[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Characters you don't understand why they have so many fans.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Red_Hood_0001.jpg (72 KB, 600x921) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood_0001.jpg
72 KB, 600x921
I mean, not that they are popular, but people fucking love them. Pic related for example is the only option normies seem to be considering for the plot of the upcoming solo Batman movie.

Is this character seriously this interesting to have such a fandom?
>>
As a casual Bat-fan:

I think the basic story of Batman failing to save a Robin from the Joker killing him is a pretty good spot for some growth of Batman as a character.
>>
Casual here, I'd like to see a Red Hood storyline just because it would bring a level of hypocrisy to Batman's character. He's willing to kill in this universe, but the Joker is still alive. I think that would add more depth to the Red Hood storyline.
>>
>>84239604
I don't give a shit about the Batfam and as someone who never read much with any of the Robins, he seems the most interesting one out of the bunch.

From an outsider perspective, I think he has the most potential for compelling stories. Granted, I never read his comics so I have no idea how good they are.
>>
File: 4607259-flashpoint-batman+3.jpg (840 KB, 1366x982) Image search: [Google]
4607259-flashpoint-batman+3.jpg
840 KB, 1366x982
This motherfucker. I'm in a Facebook group with a bunch of casuals (like Jane Goodall living with the monkeys) and they fucking love this guy. I just don't get it!
>>
>>84239695
To me that just highlights Batman's casual killing as not making a lot of sense. If he's willing to gun down thugs, why not put a bullet in Joker's brain.

Also, why have a utility belt full of crazy toys when a gun can solve most issues.
>>
The Punisher, what is the appeal about a one note psychopath who epitomizes everything that was wrong with comics in the 90s ?
>>
>>84239604
>Is this character seriously this interesting to have such a fandom?
Yes.
>>
>>84239604
He's origin is fairly relatable I guess, he doesn't want to blow up the city he just wants his dad to avenge his death and show him that he mattered.
Plus the great UtRH movie is why he's so popular rather than the comic.
>>
>>84239801
'cept that isn't Flashpoint Batman, that's E2 Batman.
>>
>>84239801
He's Batman but even edgier
>>
>>84239975
It was hard enough finding a picture that wasnt him stabbing Zoom.
>>
>>84239881
>Plus the great UtRH movie is why he's so popular rather than the comic
He was popular before the movie even come out.
>>
>>84239975
They are the same except that E2 Bat uses Miraclo
>>
>>84239859
It's better to Frank more as a joke than a serious character.
If you look at the shit he does as kind of ironic, he gets a lot better
>>
>>84239695
Because Joker is Jason
>>
>>84240079
Looks like you've spent too much time amongst the casuals, buddy
>>
>>84240167
Tell me how much different and unique those two versions of edgy Batman are in terms of character and personality.
How much their methods differs, how opposite the are to each other.
>>
>>84240023
Honesty, it seems like it's just Punisher in a Batman costume, and if they wanted to see Frank... Frank already exists.
>>
>>84240109
>Because Joker is Jason
If that's the route the movies go, then being used as eternal Lobdell containment and ignored by DC might not be a bad thing for comic Jason.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.