[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Finding Dory" dominates box office, #1 for third straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: dory.png (548 KB, 693x421) Image search: [Google]
dory.png
548 KB, 693x421
>Continuing its ascent toward overtaking Captain America: Civil War ($405.4 million) as the year’s highest-grossing film so far, Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory swims to the top of the North American box office for its third consecutive three-day window, adding an estimated $41.9 million to its $372.3 million haul after just 17 days in release. Its third weekend number will climb even higher once Fourth of July totals are announced Monday. If three-day estimates hold up, the July 1-3 weekend could be the fourth highest-grossing holiday frame in history, with totals approaching $190 million.

>With a steady $166 million coming from foreign territories thus far, Dory now stands at $538 million globally, bringing the Ellen DeGeneres-starring animated film one step closer to becoming Disney’s fourth 2016 picture to cross the $900 million mark worldwide.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/03/weekend-box-office-legend-tarzan
>>
>>84235908
Guess "Finding Marlin" is guaranteed now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
We all know the REAL reason why this movie is succeeding.
>>
>>84236063
fuck off Gerald
>>
>>84235908
I saw the first one when I was 7 at it's release and liked it. Convince me to watch this one as a mature adult?
>>
>>84236141
Like Toy Story sequels, its a movie that agreed with it's former audience to tell a different story while building on the first
>>
is it any good?
>>
>>84236063
Ellen plugs it on her talk show?
>>
I haven't watched a Pixar movie since Up. Was The Good Dinosaur any good?
>>
>>84236234
>>84236500
It was pretty great. Made me think Pixar could do sequels again
>>
>>84235908
Proving once again that the only thing that can defeat Disney is more Disney. Have you bowed down and paid homage to your Disney overlords yet?
>>
>>84236500
Not really. Though I admit, if you go into it understanding that it's a western you'll have a better chance of liking it. Also the character animation was hella jarring next to the hyper-realistic background animation.
>>
>>84236681
Alright. I think they had a really fantastic run with Incredibles, Ratatouille, WALL-E and Up, all of them are A+ in my book, and then I kinda just lost interest for a while. I watched all the newer trailers today and The Good Dinosaur was the only one I thought might have potential, but the trailers were too vague, lots of silent scenery shots that were pretty but I didn't know enough about the concept.

Might watch it on a late night or something but no rush.
>>
>>84236500

The only Pixar movies you need to watch are Toy Story 3 and Inside Out. Cars 2 and The Good Dinosaur were awful. Brave and Monsters University were good, but you can skip them and not miss out on much.
>>
>>84236886
I could barely make it through the trailer for Inside Out, it looked atrocious.
>>
>>84236886
>Brave
>good
>>
>>84236886
Brave sucked
>>
>>84236920

Did you see the first Frozen trailer with the moose? Same thing with Inside Out.

>>84236988
>>84237055

I never understood why Brave is hated so much.
>>
File: 1466026019396.jpg (516 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
1466026019396.jpg
516 KB, 895x895
>>84235908
>Straight week
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>84236886
Here's your (You)
>>
This movie is successful thanks to the whale shark, i tell you.
>>
>>84237644
Curse this insidious and pervasive heteronormativity!
>>
Is the movie even out in the UK? Haven't seen a single trailer or poster of it anywhere.
>>
>>84235908
Good. I'm glad Ellen is showing that straights are inferior when it comes to acting and creativity. It's a new dawn for the industry.
>>
>>84237805
>It's a new dawn for the industry.

Hollywood has been gay since its inception.
>>
>>84238126
Yes. But it's not widely known. The world needs to know and accept it. Did you know there are still nations that oppress us, such as China, Russia, and some parts of the USA? With the magic of movies, the world will be more accepting.
>>
>>84238126
>Hollywood has been gay since its inception.

This, how else would you explain the pedophile ring.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.