[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /co/, here's a challenge: What is the WORST episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1437177283306.jpg (14 KB, 256x191) Image search: [Google]
1437177283306.jpg
14 KB, 256x191
Okay /co/, here's a challenge: What is the WORST episode from the golden age of Spongebob (seasons 1-3)? It's easy to pick favorites because there are so many great ones, but are any of them actually bad?
>>
The Lost Episode Special
>>
I Had an Accident
>>
By worst I mean least good but... I'd have to say The Great Snail Race.

It's a good episode, very funny, but Spongebob acting out of character was kinda off-putting.

That being said, there is no such thing as a bad episode of Golden Age SB in my opinion. Some are just better than others.
>>
Reef Blower.
>>
Season 3 was complete burnout. The live action dependence, characters acting like complete jackasses to one another, and the tone of the writing has more emphasis on being obnoxious than making you like the characters
>>
>>84238272
Yeah I agree with this one.
>>
Every episode including and past I Had An Accident was bad, but Krabby Land was the worst of the worst. Very few good jokes, over-reliance on slapstick and repetitive. This episode basically did everything wrong, while at least most of the other late S3 episodes only had one or two of these issues.
>>
Club SpongeBob
>>
i never liked ripped pants, that one played a lot when i was a kid
the chaperone wasn't great
squirrel jokes only had like, 2 or 3 good jokes
I couldn't deal with party pooper pants
krabby land and the strangler were pretty subpart imo

>>84238272
yeah that one was baaaaad only good part of it was the walk cycle tape
>>84238326
FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>84238525
dude no that episode is top tier
>>
I was going to say other krabs trash but the second part makes up for a boring start.
>>
I'm with Stupid
Dumped
>>
>>84238272
First 5 minutes with Patchy at the playground and walk cycles is gold. Everything after is weak.
>>
>>84238272
I don't know if any one who replied to this is serious or not, because "THAT WAS JUST A BUNCH OF CHEAP WALK CYCLES"
>>
The one where a jellyfish follows Spongebob home.
>>
>>84238478
>Krabby Land

I agree with this. This is one of the first episodes that felt like it had that really awful cruelty/character abuse that became a big thing after the movie.

However I will say that the part where Spongebob says "You promised those kids Krabby The Clown...but all I saw was...*sniffs* Cheapy The Cheapskate!" always makes me laugh. The delivery is just perfect.

>>84238712

Why? I love that episode.
>>
>>84238289
this
>>
>>84238865
I remember it being pretty standard, boring. Compared to the better episodes it's kinda flat. I don't think it's bad by any means but if I were asked to think of one episode from the first three seasons that was just 'off' or disappointing I think that one.

Except for:

>Squidward could you maybe play your clarinet less badly?
>>
>>84238712
that ep is fucking based
>>
Party Pooper Pants
>>
>ITT: Vaguely Decent pieces of media
>>
>>84239048

I barely even remember this one.
>>
File: 1451419488504.jpg (59 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1451419488504.jpg
59 KB, 500x385
>that episode where Spongebob joins the alt-right and gets red-pilled on Krabs and his Jewish tendencies while Squidward becomes a nu-male SJW cuck
>>
>>84239943
I don't think any of those things happened
>>
>>84238272
This. The segments with Patchy and the walking cycles parts are amazing though
>>
File: The_Paper.jpg (22 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
The_Paper.jpg
22 KB, 300x225
>nobody has posted this yet
I'm surprised, this is usually regarded as the worst, or at least the most forgettable.
>>
>>84240026
It barely gets aired, though, which is why it's so forgettable
>>
>>84240026
It's not bad, it's just paired with the valentine's day episode which only gets played once a year.
>>
>>84240026

What's bad about this one?
>>
>>84240026
You just reminded me of the episode when Squidward and Spongebob become snails.
>>
>>84240132
None of it was funny.
>>
>>84240078
I forgot about that one. Why is that?
>>
The episode where Spongebob turns into a snail, and then Patrick turns into a snail and then Squidward does.
>>
>>84240195

Yeah but it wasn't really bad, it was just kind of boring.

>>84240186

That one is actually fucking terrible, completely forgot it. It's actually kind of disturbing too.
>>
>>84240078
>>84240186
See the thing with these episodes is, I don't know if I just hate them because they only air literally once a year. Though they probably are just bad since the April Fools episode and Christmas only air once a year and they're top tier.
>>
>>84238537
that walk cycle always freaked me out as a kid, i remember hiding behind the couch in front of my tv when i saw it for the first time
>>
>>84239943
>"I will dismantle this globalist establishment kike by kike!"

I think Hillenburg went a little too far with that one.
>>
>>84239787
I think its the one Spongebob goes over board with party planning til its the standard dude gets locked out of his own party episode.
>>
>>84238272
ya know I agree with you that it's the worst, but I actually still like this episode. I still got the flying song in my head.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.