[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the art of Sean Murphy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
What does /co/ think of the art of Sean Murphy?
>>
>>84226607
i wish he did more work, i fucking love his art style and city of demons is only good because of him
>>
I think Sean Murphy is a great artist who has never worked on a great comic

Joe the Barbarian
Punk Rock Jesus
The Wake
Chrononauts
Tokyo Ghost

None of these are comics I would recommend to someone
>>
>>84226639
He did Hellblazer and The wake was kind of good for me
>>
He's great at backgrounds and using black/white. Looking forward to his Batman stuff.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (16 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
16 KB, 278x181
>>84226639
Two rock slolid issues of Hellblazer right here, Anon.
>>
>>84226607
Wasted.
>>
>>84226639
has he ever drawn anything involving outer space or aliens?
>>
>>84226639
Punk Rock Jesus and Joe are good.
Chrononauts is simply millar, a movie pitch in disguise. Art was decent though.
>>
>>84228845
Joe was awful, it's probably the most boring comics I've ever read from Morrison. I don't even like Morrison that much, but I usually think he has interesting ideas. Joe was like some lost movie form the 80's that was trying to be Never Ending Story

Punk Rock went off the rails after Murphy became an atheist while working on it.
>>
>>84228766
Uh is Star Trek spacey and alieny enough for you?
>>
>>84226607
I fuckin' love the guy. I want to see him do a Ghost Rider story.
>>84228992
Punk rock Jesus was an enjoyable ride for the art alone.
>>
>>84229074
it is for me
>>
>>84228766
Outer Orbit, a sci-fi miniseries published by Dark Horse several years back. It was a somewhat weird comic, though—it had two artists; Zach Howard would draw panels that featured the male lead, while Murphy drew the panels with the female lead. Interesting collaboration, but the frequent stylistic back-and-forth shifts might be annoying for some readers.
>>
>>84229077
>enjoyable ride for the art alone.
That's the thing. His art is always killer. I love the scratchy style he uses, which I think really lends itself more to black and white than color
>>
>>84226607
Good artist, bad writer, works on a lot of projects I don't really care much for.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.