[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point of throwing super beings in prisons in DC/Marvel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: parasite.jpg (49 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
parasite.jpg
49 KB, 720x536
Whats the point of throwing super beings in prisons in DC/Marvel? Do they really expect them to serve their time, get out, and be an upstanding member of society?

What the hells Parasite supposed to do when hes finished serving his sentence? Do they think he'll just go get a job and find an apartment?
>>
>>84225989
>Whats the point of throwing super beings in prisons in DC/Marvel?
Everyone deserves a chance to change
Everyone deserves a chance to get the help they need
This is what the main heroes of DC believe and live by
Also batman wants to support the justice system in gotham so he can fix the city
>>
>>84225989
there was a really good astro city arc about a guy with colossus skin who gets out of prison after 20 years and tries to lead a normal life. wish i had it or i would st
>>
File: 1466231369415.png (286 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
1466231369415.png
286 KB, 540x404
I don't know...there's always the option of freezing them and letting them get caught in a space explosion and die.
>>
>>84225989
Better question is why is Parasite such a jobber? Guy should be in more books
>>
>>84225989
>Do they really expect them to serve their time, get out, and be an upstanding member of society?

this doesn't work in the real world either.
>>
>>84226051
all of this and
>Use their special abilities to power the city and save money
>>
>>84225989

I want to read a short series about villains reforming and attempting to live normal lives

imagine Parasite chilling by the water cooler in a suit and accidentally touching Betty from accounting.
>>
>>84225989
Most Supervillains, when they do reform, either become heroes or get a job in the metahuman community, usually working for some super-science gig. Parasite, for example, could probably get a job at STAR Labs helping them analyze different metahuman power sources, or even just as a living power sync.
>>
>>84225989
They probably have life sentences
>>
>>84226139
It'd be bittersweet since ultimately their good ends would probably be undone. Especially if they got popular from the series.
>>
>>84225989
Why doesn't the Justice League just pay their members? They would get more people on their good side then.

Flash's rouges just seem like they want money, if they got paid from the Justice League or batman or anybody they would be good guys
>>
>>84227208

>good ends

who said the series wouldn't end in them tragically falling back into their lives of crime, anon?
>>
>>84226139
I'm writing a story like this. Joker reforms and becomes Batman's partner, and that influences most of the other villains into changing their ways.
>>
>>84227255
I'd rather a cute series of Ex-Villains taking up odd jobs in their second chances.
>>
>>84227271
>Joker
He seems like one of those irredeemable villains unless he's redeemed "ironically"
>>
>>84227299
Batman mentions offhand that if Joker and others would reform then it would make him smile, and Joker takes it seriously, but stays reformed after seeing others smile when saving them. He decides that it's better to make people laugh the genuine way instead of by force.

The point is to show that anyone can reform and change for the better, and that everyone has goodness in them. And also to show that Superman and Batman are correct with their no-kill codes.
>>
>>84227223
They're heroes, not mercenaries.
>>
>>84227408
Is there an Elseworlds where the Justice League is filled with mercenaries?
>>
>>84227372
That sounds god awful, you should stop honestly.
>>
>>84227372
>>84227863

I think it sounds fun
>>
File: 1465135809499.png (168 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465135809499.png
168 KB, 640x480
>>84227271
>>84227299
Well, there was that one episode of Batman: TAS where Johnnie Cochran got Joker's record wiped clean.

>"If a man's filled with glee, that man must go free."
>>
Let me tell you faggots why

Its because Batman and Superman are two heads of the same crooked coin. Both of them want to be god and authorize the entirety of the planet because they trivialize everything...like its a sick personal game

Remember when The Creeper got created in that one episode of B: TAS? He's with the League now. Why? Batman gave him a chance.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.