>84244354
Ignore that last >>
>>
>>84244165
>Iron Man 3 has Tony feeling depressed in Christmas time.
>Tony's parents died a few days before Christmas.
Pottery.
>>
>>84243513
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang Man 3 is a pretty good action comedy.
Of course mandarin fags hate it to death.
>>
>>84243513
I feel your pain, Anon because we're connected.
>>
>>84244189
He deserved to go out like a bitch by a bitch
>>
>>84244075
The tweest reveal itself was funny and well-done, but not well enough to justify how dull Killian was, how boring the rest of the movie was, and how much potential Kingsley's Mandarin had as a legitimate threat.
>>
>>84243513
Probably the worst superhero film to come out in recent memory.
>>
I actually agree with all your points. Tony blowing up the suits bugged me until that throwaway line in Civil War.
>>
>>84250712
If Paltrow isn't gonna show up for these movies except iron man, they might as well kill her off
>>
>>84251313
>he hasnt seen Fant4stic
>>
>>84244018
Weren't his other armors trapped under the rubble of his house? Like the access door was under a ton of rocks? Though, he should have been smart and leave an armor or two in Stark Tower like he had in Avengers.
>>
>>84251313
It's easily better than Iron Man 2.

And most DC films for that matter.
>>
>>84244018
>Also, once you see the major plothole (why is he stranded with broken armor...when he has like a hundred) its hard to see.
The armor was all trapped under a blast door that was also under his house, that's why he spends half the film trying to reconnect with it via his messed up Jarvis.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.