[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Comics Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: file.png (2 MB, 808x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 808x1200
What are you looking forward to?
What are you reading?
etc.
>>
File: file.png (698 KB, 960x613) Image search: [Google]
file.png
698 KB, 960x613
Batgirl is looking cute.
>>
>>84230004
>What are you looking forward to?
Young Animal and more reprints of old material
>What are you reading?
Nothing current., loving the Suicide Squad and Sandman Mystery Theatre collections
>>
Pretty much everything at this point. The only Rebirth books I'm going to stay away from are Batgirl and Harley . They just aren't my cup of tea. The Hanna Barbera stuff is also great so far and I can't believe that we're getting Midnighter and Dogwelder minis after the poor DCYou sales

My only real complaint with DC right now is that they're putting out more quality than I can afford
>>
>>84230028

Shit, I forgot about Young Animal. I'm going to have to cancel something to pick up Doom Patrol
>>
>>84230056
>My only real complaint with DC right now is that they're putting out more quality than I can afford
The best complaint you could have desu. Thank God I'm trade waiting this time around.
>>
>>84230004
I'm excited for the new Hellblazer series, only because Moritat is drawing it. The new Doom Patrol looks pretty great, as does the entire Young Animal line. Besides that, I guess I'll be picking up the first Batgirl arc when it comes out in trade, I adore Albuquerque's art, so he'll at least make it look interesting/readable.
>>
>>84230004
The return of Titans
>>
>>84230004

Seems like the only way DC could get more based right now is if they got Harry Potter comics going. Shame JK will never allow it
>>
>>84230004
All this promo art of Diana being a QT has been good for my soul.
>>
>>84230004
Young Animal. It's basically the only Big Two-related thing I still give a shit about.
>>
File: 1465899589169.gif (2 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465899589169.gif
2 MB, 480x480
>>84230178
I ended up showing my girlfriend that link that posted on /co/ last night before reading it.

"This is what will finally turn me as autistic about comics as you are."

Fuck Rowling. The only reason she's not letting anyone touch the world is because she needs something to fall back on when she fails yet again at writing adult fiction.
>>
>>84230266

What's the Batman one?
>>
>>84230178
>>84230300
Did I miss Harry Potter news?
>>
>>84230407
>MOTHER PANIC – Meet Violet Paige, a celebrity heiress by day and brutal vigilante by night as she takes on the underbelly of Gotham City’s high society. Hitting shelves in November, the series is written by Gerard Way and Jody Houser with art by Tommy Lee Edwards.

So it's basically R-Rated Batwoman
>>
>>84230407
Mother Panic
>>
>>84230426
Nah it was a thread where some guy pretended Harry Potter comics were coming out as long as it didn't mingle with DC superheroes. So of course the first 10 or 20 people acted like it was real, so you'd just read the reaction from the thread and assume it was real and jump in with the good cheer.

So nah. Fake and gay.
>>
>>84230266
>>84230433
>>84230439
>>84230407
Imagine Damifag in all of the Mother Panic threads
>>
>>84230545
Literally who
>>
>>84230012
why does this and all the promo stuff look good but in the preview of the actual issue he draws dick like he has fetal alcohol syndrome
>>
>>84230578
An autist shitting up all Batman related threads
>>
>>84230056
Dogwelder? Where? What comic book issue?
>>
>>84230592
New ongoing amigo.

>>84230585
>Autist
He's the hero we need but don't deserve.
>>
>>84230585
Is he a trip? why don't you just filter him
>>
>>84230592
>>84230606
It's a new 6 issue mini, not an ongoing.
>>
>>84230623
whatevas, it's Ennis writing Constantine again, nothing else matters
>>
>>84230616
No, he's just a really obvious thirteen year old who can't spell and types like he's on hard opioids so it's easy to see he's the same Damian obsessed faggot.
>>
>>84230789
I think it's cute he self inserts as Dame
>>
>>84230814
There's a joke about Damian inserting himself into women here somewhere
>>
I'm still sad that my entire pull list basically got cancelled for Rebirth. So far the only thing I'm really interested in is the new Batman. I look forward to Nightwing, and to Midnighter & Apollo in the fall. And I hope at least one of the books featuring Damian will be good.
Detective Comics and Titans have been pretty disappointing to me.
I don't hate Rebirth as a whole though, it was probably a reasonable move of them to make.
>>
>>84230012
>tablet

REEEEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (437 KB, 960x742) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
437 KB, 960x742
I'm looking forward to Nightwing, New Super-man, Midnighter and Apollo, Blue Beetle, Deathstroke, Hellblazer, and Six Pack/Dogwelder

I'm anxious about HJGLC, I want it to be good but I'm worried it'll just be more of the same Venditti shit
>>
>>84232430
If you guys don't mind me asking, what exactly was the problem with Venditti's run? I see it gets a lot of hate and am curious. I only read some issues of it here and there but I found it more mediocre than bad.
>>
Superman has been pretty great so far. I hope they can keep the energy going after John spins off into Super Sons. I'm also looking forward to Superwoman because goddamn did I miss Phil Jimenez.

Other titles that I'll either buy or trade wait are Blue Beetles, Midnighter and Apollo, Nightwing, Wonder Woman (maybe just the nicola scott ones), Doom Patrol, and Cyborg if the first issue hooks me. Everything else looks fine, but I can only get so many books at one time.
>>
>>84232475
It IS more mediocre than bad, for the most part it was competently written and put together as a comic aside from some pacing issues

My beef with it is I disliked almost every story line and there was too much Hal suffering

I can put up with a mediocre book if I like the material but his GL is extra frustrating because there are little bits and pieces of things that could have been good but then he fucks up the execution every single time
>>
I'm really looking forward to Young Animal and Blue Beetle.

Favorite Rebirth books out of what's released so far are King's Batman, Aquaman and Flash.
>>
>>84232687
I wish I liked The Flash more, but the first issues haven't exactly filled me with hope. I might start picking it up in the second arc.
>>
Nightwing
Aquaman
Suicide Squad
Just like I've been doing since September 2011
>>
>>84232430
I'm liking Paranoid GL Buddy Cops a ton. It's not perfect, but if we have to have GLs futzing around on Earth, I like that they both hang out with their families and bicker and Baz is bringing Jessica home, he just wants a friend :(
>>
>>84232937
I want to like it more than I do although it's definitely much better than I was expecting

I'm also a little bitter that the premise buddy cops on Earth with a little humor and drama is what I've been wanting from a GL book for ages but id's about the two noob lanterns while everybody else is still stuck with Venditti and only going to be in space
>>
Currently reading all of rebirth. Giving each a title 3 non rebirth issues to sell me. I like all the current titles except Green Lanterns which I'm iffy on and Flash which I haven't had time for
>>
File: 861560.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
861560.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>84230300
>There will never be a Hagrid ongoing where he basically just fucks around and stumbles into amazing adventures through drinking/gambling and tames magical beasts and being an ambassador to the remaining giant tribes
Life is truly unfair
>>
>>84233115
Ginny, Luna, and Neville ongoing.
That's all I want.
>>
>>84232430
why didn't DC give it to someone else
it's been bleeding readers
>>
>>84232747

Flash could be better, but I like how Williamson is handling the characters. Even if he's retreading stuff from Manapul/Buccelatto's run, he's already doing a better job of pacing out a single issue better and giving more fitting character voices than they could
>>
>>84233351

I think he's clearly setting up a brand new sidecast at Police Station and there seems to be more emphasis on his day job.

When I read Titans and Flash, I could clearly see the difference between Barry and Wally's voices and that adds up plus too.

I hope he won't go too "synergy" with DCEU movies and keep Barry as a mature adult.
>>
File: 1435473769740.jpg (29 KB, 462x481) Image search: [Google]
1435473769740.jpg
29 KB, 462x481
Looking forward to the Blue Beetle run.
I'm looking forward to how the make Jaime good again, cause holy shit, The New52 run was a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>84230056
Aquaman #2
Batman #2
Superman #2
Flintstones #1
Future Quest #2
JL Rebirth
All this Wednesday.
Plus like three or four other titles I forgot.

This is going to get pricey.
>>
>>84230004
Excited for Young Animal. And I want Super Sons!!! Super-Man looks neat.

Even reading Batman, Superman, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and Action Comics.
>>
File: 1292438329895.jpg (47 KB, 546x366) Image search: [Google]
1292438329895.jpg
47 KB, 546x366
>>84230789
Sounds like someone who's easy to trigger, so he must be a bit entertaining at least. Definitely will be on a look out for him.
>>
>>84231373

I think your entire pull would have been cancelled anyway since sales were in the shitter
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.