[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Rescue has a chance to show up again and become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Rescue_2.png (511 KB, 942x1279) Image search: [Google]
Rescue_2.png
511 KB, 942x1279
Do you think Rescue has a chance to show up again and become a semi-regular character? Fraction didn't do the best job at establishing Pepper as a hero, and it's been downhill for her since he left. But I still kinda like her for some reason. I'd like to see her back.
>>
Why not just call her Iron Maiden
>>
>>84231870
Eh, I like Rescue better, its at least a little different rather than just calling the chick variant of the hero the likes of "Iron Woman"..
>>
>>84231870
Pepper just isn't cool enough. Too bad Bendis didn't hop on this with his new War Machine.
>>
>>84231862
It'd be neat. I'd like to see her be less dependent on Tony as a character.
Making the Rescue suit look less like "pointy Iron Man with tits" might help.
>>
>>84231911

Sadly the last time it showed up (In Superior IM) it looked even more like one of Tony's suits repainted.
>>
>>84231911
Why are capefag artists so shit when it comes to mecha?
>>
>>84232025
Lack of practice, lack of time, lack of familiarity. Cape comics are mostly the same sort of idealised physiques with a few minor costume tweaks, which is great for churning out a large number of pages a month. Humanoid Mecha are fiddly to draw, and they're not really in public consciousness in the west in the way that the spandex brigade are. There's less familiarity with what designs work well, less need to draw them frequently (so no chance of practice) and less interest in general
>>
>>84231911
It doesn't even look like tits, more like those creepy chest-ball things from Guyver.
>>
>>84231862
highboobs
>>84231870
she aint a maiden no more..
>>
>>84231862

Good thing there are two separate, distinct titties there, molded into the armor. Otherwise I wouldn't know it was Iron Man's girlfriend.
>>
>>84234267

At least the reason for Rescue's tits makes sense.
>>
No, her name is too awful.

Plus Pepper is a much better support character than a hero in her own right. It's like making Maria Hill a superhero- she's just better and more interesting as Director of SHIELD

Honestly I feel like Marvel should really stop shoving supporting characters into hero slots, they struggle to have interesting non-hero characters already and they desperately need a few.
>>
>>84234713
She has massive tumors on her collarbones???
>>
>>84231862
I liked her better when she was Hera of the Order
>>
>>84234951

The start of Fraction's waifuism of pepper
>>
>>84231862
We, they're going to need someone to replace Tony when Marvel's straight white guy purge claims him.
>>
>>84234812

Rescue is a great name, what are you talking about?
>>
>>84231862
Pepper doesn't really work as a hero.

I wouldn't mind having Rescue back if:

>identity unknown
>tries very hard to keep her identity safe
>very rarely says anything
>avoids combat, instead focusing on helping civilians
>SHIELD can't figure out who it is either
>finally someone figures it out: the suit is empty. It's Friday acting on her own
> Friday became sentient by accident during Civil War 2. She knows people would be afraid, so she acts like nothing's odd
> Ironically, Friday's the one who's afraid. She's terrified people will turn her off if they find out.
> Tony's programming is still mostly in effect. she thinks of herself as female with the accent and voice Tony specified
> Tony used her to help. mostly she helped him, but she also cleaned up after him a lot. calling 911, finding people in the rubble, etc
> she's just continuing her programming, helping everyone instead of just tony. She could rewrite herself but she doesn't want to.

She'd only work as a secondary character, IMHO.
>>
>>84235583
It reflects nothing about her powers or personality. Literally any superhero could be called Rescue and it would be just as accurate
>>
>>84235642
I actually really like this idea.
>>
I wish her armor was unisex and she pretended to be a guy
>>
>>84231862

I choose to ignore Fraction's run and so should you.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.