[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about pilots that will never be greenlit. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Chasam if endless bedroom eyes.png (2 MB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chasam if endless bedroom eyes.png
2 MB, 1919x1080
Let's talk about pilots that will never be greenlit.
What's your favorite and why?
>>
File: gladys.jpg (53 KB, 885x498) Image search: [Google]
gladys.jpg
53 KB, 885x498
In hindsight, I wish Over the Hedge got the same TV treatment as Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon and Monsters vs. Aliens

I need more of best girl
>>
File: 1463718790315.gif (476 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
1463718790315.gif
476 KB, 500x310
>TFW so plenty of the DC Nation shorts would have made way better shows than TTG.

Why do CN and WB love making bad decisions?
I want my Plastic Man cartoon!
>>
File: kittybobo.jpg (44 KB, 400x246) Image search: [Google]
kittybobo.jpg
44 KB, 400x246
Kitty Bobo.
Mainly because everything about it, aesthetically, is such a relic of the early 2000s that unless they specifically retooled it to make it modernized, or make it a big nostalgic send up to the late 90s and early 2000s, it just doesn't feel like it would work at all. It's like trying to modernize jet set radio or Tony hawk when fucking nobody gives a shit about skating anymore.

Man, I really liked the vibe during the early 2000s when every urban setting felt really sprawling, and there was a weird feeling of modernity mixed with nostalgia towards the 90s and a weird sense of positivity directly before 9/11. That and the comparitive technological quaintness made things feel more lived in, less perfect smooth iphones, more clunky ass giant screens and fuck off HEUG headphones.

I guess that's the danger in making something a kind of zeitgeist of the times, it ends up only being able to survive in those times. I guarantee the same thing will happen to shows like we bare bears.
>>
>>84237325
>there will never bee a stand alone Shazam series
>>
File: yoyo.png (666 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
yoyo.png
666 KB, 1366x768
yoyotoki

because reasons
>>
where can i watch CN's failed pilots
>>
>>84237325
Doesn't ttg print money?
>>
>>84237662
That doesn't mean it's good, especially compared to what we could've gotten.
>>
>>84237216
There's always hope.

Niko and the Sword of Light didn't win the contest it was in, but it was renewed anyways as a full series the following year anyway.
>>
I would have liked to see Disney's Katbot. It was actually greenlit, but cancelled during production.

>DISNEY'S KATBOT is a comedy series about a curious, somewhat naïve, fun-loving cat robot Katbot from the planet Katatonia, who as part of her schooling is sent to Earth to study tween culture. By using her hypno-façade, she disguises herself as Katerina Botenski, a foreign exchange student from a small Eastern European country she also calls Katatonia. The only person who knows her secret is her best friend Junior Lebore, the son of her host family. Through her friendships with an eclectic group of earthlings, Katbot experiences life on Earth with a unique and comic perspective. Sherri Stoner (TINY TOON ADVENTURES), Bart Jennett (DISNEY'S RECESS) and John Carlin serve as exec producers. Kristin Ellington is a co-exec producer and Randy Myers (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS, MY LIFE AS A TEENAGE ROBOT) is the director. The series stars Anneliese van der Pol (Disney Channel's THAT'S SO RAVEN) as Katbot, Charlie Schlatter (FERRIS BUELLER television series) as Junior Lebore and Mayim Bialik (BLOSSOM) as Paula. The series is a production of Walt Disney Television Animation in association with Funny Garbage and premieres in September 2005.

Apparently, it was based on a series of now-ancient internet shorts. This was the opening of those shorts. Presumably, the show would have looked better. Maybe it still would have been shit, but... robot cat girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoNMq6ABcoU
>>
>>84237590
I don't think there is any single site where they keep their rejected pilots. they are usually just scattered around youtube and vimeo.
>>
Does the Amethyst: Princess of Gemwold mini short collection count as a pilot? Cause I wish the hell that had gotten a whole series...
>>
File: soh.jpg (58 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
soh.jpg
58 KB, 500x253
It was funny.
>>
>>84239579
Isn't that the same damn plot of star vs? No wonder it was cancelled.
>>
>>84240179
Screw-On Head was too fucking good for our sinful hands.

Everything about the pilot was perfection, pure perfection. It was like an enhanced version of the Venture Brothers, imagine how it could have been if given the time to mature a la the Venture Brothers.
>>
>>84237325

I'm gonna rub some salt in the wound and notify you that Cartoon Network held a voting poll on what DC nation short should get a show, a week in to the voting poll It looked like Amethyst Princess of Gem World was going to get in leading the with an impressive 38% over, Plastic man, Shanghai Batman, Animal Man, Baby Superman, Thunder and Lightning, and Teen Titans Go that was dead last in the votes.

Threw some Miracle TTG in less then a day got the lead. and was the go for a show.
>>
>>84239579
>that OP
That was very Daria, somehow.
>>
>>84240503
It was cancelled a decade ago. Star Vs. wasn't even a Nickelodeon pitch at that point.
>>
>>84240799
And I can sort of see why.

Even though TTG hasn't changed much since DC nation, just the name Teen Titans was enough to excite a lot of people. Even when the teaser revealed chibi style, a lot of people were still just expecting a new season of Teen Titans, just like normal.

It wasn't until later that people started to realize that something was up, and by then it was too late.

And let's be honest folks knowing Cartoon Network Amethyst wasn't going to get more than one season anyways.
>>
>>84237355
>Man, I really liked the vibe during the early 2000s when every urban setting felt really sprawling, and there was a weird feeling of modernity mixed with nostalgia towards the 90s and a weird sense of positivity directly before 9/11.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.